Med's Done....
Jun 26, 2015
Interview........
N/A, Addition Doc Request: Jul24, Doc sent and rec'd by CIC: Aug 14, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
goodman36 said:
Please someone advise me....

My 3 year physical presence (within last 4 years) would be complete next month. I am preparing to apply for Citizenship. Right now I am in Toronto. However, there is a good possibility that I may move to Edmonton, for job purposes, next month. Most likely I will be there for over a year, may be more.

So, would it better to apply from Edmonton? (side note: I have been in Canada for 6 years now and have been in and out several times)
I have been in Canada for over 13 years. I was an international student before and then got skilled worker immigration in 2008. I applied for immigration in 2011. In 2012 they sent residence questionnaire, after that no communication. I am extremely upset with CIC. I am employed at a senior government position but still they are unsure if I am in Canada.

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Hi Goodman, if you are not in a rush to have a Canadian passport by any means moved to Edmonton then apply for your citizenship here. Let me remind you that the processing here takes MORE than the normal waiting time of 25 months, that is without RQ.
We just got a new citizenship judge and she's the only one we have, but Judge Mozeson is a workhorse, takes 8 or more citizenship ceremonies per month. We have the highest backlog of applicants.
And you said you have been in and out of the Canada many times. Hope you won't get RQ'd otherwise welcome to the 4 to 6 years waiting club. :)

Btw, next time please search or post your inquiry on the proper thread/ subject like citizenship application, or Edmonton etc. This thread is about RQ before test. So you will get some response. Also other members of this forum might get stirred. ;D

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canuto said:
Hi Goodman, if you are not in a rush to have a Canadian passport by any means moved to Edmonton then apply for your citizenship here. Let me remind you that the processing here takes MORE than the normal waiting time of 25 months, that is without RQ.
We just got a new citizenship judge and she's the only one we have, but Judge Mozeson is a workhorse, takes 8 or more citizenship ceremonies per month. We have the highest backlog of applicants.
And you said you have been in and out of the Canada many times. Hope you won't get RQ'd otherwise welcome to the 4 to 6 years waiting club. :)

Btw, next time please search or post your inquiry on the proper thread/ subject like citizenship application, or Edmonton etc. This thread is about RQ before test. So you will get some response. Also other members of this forum might get stirred. ;D
Understood and much much appreciated.

The thought of waiting for 4/5 years for waiting for citizenship is already making me sick...

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
layla.bee said:
I have been in Canada for over 13 years. I was an international student before and then got skilled worker immigration in 2008. I applied for immigration in 2011. In 2012 they sent residence questionnaire, after that no communication. I am extremely upset with CIC. I am employed at a senior government position but still they are unsure if I am in Canada.
If it could happen to you, then what chance I have of a shorter time period...

Don't know what to say................ :(

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
layla.bee said:
Submit an ATIP request for your GCMS notes they may show why you got RQd though the triage criteria is more or less in the forum public domain - unemployment/self employment with travel, NPR time, Suspect address, ID less than 3 months of issuance, US status/ travel, sposue/kids overseas, second application after withdrawing etc.

SwiftSnail

Oct 24, 2013
Hi!

I applied for Citizenship in Apr 2012
CIC started processing Dec 2012
I received RQ in Mar 2013 (to be sent to Mississauga)
Replied RQ Apr 2013

As of today the CIC online status shows "in processing". On one phone call to CIC I was able to find out that my file is in CIC St Claire.

We originally immigrated to Canada in 2006 but started living and working here in 2008. Lived in USA for about 2.5 years. From 2008 onwards, we maintained 2 years every 5 years residency and no have absence greater than 30 days since then. Only 3 trips to my home country totaling 40 days plus 3 trips to USA totaling 7 days. When we applied in Apr 2012 had over 3.5 years of physical presence in Canada in the previous 4 years.

Based on the what I have read here, most RQ before test get a interview letter in 6-8 months. So I am expecting to get that letter anytime now and hope to have Citizenship early next year. Is that a reasonable expectation? Why/Why not?

layla.bee

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Not Req'd
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Jun 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Jun 26, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Waiting
I submitted my RQ 14 Months ago, so far no news.

Thanks Masafri for GSCM Notes. I have applied for them today.
SwiftSnail said:
Hi!

I applied for Citizenship in Apr 2012
CIC started processing Dec 2012
I received RQ in Mar 2013 (to be sent to Mississauga)
Replied RQ Apr 2013

As of today the CIC online status shows "in processing". On one phone call to CIC I was able to find out that my file is in CIC St Claire.

We originally immigrated to Canada in 2006 but started living and working here in 2008. Lived in USA for about 2.5 years. From 2008 onwards, we maintained 2 years every 5 years residency and no have absence greater than 30 days since then. Only 3 trips to my home country totaling 40 days plus 3 trips to USA totaling 7 days. When we applied in Apr 2012 had over 3.5 years of physical presence in Canada in the previous 4 years.

Based on the what I have read here, most RQ before test get a interview letter in 6-8 months. So I am expecting to get that letter anytime now and hope to have Citizenship early next year. Is that a reasonable expectation? Why/Why not?

parkbr

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 4 2009
Doc's Request.
Mar 30 2012
AOR Received.
May 18 2012
File Transfer...
Jun 4 2012
Med's Request
Aug 1 2012
Med's Done....
Aug 13 2012 (Sent on 16th)
Passport Req..
Oct 29 2012
layla.bee said:
I submitted my RQ 14 Months ago, so far no news.

Thanks Masafri for GSCM Notes. I have applied for them today.
Where's your office? I got the test invitation 13months after sending an RQ.

layla.bee

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Not Req'd
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Jun 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Jun 26, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Waiting
parkbr said:
Where's your office? I got the test invitation 13months after sending an RQ.
I chose Kitchener Office.

parkbr

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 4 2009
Doc's Request.
Mar 30 2012
AOR Received.
May 18 2012
File Transfer...
Jun 4 2012
Med's Request
Aug 1 2012
Med's Done....
Aug 13 2012 (Sent on 16th)
Passport Req..
Oct 29 2012
toto1234 said:
parkbr which office and when u applied give ur timeline please thanks
You could have searched my other posting. But here you go again.

My time line is..
applied on Oct 24 2011
CIC received (I got the letter) in late nov 2011
being processed on July 26 2012 amd RQed at the same time.
sent the first batch of RQ in Sept 2012 and CBSA report on Oct 2012.
I was told that my RQ was reviewed in Aug 2013 and was told to wait for the next step. They also told me that my file got transferred to Scarborough.
I got a test invitation from St.Clair, my home office. It was on Oct 21.