BLT

Jul 30, 2014
ajaymetha said:
I am still waiting. Timeline is as follows:

Applied: May 2011

Processing: Dec. 2011

Pre-test RQ: April 2013

RQ Submitted: May 2013

No response after submitting RQ. As per last ATIP dated Oct. 10, 2014, all backgrounds are expired. QRC verification was completed positively in Sep.2013, however, no one had bothered to touch my file after this date.

What to do in this situation?
Was there something fishy with your application? For example :
- You didn't have 1,095 days when applying.
- You are a refugee that went back to your home country.
- You had a problem with police, being convicted with felony, etc.
- You were applying under a lawyer that was being investigated or convicted of immigration fraud.
- You got your PR from being sponsored by your ex-spouse, and divorced right away after gotten the PR.
- You didn't pass the test or English language skill during interview.
- You left Canada right away after you sent your application and currently still in your home country waiting to fly back just to collect the citizenship.
- In your whole family, only you alone applied for citizenship while others hold on to their PR status.
- etc.
If there was nothing fishy, you should get a lawyer for Mandamus. But if not, better wait, because that would be wasting money and resulted in negative outcome : rejected.

ajaymetha

Aug 15, 2014
Nothing applies in my case.

I received a pre-test RQ.
My wife got her citizenship earlier this year.
I have been in this country for more than 12 years.

drakef2000

Oct 25, 2011
I have got a update through email by responding to my file inquiry.
My file is in queue for citizenship test
This is my timeline again.

Applied Jan 2012
In process since June 2013
RQ before test June 2012
Responded to RQ July 2012

Almost 35 month.
St Clair office.

Anyone has idea how long more for test?

Lunaking

Nov 28, 2014
drakef2000 said:
I have got a update through email by responding to my file inquiry.
My file is in queue for citizenship test
This is my timeline again.

Applied Jan 2012
In process since June 2013
RQ before test June 2012
Responded to RQ July 2012

Almost 35 month.
St Clair office.

Anyone has idea how long more for test?

My RQ was end 2012 and delivered 2013. Renewed card in May 2914 when they started reviewing the RQ. Test was in November, so roughly 6 months...st Clare too. Now waiting for oath

zhading

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
called CIC today to ask what's next, as our 36 months of waiting just have passed. Agent said our case is still in St Clair office and "in process". He sent a note to the reviewing officer. Agent said that CIC is supposed to notify a person, who is been waiting for more that 35 months. I doubt we will receive any valuable info though. The discouraging part is that the case was transferred to St Clair office, meaning not only long delay for a review in St Clair, but also addition of these case transfer times... Not sure what Gov of Canada expects in return from immigrants when it treats them like cr @ p...

moti

Oct 24, 2012
Hi zhading, send CIC , case specific inquiry. and also order ATIP . you ll get some info. on your application. Did you write the test yet or not ?

zhading

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Successfully passed the test in June 2013 and no news since then. I did ATIP 6 months ago and going to order a new one once I get back from vacation, so I can see if anything changed after my call to the call centre. And then I will definitely send a more specific request to the CIC by mail. Not sure though if that makes any difference. Even calling MP doesn't help from my friend's experience...

Ladygaga-93

Jan 22, 2014
zhading said:
Successfully passed the test in June 2013 and no news since then. I did ATIP 6 months ago and going to order a new one once I get back from vacation, so I can see if anything changed after my call to the call centre. And then I will definitely send a more specific request to the CIC by mail. Not sure though if that makes any difference. Even calling MP doesn't help from my friend's experience...
What was the agents answer every time you call, and if you got RQ before test, why would it take so long to get oath after test if you documents were reviewed

Ladygaga-93

Jan 22, 2014
Lorris said:
I have received my ATIP today and it turns out that my case has been approved on Aug 26, about a month after the test.

A few peculiarities... My responsible CIC office is indicated as Scarborough, however my RQ processing and citizenship test have been done at St. Clair CIC. I am not sure they've actually reviewed the RQ but the document submission was requested to St. Clair. Now there is an ATIP note that on Sep 8 my file was transferred to Mississauga. Perhaps somebody in Ottawa noticed that Mississauga CIC was too fast and they started routing files for oath from other offices.

Another note indicated that my case has been approved by a citizenship officer, not a citizenship judge. It is a sign that the new processing procedures kicked in for old RQ recipients as well, at least in the part specifying that not all cases had to be approved personally by the judge.

Further case details are in the signature.

Dear Lorris,
I have passed the test in Mississauga on July 29, since then I have not heard from CIC, I am a pre test RQ, I ordered my ATIP last month & could not understand the situation a lot of papers were not disclosed, does it usually says approved in the form, or just a signature of the interviewer , mine had some blocks filled with a print of total residency & absence dates, with the signature of the interviewer, nothing filled in the judge diction part.
Please advise how was your ATIP looks exactly

drakef2000

Oct 25, 2011
The best way is to send an inquiry through their website.
They usually respond in 3-4 weeks.
In my case they said my application is waiting for test
As of November 21

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My timeline.

Applied: Sept 2012
In Process: Feb 2013
RQ Received: April 2013
RQ Sent: May 2013
Letter Received to prepare for test: Jan 2014

Still waiting for the test.... nothing is happening....

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
am4u2ster said:
My timeline.

Applied: Sept 2012
In Process: Feb 2013
RQ Received: April 2013
RQ Sent: May 2013
Letter Received to prepare for test: Jan 2014

Still waiting for the test.... nothing is happening....
So you received a letter to prepare for test but no test date was mentioned on it?

supercarp

Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
me too, still no news or test scheduled :mad:
applied in Mar. 2011
RQ submitted Aug. 2013
ATIP showed "1st test" since May 2014, guess the file is still in queue for test scheduling and RQ review.

zhading

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can't help sharing this amazing and very informative letter received from CIC recently. Basically I called CIC after 36 months expired and was told by the agent that our family's case was transferred from Ottawa to St.Clair. The agent said that CIC is supposed to provide an update on the status and the reason for the delay, and advised that he will send a note to the officer reviewing my case. And this is what we received a few days ago in mail:

"Dear Client:
This letter is in reference to your application for Canadian citizenship and is further to your correspondence received at our office on 15/12/2014.

Our records indicate that your application is currently in residency queue awaiting residence assessment. Once the assessment has been completed, you will be notified as to the next stage of the process.

Should you require additional information on the requirements to become a Canadian Citizen, please visit the Help Centre page of our website at (link) An individual who has an active file at CIC can obtain information on the status of his or her file at (link) Also, in exceptional circumstances citizenship applications can be processed urgently, the criteria fro urgent processing can also be found on this website. (link)

I hope the above information is helpful. For future updates on your file or change of your address, please contact our Immigration Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 or visit our website (link)

For further information, please contact Call Centre.

Yours sincerely,

Citizenship Official"

Isn't it nice? I'm tempted to send this so called letter to the minister's office as an example of how CIC staff waste taxpayer's money.

P.S. somehow I can't post pictures or links here, so had to type all that stuff in...

londonOntario

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/about_us/mandate/citizenship.asp

As per CIC, the entire backlog will be wiped off this year. :eek: :p