+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RESIDENCE QUESTIONNAIRE

whitelast

Sep 6, 2013
chandu007 said:
You should try to figure out the current status of your application. Have you tried calling CIC call center?
I have seen online status it says in processing since the date they sent me RQ. i havent called CIC, as I thought that they will not give me any information on that.What Should I do?

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whitelast said:
I have seen online status it says in processing since the date they sent me RQ. i havent called CIC, as I thought that they will not give me any information on that.What Should I do?
I recommend requesting the documents (OHIP PCH, etc) and sending them when you receive them. Given that you did respond to the RQ by the deadline, I do not believe there will be a problem sending follow-up documents. It could help and it won't hurt. Just make sure to write a cover letter and include your UCI and or file number. Explain that you did not originally request them because you did not believe you would receive them by the deadline, but you believe they are important documents so you are sending them now. Invite them to contact you if they have any questions or concerns (they won't, but it can't hurt to say so).

I have been waiting for my Record of Movement from my home country for 10 months (processing times are tough!) and will send it when I receive it.

whitelast

Sep 6, 2013
How to obtain personal health record info from OHIP and travel history from CBSA ?? any form or just write a letter and they will send us??

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whitelast said:
How to obtain personal health record info from OHIP and travel history from CBSA ?? any form or just write a letter and they will send us??
check my rq website.

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Talk to the call center agent and get as much information as possible regarding your file. Besides, apply for health and travel records.

whitelast said:

TLE187

Aug 25, 2010
Hi, can anyone provide any indication of the better time to try and speak to an actual person at CIC? I have called 60+ times since January and have managed only once to speak to a person - instead of a recorded message telling me to try again at another time.

We applied for citizenship in December 2011, wrote the test in Hamilton in Sept 2012 - and EVERY person was handed a RQ and then told not to worry, that we should collect what we could and we would "probably get oath ceremony letters within 6-8 weeks." We were given additional forms to write down if we were going on vacation between the test date and the end of December 2012, "in case we missed our scheduled date for the ceremony."

As of today - 21 months after our initial application, and 10 months since our test date, we have heard nothing. Of the people I know and who wrote with us on the day (I only know 4 others), none have received any further information.

In Jan 2013, (the only time I got to speak to a person at CIC), we heard that our files had been transferred from Hamilton to St Clair. Since then, we have not been able to get any information. Any advice would be greatly appreciated?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TLE187 said:
Hi, can anyone provide any indication of the better time to try and speak to an actual person at CIC? I have called 60+ times since January and have managed only once to speak to a person - instead of a recorded message telling me to try again at another time.

We applied for citizenship in December 2011, wrote the test in Hamilton in Sept 2012 - and EVERY person was handed a RQ and then told not to worry, that we should collect what we could and we would "probably get oath ceremony letters within 6-8 weeks." We were given additional forms to write down if we were going on vacation between the test date and the end of December 2012, "in case we missed our scheduled date for the ceremony."

As of today - 21 months after our initial application, and 10 months since our test date, we have heard nothing. Of the people I know and who wrote with us on the day (I only know 4 others), none have received any further information.

In Jan 2013, (the only time I got to speak to a person at CIC), we heard that our files had been transferred from Hamilton to St Clair. Since then, we have not been able to get any information. Any advice would be greatly appreciated?
I have never heard of the whole test group being RQd - if only it could be possible to find out if test was set up for applicants with the same or very similar profile because the RQ triage criteria would have to be met. Did the CIC officers actually interview each applicant do you know - there are numerous reports of agents running out of time/ poor time management and they RQ everyone at the end of the session. To state that you will get an oath 6-8 weeks post RQ is a new low by CIC...they can't even get the results out that soon until OB529A last week frocing them to disclose results at test date. Apply for your GCMS notes - your FOSS/RCMP/CSIS clearances probably going through an expiry loop i.e one expires while waiting for the other one to be completed then that expires and so forth...or you are scheduled for a Citizenship Judge hearing.

gta-local

Star Member
Aug 10, 2013
Has anyone ordered CBSA report? Half of my travel records are missing in my report. Does anyone have the same experience?

sask28

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just have a question for you guys. When did CIC start issuing these Residence Questionnaires? Was it just a couple of years ago? I never knew about this questionnaire until now. Thanks for your reply.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends,

Is it possible to get a PDF version of RESIDENCE QUESTIONNAIRE?

Thanks

Mitali

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mitali said:
Is it possible to get a PDF version of RESIDENCE QUESTIONNAIRE?
Hi-res version (~45MB):

mazharhussain.net/CIT_0171e/CIT_0171e_(09-2012).pdf

You'd need to clean up top of the 1st page where it says "protected when completed - B", there's a strange mess there.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EasyRider said:
Hi-res version (~45MB):

mazharhussain.net/CIT_0171e/CIT_0171e_(09-2012).pdf

You'd need to clean up top of the 1st page where it says "protected when completed - B", there's a strange mess there.
Thanks a ton Easyrider.....The original form send by CIC was lost so I am wondering if CIC will accept this form. Or should one request for fresh forms from CIC? And why can't I find an online version on CIC website? Or am I looking at the wrong place?

Thanks.

Mitali

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mitali said:
Thanks a ton Easyrider.....The original form send by CIC was lost so I am wondering if CIC will accept this form. Or should one request for fresh forms from CIC? And why can't I find an online version on CIC website? Or am I looking at the wrong place?

Thanks.

Mitali
I guess there's no form available publicly partly because it's pre-filled by CIC.

You should reproduce original info on RQ form added by CIC such as dates from-to, file no., applicants name, country and place of birth.

The RQ form sent to you to fill might have been scanned and stored on your file.

Form is just a piece of paper, what matters is that you should reply to what they've asked for in original form.

Some comments from original uploader:

>> use Legal size (8.5”x14”) paper to print
>> in PDF print Dialog box “Page Scaling” set to NONE
>> print on both side
>> for good result, a laser print is recommended

.. and original thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/rq-questionnaire-download-t146924.0.html

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EasyRider said:
I guess there's no form available publicly partly because it's pre-filled by CIC.

You should reproduce original info on RQ form added by CIC such as dates from-to, file no., applicants name, country and place of birth.

The RQ form sent to you to fill might have been scanned and stored on your file.

Form is just a piece of paper, what matters is that you should reply to what they've asked for in original form.

Some comments from original uploader:

>> use Legal size (8.5”x14”) paper to print
>> in PDF print Dialog box “Page Scaling” set to NONE
>> print on both side
>> for good result, a laser print is recommended

.. and original thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/rq-questionnaire-download-t146924.0.html
+1 :)

Mitali

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with i]EasyRider's[/i] comments, but I would also mention that there is no harm in calling the Help Centre and requesting another copy of the RQ.

If you do choose to call, please let us know what the agent says.