+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ before test , timeline

Jun 24, 2013
I did the test on April 2nd and the oath date is June 23rd, so it should be very soon for you. We went through RQ as well.

ozland said:
l applied may 2013
i recieved RQ December
l sent them back november (i was out if the country for studying )
i received a letter for test
l did my test 6 th of may
I did 20/20 and my interview was very well.

What is the next step? will l still wait 36 months ?

AcerAcer

Nov 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
an updates for pre-test RQ? is there any excel file for pre test RQ applicants?

A-Citizen

Jul 4, 2014
Hi everyone,
i just received my oath letter today. I applied on 21 jan 2013. i gave my test on 15 may 2014 and my oath date is july 16 2014. I received my oath letter 7 weeks after my test but my timeline still doesn't show any notice for the oath probably they don't update it everyday.
I got a pre-test residence questionnaire on june 2013.
After reading a lot of forums and blogs i think if you got a pre test residence questionnaire then it would not make a difference in the citizenship time. Post test residence questionnaire might increase the time to 12 months or so.
The test will be scheduled in approx. 15 months after the application is submitted regardless of the residence questionnaire date.
I think pre-test residence questionnaire doesn't put the file under non-routine.

I wish everyone all the best for your citizenship.

thanks

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are very lucky. I applied at the same time but no test date yet.....contacted CIC recently and they mentioned it's a routine file and contact them after two years....didn't receive pre-test residence questionnaire. May I know the name of your local office?

Congrats!

A-Citizen said:
Hi everyone,
i just received my oath letter today. I applied on 21 jan 2013. i gave my test on 15 may 2014 and my oath date is july 16 2014. I received my oath letter 7 weeks after my test but my timeline still doesn't show any notice for the oath probably they don't update it everyday.
After reading a lot of forums and blogs i think if you got a pre test residence questionnaire then it would not make a difference in the citizenship time. Post test residence questionnaire might increase the time to 12 months or so.
The test will be scheduled in approx. 15 months after the application is submitted regardless of the residence questionnaire date.
I think pre-test residence questionnaire doesn't put the file under non-routine.

thanks

AcerAcer

Nov 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A-Citizen said:
Hi everyone,

thanks
congrats Citizen I am truly happy for you and thanks for sharing info with us.

A-Citizen

Jul 4, 2014
My local office was St. clair. My timeline still doesn't show that they issued the oath but i got the letter in mail. I called the cic office many times after my test and every time they told me to wait more. One time they said it will be 2 years from the date of the application. The last time i called them a lady said my file in non-routine because of the pre-test RQ so it will take 2 more years. But i received the oath within 2 weeks after that so i dont think these call center workers know anything about the time it will take for individual files they only make guesses.
all the best to everyone. Its just a matter of time :)

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations.....

A-Citizen said:
My local office was St. clair. My timeline still doesn't show that they issued the oath but i got the letter in mail. I called the cic office many times after my test and every time they told me to wait more. One time they said it will be 2 years from the date of the application. The last time i called them a lady said my file in non-routine because of the pre-test RQ so it will take 2 more years. But i received the oath within 2 weeks after that so i dont think these call center workers know anything about the time it will take for individual files they only make guesses.
all the best to everyone. Its just a matter of time :)

safy

Jul 6, 2014
Hi there,
I have received an RQ before my test as well. When I called the call centre, they indicated that a letter has been mailed on July 2nd, asking for me to appear for the test at the St.Clair office on July 17th.
Can you please provide information on what the officer would ask in the interview, considering I have already replied with all the details in the RQ. Moreover, does this mean that the RQ has already been processed, or they may still look at it in detail during/after the interview.

Any inputs you can provide would be really helpful.

Thanks

bogazici10 said:
This is my timeline guys, my office is Scarborough center,

1) We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 10, 2012.

2) We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 10, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3) We started processing your application on October 25, 2012.

4) We sent you a notice on January 16, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 7, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Received: May 10, 2012
Process application: Oct 25, 2012
Residence questionnaire: Nov 30, 2012
Residence questionnaire sent: January 9, 2013
1st Fingerprint Request: January 24, 2013
Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2013
Text Exam: February 7, 2014
2nd Fingerprint Request: February 6,2014
2nd Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2014
Test: 55 St Claire Avenue East, 10th Floor, Toronto, Ontario M4T 1M2 Canada.

waiting oath ceremony...

aat146

Jul 6, 2014
If you pass the test. They will just check your documents and ask you some basic questions even you put all detail in RQ, Its simple process.

sdfresh

Jul 10, 2014
Hi,

This is my time line for RQ before test. Hope it gives you an idea of the whole process. I have copied and pasted details from the online status page .. so it says " We" for some line.

--> We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March , 2012.

-->We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 12, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

--> We started processing your application on October, 2012.

--> RQ requested - December 2012 ( From the Mississauga Office)

--> RQ Submitted - January 2013 . I did submit some additional documents like the letter from OHIP etc. a little later.

-->Citizenship Test on February 22, 2014 at St Clair office Toronto. The test was done before the interview and they told us the result of the test . During the interview they just spoke to us a bit to check our knowledge of English . There was no need to check the passport because all the information was provided for the RQ. She did say that our application looks good and the next step mostly will be Oath, but depends on the judge.

--> July 10, 2014 - Just received our notice to appear for Oath in a couple of weeks .

The whole process took about 2 years 4 months . I would say that the RQ delayed the whole process by about 4 months considering the normal processing time is about 2 years.

Also, I had submitted my application along with my wifes application. Both were mailed together but in different envelopes and fees paid separately . I was under the impression that they were treated as 2 independent applications. They requested the RQ only for me. But we got the same test date and and during the interview realised that both the appilcations were bundled together . So we will be taking the Oath together.

Initially when I was reading about the RQ and the time line .. I was a little tensed .. but then I don't think it was too bad.

Good Luck.

safy

Jul 6, 2014
This is great! Thanks for the detailed update.. I am hoping mine goes relatively smooth as well. I had a lot of travel during the 4 year period and a lot of missing stamps on my passport as well. I provided all the trips truthfully even if there were missing stamps.

My test is on Thursday and I will provide more of an update as to what was inquired and if there were any concerns or questions raised. .

Btw, what are the best sources of preparation for the test? I have done several tests online and each one has a different set of questions. Any pointers will be helpful. Thanks!

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07/10/former-border-services-manager-blowing-whistle-on-alleged-orchestrated-mismanagement-of-canadas-immigration-enforcement/

Another spam from the conservative crooks

F.H

Mar 15, 2013
i would recommend that you should read the book as well as take online tests as well. these websites helps alot in preparation of test.

safy

Jul 6, 2014
Thanks all for your replies.
The test was fairly easy and I got 19/20.

However during the interview, the officer did not verify or even check any documents. She only checked the original passport, PR card, etc just to verify against the photocopies she had on file. She had my entire file that I had provided with the RQ response and all the supporting documents. She said that no one had reviewed my file yet. So someone needs to review and once they have reviewed they will get back..
No indication on timeline, or why she could not review while I was with her.
Anyone else have this occur?

My timeline is below:

CIC Application Received: Jan 23, 2012
Started Processing Application: Nov 27, 2012
RQ Request Received : February 1, 2013
RQ Reply Sent: February 16, 2013
Notice to Appear for Test: July 3, 2014
Test Date: July 17, 2014
Next Steps: ???

Thanks..