+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ before test , timeline

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fromoc said:
CIC Office = Vancouver (I was told by the call center that it takes longer to process applications if you live in/around Toronto.....)
Got a letter from the local CIC office to take the oath....the online status was also updated the same day that I got the letter...
I guess I got lucky in that I moved from Toronto to Vancouver just as they were transferring my file from Sydney to the local office. In any case, it all works out in the end...I didn't even send them all the info they requested in the RQ form, yet it all worked out.

All the best.

wow your situation is pretty much exactly as mine. I am also in Vancouver. I also received the letter a few months late. Hopefully I will get a test date soon...6 months

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, Member of Parliament Hon.Jim Karygiannis just contacted me on twitter, please sign on his site, they are working on Residence Questionnaire backlog, Please support.

"@jimkarygiannis @ResidencyQ sign the petition send link 2 ur email lists http://jimkarygiannis.net/petition_and_action_requests/citizenship …"

ellis4706

Feb 1, 2013
Hi,
We submitted the application in April 2012, received RQ February 2013.
Today, my wife received a call from CIC stating that our file is transferred to Ottawa (My local office is Glen Erin).
Does anyone know what could be the reason?
Can someone give me the telephone number of Glen Erin office?
Thanks

gamasa

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ellis4706 ,

your post seems fake and confused since when CIC call us if so it must be immigration officer

also they cant transfer your file unless you your self moved and it will take 6-8 weeks

dont know why you post silly thing like this in this forum there is expert and awesome people

like lion, idmtion, mikeathome ,mary chad ,ibm ...etc all of them can tell you what you post FAKE

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gamasa said:
ellis4706 ,

your post seems fake and confused since when CIC call us if so it must be immigration officer

also they cant transfer your file unless you your self moved and it will take 6-8 weeks

dont know why you post silly thing like this in this forum there is expert and awesome people

like lion, idmtion, mikeathome ,mary chad ,ibm ...etc all of them can tell you what you post FAKE
Are you having a bad day or something? It is not polite to just go and accuse people like that. You have the choice to keep quiate and not response to the question...when you dont know for sure about a certain situation, maybe you should keep quiate

BC_Resident

Jun 25, 2013
Hi guys!

I've been a reader of this topic for a long time. As I don't know anybody who received RQ personally, this topic was extremely helpful to me. Thanks to everyone!

Just wanted to share my timeline:
Applied: Feb 1, 2012
RQ Received: Nov 8, 2012
RQ Sent: Dec 14, 2012
Test date: Apr 23, 2013
Became a Canadian on June 24, 2013!
Citizenship Office: Surrey, BC

I wish best of luck to everyone of you!

Cheers

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
Does anyone has update on their time line?
who ever applied in april 2010???

please update.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have no update yet, I hope anyone got a pretest RQ and got a test notification to post some info.
Thanks

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I am in the process of gathering documents to prepare to apply for Citizenship.

Most likely I will be given a RQ because I have traveled to see my parents 6 times in the last 4 years.

However, even though I have traveled 6 times in the last 4 years, I have prove that I have lived 1095 days in the last 4 years. I came as a PR 6 years ago (in 2008). I understand that in the RQ, I will have to provide address verification (places I have stayed) for all of these 6 years period. I can provide confirmation of address verification for the last 4 year only (I have lived in one place by myself in the last 4 years). In the previous 2 years prior to the last 4 year (2008 & 2009), I had lived mostly with my friend, who was renting an apartment. I only had verbal agreement with him in those 2 years. I do not have any proof (cancelled checks, utility payment etc) for this period.

So, I am stressed out what I will do if they ask for verification of address for 2008 & 2009.

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013

please update.

smartuser

Jul 20, 2013
Hello Everyone,

i have also received RQ before citizenship test.

I have just applied in end of march 2013 and received RQ last week(July).

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013

please update.

uncanny

Jun 12, 2013
smartuser said:
Hello Everyone,

i have also received RQ before citizenship test.

I have just applied in end of march 2013 and received RQ last week(July).
Wow that's quick. Did you have a lot of travel in the four years?
Address changes? What is your local office?

purple shark

Jun 23, 2013
kfq said:
Applied with 2 childs under 18 then. In their birth certs. we did not have mothers name (as issued from home country) so we made new ones from our embassy with all the evidences and submitted them. Then we got the RQ. As it had taken so long we were expecting an RQ and had prepared all the documents before hand. The day we got the RQ, within 3 weeks we finalised and sent 4 kg documents with all evidences.On the day of test the RQ box was with officer checking passports etc.before the test.
thank you for the info. so he had the box...hmmm