+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RESIDENCE QUESTIONNAIRE

manisha

Jul 24, 2006
via08 said:
Hi Mary,

Thanks for the reply!

Since Feb 2009 we're sharing on paying our apartment.. We started from renting a basement from Feb-Dec 2009 without any rental/lease agreement and paying her cash.. Then now we moved to another place, to a real apartment and I asked my landlord if he can provide us a rental agreement and he said he's willing to give it to me, but still I'm paying cash to my friend:D.. I called CIC call center, the lady said just give them a letter stating that I'm paying cash to my friend.. Maybe I'll just include a letter on my documents stating my situation.. and you're right maybe its a good idea to ask my friend if she can provide me a letter too..

And I'm still wondering if I still need to provide a Health records on Questionnaire 24 coz I didn't join any organizations, volunteer groups etc.. since my arrival... I thought this health records is applicable only for questionnaire 24... But anyway, I sent a request already in Ministry of Health to send me a copy just in case...

And about this Bank/Credit card statement, should I have to send them for the whole four years statement? :eek: .. too many, but I photo copied them all:D

Anyone can suggest pls... thanks a lot... it really much appreciated.. and good luck to all!
Hi there,

Am also in a similar situation paying the landlord in cash without any rental agreement.
Can anyone share a template of letter we have to get from the home owners? What to do if one of my previous home owners refuse to give?

BTW, how I have to respond for Q # 24, if am not fully involved in organizations, volunteer group etc. Cause, v have to submit a letter from these groups.

Can anyone help me on this? Your response will be appreciated.

Nikalai

Jul 16, 2013
Hi,

Almost done with my RQ however one question is bothering me:

11. Since your arrival date in Canada, for each family member of your immediate family (e.g., spouse, common law partner and children) provide legal citizenship/immigration status in the country they reside. Please include status in Canada (if no status, indicate N/A).

Family name, given names(s) Status in country where they reside Date status obtained outside Canada (Year/ Month/Day) Status in Canada Date status obtained inside Canada (Year/ Month/Day) Status in country where they reside

Looks simple but I am confused. I've applied with my kids which were with me at the moment of application. Should I leave outside Canada blank or should I indicate the country of origin?

Thank you for any help.

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
Nikalai said:
Hi,

Almost done with my RQ however one question is bothering me:

11. Since your arrival date in Canada, for each family member of your immediate family (e.g., spouse, common law partner and children) provide legal citizenship/immigration status in the country they reside. Please include status in Canada (if no status, indicate N/A).

Family name, given names(s) Status in country where they reside Date status obtained outside Canada (Year/ Month/Day) Status in Canada Date status obtained inside Canada (Year/ Month/Day) Status in country where they reside

Looks simple but I am confused. I've applied with my kids which were with me at the moment of application. Should I leave outside Canada blank or should I indicate the country of origin?

Thank you for any help.
As you said its a very simple and easy question. Any immediate family here or abroad mention it

dePrince

Jul 18, 2013
Hi all,

Thank you all for being so helpful on this forum.

I received the RQ last week (July 9th 2013). I have resided in Canada since Dec 2005 and have only left 3 times for appx. 80 days worth of total vacation (appx. 25 days per year).

I received my PR in July 2010, and applied for citizenship in October 2012 (I am using my time before the PR to accumulate the Canadian Citizenship days). I was very careful with the time calculations and accumulated 1100 days, after counting out the days I was away from the country.

My questions:

1 - I have lived in 6 different places in the 4 year period they have requested. I was mostly sharing accommodation with friends and they were paying the bills / utilities. The Lease was also in their names. This poses a serious concern as I paid them either through intra bank transfer (e-transfer) or paid them in cash. Also, they are asking for lease / rental agreement and/or utilities / bills to prove residence, which I don't have. Should I send the sub lease agreements signed with my friends ? Can they write a letter saying that I indeed lived with them (duly signed by a notary public) ?

2 - I am concerned that a lot of the addresses I stayed in were not updated in a timely manner by me with the banks and the cell phone companies. I have requested both banking history and past cell phone bills. Will it be a concern if the addresses do not match ?

3 - I honestly forgot how long I lived at which places :) Is there a way I can find when I changed my addresses (maybe a drivers license abstract could help) ?

4 - I was employed in Canada for most of the 4 year period preceding my application and was without work for 7 months. Will those 7 months of unemployment affect my RQ ? I was living in Canada during those 7 months, but again I do not have rental / lease agreements and/or landline bills to prove it.

I thank you in advance for your kind help in the matter. As you all can imagine, I am quite anxious about this :)

Umar

dePrince

Jul 18, 2013
As in .. is there anything I can provide to further substantiate the fact that I was indeed living here. I am sure a lot of people must be in a situation where they do not have lease agreements and / or utility bills. The stamps on my passport and the ROE's and the employment letters should be enough to satisfy them ? Is there anything else I can provide in your experience ?

Thanks in advance buddy,

U.

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
dePrince said:
As in .. is there anything I can provide to further substantiate the fact that I was indeed living here. I am sure a lot of people must be in a situation where they do not have lease agreements and / or utility bills. The stamps on my passport and the ROE's and the employment letters should be enough to satisfy them ? Is there anything else I can provide in your experience ?

Thanks in advance buddy,

U.
Buddy i will try to answer your questions at the best of my knowledge

1.You have to provide lease / rental agreement and/or utilities / bills to prove residence. Ask your previous landlords to give you a lease if possible a letter (duly signed by a notary public). If you have your bank statements point out the cash withdrawals towards the rent. I assume those withdrawals were made on the same day of every month. Usually the landlords who accept cash payments and give no receipts generally they don't declare that income.

2. Dude all the addresses on any paper work you provide have to be the same and in perfect trimming manner...For example : your bank statement has one address and your cell phone bill has another...Thats a big NO.

3.The best way to track your exact addresses is always through your pay stubs, notice of assessments etc etc.

4. Well being unemployed is not a crime but you have to declare that period and explain what exactly you were doing in that time length.

You should provide pay stubs, leases/rental agreements, notice of assessments, bank statements, credit card statements, utility bills, cell phone bills, dental records, Traveler history from CBSA, personal claim history (PCH) from OHIP, etc etc.

I hope all this answer your question. I wish you all the very best.
Could you also share your timeline and what triggered your RQ???WAS it so many address changes??or anything else??

dePrince

Jul 18, 2013
Thanks for the help.

My timeline is as follows:

October 6th 2012 --> Applied for Citizenship

November 11th 2012 --> Acknowledgement received from CIC

February 21st 2013 --> File started processing

July 9th 2013 --> RQ received

I am very sure whats prompting the RQ is the number of different addresses. I haven't really been the best at keeping everything up to date with my bank statements, my cell phone bills and my NOE. That is, I didn't change addresses with the banks and cell phone companies immediately.

I will try to get the lease agreements from my previous landlords, and I am very sure they were not declaring rent since these places were temporary accommodation places. I will just provide whatever I can, and maybe attach a letter of explanation to say that I hadn't updated my address.

This along with my translated entry stamps should hopefully clear any doubts. Keeping fingers crossed.

U.

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
dePrince said:
Thanks for the help.

I am very sure whats prompting the RQ is the number of different addresses. I haven't really been the best at keeping everything up to date with my bank statements, my cell phone bills and my NOE. That is, I didn't change addresses with the banks and cell phone companies immediately.

I will try to get the lease agreements from my previous landlords, and I am very sure they were not declaring rent since these places were temporary accommodation places. I will just provide whatever I can, and maybe attach a letter of explanation to say that I hadn't updated my address.

This along with my translated entry stamps should hopefully clear any doubts. Keeping fingers crossed.

U.
Dont worry dude just do the best you could and at the end it all will work up...Make sure its all done within 45 days
of the issuance of RQ.

uncanny

Jun 12, 2013
dePrince said:
Thanks for the help.

U.
dePrince: did you apply with the new application forms which have the option for getting list of entries directly?

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
Does anyone has update on their time line?
who ever applied in april 2010???

please update.

dePrince

Jul 18, 2013
uncanny: Yes I got the new RQ which has the option of CIC directly getting information from the CBSA.

What do your timelines look like and did you also receive the RQ ?

Again, ant information on what else could be provided will be highly appreciated. Is there a checklist somewhere I can reference as to what docuemtns need to be provided ?

U.

uncanny

Jun 12, 2013
dePrince said:
uncanny: Yes I got the new RQ which has the option of CIC directly getting information from the CBSA.

What do your timelines look like and did you also receive the RQ ?

Again, ant information on what else could be provided will be highly appreciated. Is there a checklist somewhere I can reference as to what docuemtns need to be provided ?

U.
dePrice: you got the question wrong. I meant did your Application for Canadian Citizenship have an option for letting CIC get you entry information directly from CBSA? Did you provide consent to this? This is the form that you send along with fees etc, RQ is separate. The new forms came into place around October last year which is about the time you applied. RQ has always had that option.

Reason I ask I an trying to determine whether new forms are getting RQ or not so it may help everyone.

dePrince

Jul 18, 2013
Hi uncanny,

I provided my consent with the citizenship application on the form which I sent them in October 2012.

U.