+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ before test , timeline

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ladybug, Good luck.
Have you ever read about Pretest RQ timeline ? , I wonder if any one in this situation has timeline yet.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@polarbear,
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/api_ipv-eng.html

kfq

Oct 26, 2012
Guys for your information Pre-test Time line, St. Clair.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 24, 2009.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 24, 2009.

We started processing your application on May 27, 2010.

RQ received May 2012

Documents sent june 2012 including travel history and health record.

We sent you a notice on September 26, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 16, 2012 .

Test done 16/10/2012

Awaiting result

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@kfq,

Thank you very much for the input , that can give good hope for the Pretest RQ People.
But why do you think they took 2 years from start processing till they give you the RQ ?.
Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with the test results and you get the Oath Call very soon.

Cheers

kfq

Oct 26, 2012
Applied with 2 childs under 18 then. In their birth certs. we did not have mothers name (as issued from home country) so we made new ones from our embassy with all the evidences and submitted them. Then we got the RQ. As it had taken so long we were expecting an RQ and had prepared all the documents before hand. The day we got the RQ, within 3 weeks we finalised and sent 4 kg documents with all evidences.On the day of test the RQ box was with officer checking passports etc.before the test.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ kfq,

Wonderful information you just gave us here, I appreciate it , I just phoned CIC 5 min ago and they confirmed receiving the RQ papers with my Son's Finger print , but he couldn't give me any time frame of when should they invite us for the test , he said it depends on the file Circumstances, oh well, all we can do now is sit back and wait , might take couple of months or years :)

Thank you again kfq

kfq

Oct 26, 2012
Look4d,

Dont mention. I wish all, a quick citizenship journey, Ours started in sept 2009 :( and still going on and on.

Good luck everbody.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Sama111, As you received RQ before the test, please keep us posted here of your update and timeline.

Thanks

keewan

Nov 16, 2011
Hi,

Application Received April 29, 2011
Started Processing: october 16, 2012
Pre Test RQ Received: october 17, 2012
RQ Mailed back (without the CBSA Report, gave the consent): September 20, 2012

I've been patiently waiting for citizenship exam schedule and got this RQ, after 18 months...really surprised, i tought my case was really simple...

I'm happy i'm a pretty organised person and kept a copy of all my leases, diploma etc...i'm also a frequent flyer member of the only airline i used during the whole requested period, to basically go back home on vacation, so i have an official track of all my trips, with tickets numbers etc. my passport stamps match the information i'm providing. Also sent checking account statements showing rent, salary, taxes and employment statements, a confirmation from my present job, my mortgage for tie...that's pretty much it.

As for any other honest applicant, it leaves bad taste in the mouth, kind of frustrating but that's what it is...

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi keewan,
Yes I agree, it is frustrating after 18 months to get RQ , I guess once someone traveled after landing and before applying for the citizenship they send RQ no matter what , I can see your case as a very straight forward and no doubts about your residency, therefore, relax for now and I think Pre-test RQ doesn't mean delay for too long , I hope we will get the test date within 3 to 6 months , as for now , no timeline yet in here for Pre-test RQ , so it is still not clear , but that what I strongly believe.

Good luck to you and keep tuned

keewan

Nov 16, 2011
@look4d
Thank's for the response,
It doesnt make sense to me to avoid someone travelling after landing or question one's integrity just because he left the country for vacations or for any other valid reason as long as he meets the residency requirements...by coming to canada we didnt sign up for jail...we all have a history, family, our life is here but it does not necessarily mean we have to forget about what we were and where we come from!

I understand some people abused the system and i really believe it s impossible to only have honest people applying, but it's CIC responsibility to use the right tools to catch them and not make us pay for someone else's acts...
As you said, we have no choice but to wait and hope for the best...

arshad hayat

May 1, 2008
Hey...I recieved my rq before I gave my citizenship test. And while completing the rq, I have gone through the exact same experience as you... Unfortunately, I have no idea where to send my rq and all the documents associated with it... Can u please tell me the address ASAP since I only have 2 days to submit my rq...
I am from Hamilton...
Please and thank you :(