+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ before test , timeline

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
novembre2013

congrats. please share your interview experience it will help us. since u were RQed did they ask too many questions and checked any thing original in person. please do reply it will help us all. once again congrats

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Hi.
I also got RQ BEFORE TEST..
I got RQ september 2013, BUT I ONLY SUBMITTED MARCH2014.
I DID citizenship test may 2014.
waiting for OATH…………

:'(

what is the difference to get RQ BEFORE TEST OR AFTER TEST?

novembre2013

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
blueshirt said:
novembre2013

congrats. please share your interview experience it will help us. since u were RQed did they ask too many questions and checked any thing original in person. please do reply it will help us all. once again congrats
thanks.for the interview, it went well. he asked me questions about my travels, my studies, my son; he also asked me how do I support myself since I stopped working to raise my baby;
he checked my passports ( the expired one and the new one), my pr card, my landing document, health card;
he asked when I arrived in canada, what was my status and which airport have I landed back then
he had my RQ next to him and it was assed; I could see someone s handwriting on it.

that s it.
majority of people received the notice to take the oath

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
ah !

after I took my citizenship test this year in may I WENT for an interview.

The officer told me ' congratulations ! you scored really well !!!!! ;D"

She asked me if I live in the same place, If Im working in the same job, looked at my PR card and browsed some of my file and said ' everything looks good' . You just need to wait for your RQ to be reviewed , THEN they will communicate to you through a letter once this is done for the oath. but my case is a little different than most people..in my RQ i have less than 1095 physical days due to illness . Long story but all documented and sent with proof to them. Hopefully it will be ok . The officer said it should be fine . I hope so !!!!!!

I called cic a few days ago and they said it's still under review the RQ….the documents are not SO MUCH. why do they take so long??????
:-[

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
QUESTION :

do the OFFICER WHO INTERVIEW US AFTER THE TEST is the same OFFICER WHO REVIEW OUR RQ??? Just wondering.

Lorris

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have received my ATIP today and it turns out that my case has been approved on Aug 26, about a month after the test.

A few peculiarities... My responsible CIC office is indicated as Scarborough, however my RQ processing and citizenship test have been done at St. Clair CIC. I am not sure they've actually reviewed the RQ but the document submission was requested to St. Clair. Now there is an ATIP note that on Sep 8 my file was transferred to Mississauga. Perhaps somebody in Ottawa noticed that Mississauga CIC was too fast and they started routing files for oath from other offices.

Another note indicated that my case has been approved by a citizenship officer, not a citizenship judge. It is a sign that the new processing procedures kicked in for old RQ recipients as well, at least in the part specifying that not all cases had to be approved personally by the judge.

Further case details are in the signature.

Iftikhar123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
applicant314 said:
Applied: Feb 2014
RQ: June 2014
Response: July 2014
Test: August 2014 (2 weeks ago)
Office: Kitchener

My interview took place after the test. The officer just verified the stamps in my passport with my my declared absences. Then he told me that my RQ hadn't been assessed yet and will be sent to St. Clair. There, he told me, it can take anywhere from "a few months" to "a veeeeeery long time". All people who took the test with me had basically the same experience.

IS THERE ANY NEWS FROM U???

stopcu

May 11, 2010
look4d said:
Polarbear,

I did send CBSA report 3 days ago after sending the RQ by 40 days.

Yes, I will hope for the best , do you know personally someone got RQ BEFORE the test and has a timeline ? , I searched in this forum but seems it is fairly new procedure and no timelines yet.

What I am trying to say is , RQ after a test is may be triggering delays for uncertainty , but RQ Before test for them to have all the supporting Doc to prof residency, but if you fail to proof , then the delay starts , well, it is just a point of view as none shared RQ timeline before the test yet.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers
I agree to that...

ronin21

Jul 17, 2014
Lorris said:
I have received my ATIP today and it turns out that my case has been approved on Aug 26, about a month after the test.

A few peculiarities... My responsible CIC office is indicated as Scarborough, however my RQ processing and citizenship test have been done at St. Clair CIC. I am not sure they've actually reviewed the RQ but the document submission was requested to St. Clair. Now there is an ATIP note that on Sep 8 my file was transferred to Mississauga. Perhaps somebody in Ottawa noticed that Mississauga CIC was too fast and they started routing files for oath from other offices.

Another note indicated that my case has been approved by a citizenship officer, not a citizenship judge. It is a sign that the new processing procedures kicked in for old RQ recipients as well, at least in the part specifying that not all cases had to be approved personally by the judge.
Hi Lorris, mine has been sent to Mississauga for oath too, late Sept, after approved and granted by St. Clair. My home office is St. Clair, I do not have ATIP but call center agent gave this info, hopefully Mississauga is faster than Scar. !

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Well......i hope you guys are LUCKIER THAN ME..........i also had RQ before test, i submitted in FEBRUARY THIS YEAR, AND TEST was in may/2014. Anyway, called call agent and they told me that my file was never TOUCHED after test and it's on the QUEUE UNTIL NOW for an officer to review it...... :'(

So i asked her : whats the procedure of who goes first ? why wait so long for them to review it ? she said you applied SO SOON EARLY 2013.....so the others who have applied earlier than you ARE ' IN PRIORITY ' LIST....THIS IS HOW IT WORKS...

HONESTLy i dont think this is how it works.....because i have seen a lot of people who despite getting RQ have already completed their PROCESS............... it's really a matter of LUCK.......that's all I THINK...i was going to request of ATIP ...but now since I already know this.....what's the point of asking???????? i already know it's the QUEUE TO BE REVIEWED........... GEEEEZZZZ such bad news .....

steeles

May 7, 2014
amazing21 said:
Well......i hope you guys are LUCKIER THAN ME..........i also had RQ before test, i submitted in FEBRUARY THIS YEAR, AND TEST was in may/2014. Anyway, called call agent and they told me that my file was never TOUCHED after test and it's on the QUEUE UNTIL NOW for an officer to review it...... :'(

So i asked her : whats the procedure of who goes first ? why wait so long for them to review it ? she said you applied SO SOON EARLY 2013.....so the others who have applied earlier than you ARE ' IN PRIORITY ' LIST....THIS IS HOW IT WORKS...

HONESTLy i dont think this is how it works.....because i have seen a lot of people who despite getting RQ have already completed their PROCESS............... it's really a matter of LUCK.......that's all I THINK...i was going to request of ATIP ...but now since I already know this.....what's the point of asking???????? i already know it's the QUEUE TO BE REVIEWED........... GEEEEZZZZ such bad news .....
Hi, Amazing21
I have a very similar case with yours.
I applied Oct.2012 and pre-test RQ and submitted in April 2014 and test in July 2014.
I haven't received the Oath letter yet and still waiting.
It will be nice to share infortmation!!

So...Do you mean even if you took and passed the test and received the white paper
"will receive Oath letter in 3 to 5 months", it does not apply to pre-test RQ people??

I know pre-test RQ is faster than post-test RQ for processing time.

I am sure Oath letter will come someday... not like 5 years, 10 years.

bsobaid

Jul 12, 2009
application received on April 10, 2012.
processing started on December 12, 2012.

I sent completed RQ by April 2013

No updates since then.
Online status does not show anything related to RQ.

Applied from mississauga.

what is the expected test date?

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bsobaid said:
application received on April 10, 2012.
processing started on December 12, 2012.

I sent completed RQ by April 2013

No updates since then.
Online status does not show anything related to RQ.

Applied from mississauga.

what is the expected test date?
Applied September 2012

In process February 2013

RQ received April 2013
RQ sent May 2013

Received a letter to prepare for citizenship test in January 2014, I am still preparing but no test yet. Waiting Waiting 25 months already

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have also ordered my ATIP notes to verify the status of my application.
It's been over 60 days i am waiting for my ATIP notes, I don't know what this CIC people are doing.
No test No ATIP... Conservative crooks are so busy working under table..