+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RESIDENCE QUESTIONNAIRE

EZZAHRAE

Jan 13, 2013
EZZAHRAE said:
Hi Beeto

How about we meet to discuss an action plan. I am talking about all those who received the RQ and have been waiting for long time. So let 's invite Wael55, EasyRider and others. We choose a place and time to meet. How about the next weekend. My email is abdelaaziz90 @ gmail.com

JESSICA HUME | QMI AGENCY

OTTAWA — Immigration Minister Jason Kenney explained a 73% drop in the number of permanent residents receiving Canadian citizenship between 2005 and 2012 by saying the government’s “fiscal restraint” was leading to fewer people having to process more applications.

Internal Citizenship and Immigration documents obtained by QMI Agency show only 2.9% of permanent residents who were eligible for citizenship in 2012 received it, down significantly from 76% in 2005.

“There are two reasons for that,” Kenney said. “Increased immigration levels above those under the previous government and an environment of fiscal restraint (means we have) less resources to process more permanent residents coming up for a limited number of spots.”

Kenney also said processing times had increased since 2005, but “only by about three months”.
Though he has been criticized for his policies, accused of making Canada less accessible to the weakest, Kenney said the government’s objectives in immigration are cracking down on fraud and crime while making it easier for skilled immigrants and students who have the greatest likelihood of contributing to society once they’re here.

“We put a greater emphasis on protecting the integrety of our immigration program,” he said. “There have been too many cases of fraudulent applications organized by crooked immigration agents.”

He added the government has an action plan to reduce processing times and streamline applications deemed desirable.

Kenney spoke to reporters upon arrival back in Canada after visiting Sri Lanka, several states in India as well as Turkey to discuss human smuggling, immigration fraud and refugees.

Kingoftherings

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Toronto,Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys i was just wondering if someone can help me i first came to canada when i was. 16 years old right now they are processing my application as an adult cause i have 20 years old do you guys think i gonna get w RQ OR FP if so what info i can provide during these years when i still was living as a minor do you guys think i wont get any RQ hopefully since i come here in 2008 nov 20 i've been here the fulll days everysigle day not abscesses but the only problem is that i lost my passport the one i landed with ANY ADVICE PLEASEEE HELP :)

sapple

Jan 20, 2013
Hi,

Sorry! I am a new bee here. I just got an RQ and asked me to submit a lot of documents along with Record of Movement from the country for which i hold the passport.My question is did anyone obtain this Record of Movement from India.If so, please guide me how to get it.

Thanks,

magda_laura

Jan 24, 2013
I just called the Winnipeg office - I got a RQ after writting the citizenship test JUL31-2012 and they told me today - JAN24-13 that it takes 16-20 months to process applications that got asked to fill out a RQ. This is insane! I am Mexican, have been in the country since 2003 and maintained a legal status at all times; finished my university degree, worked P/T and F/T and not once have I asked for EI. I am married to a Canadian, I've no kids, I'm in my thirties and have only travelled to western countries. This is ridiculous!! I may get an answer sometime in... 2014?? Was upset at the time but no I don't even care anymore. My ADV to anyone who is getting a RQ in the future or got one already: patience and indifference. There is no reasonable explanation - and if there is, you are not going to know it.

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
magda_laura said:
I just called the Winnipeg office - I got a RQ after writting the citizenship test JUL31-2012 and they told me today - JAN24-13 that it takes 16-20 months to process applications that got asked to fill out a RQ. This is insane! I am Mexican, have been in the country since 2003 and maintained a legal status at all times; finished my university degree, worked P/T and F/T and not once have I asked for EI. I am married to a Canadian, I've no kids, I'm in my thirties and have only travelled to western countries. This is ridiculous!! I may get an answer sometime in... 2014?? Was upset at the time but no I don't even care anymore. My ADV to anyone who is getting a RQ in the future or got one already: patience and indifference. There is no reasonable explanation - and if there is, you are not going to know it.
Sorry to hear this but easily is gonna take 36 months from now.
so keep your pr activate to travel.
i have been waiting for 30 months nothing happened,sorry but thats fact.
Ali.

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
magda_laura said:
Hi magda_laura: "patience and indifference" - I have the same feeling like you. I was upset for few days, and now I really don't have any feeling for anything they do to me. My story is little similar to your story. My feeling about RQ is "RANDOM". No specific reason. The Judge or immigration Officers are NOT accountable to applicants. I wanna be 'lucky' one of them. hah?

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The #LPC Twitter #QP session at 11:15am ET. Join @liberal_party and send in your questions to gov’t Ministers

Already sent few for Immigration Minister Kenny...please send in your questions.

cancan269

Nov 14, 2012
Hi,

Sorry! I am a new bee here. I just got an RQ and asked me to submit a lot of documents along with Record of Movement from the country for which i hold the passport.My question is did anyone obtain this Record of Movement from India.If so, please guide me how to get it.

I think you can send them copies of your travel tickets if you have them if I am not mistaken.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cancan269 said:
Hi,

I think you can send them copies of your travel tickets if you have them if I am not mistaken.
I have a friend from India and he told me they like most of the countries don't keep or maintain such records, its optional not mandatory,
CBSA travel history will be good enough

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
cancan269 said:
Hi,

I am also from India and submitted RQ documents. I think stamps in your passport will be sufficient. In my interview on test date, officer compared these dates one by one with the dates in application. All are matching, still in RQ.. ???

IBM.

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
Hi IBM: How did you show departure seal in your passport ?? B/c usually Canadian airports don't stamp the passport while you are departing from Canada. However, they stamp the arrival seal though. Just curious....Thanks

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
saint4peace said:
Hi IBM: How did you show departure seal in your passport ?? B/c usually Canadian airports don't stamp the passport while you are departing from Canada. However, they stamp the arrival seal though. Just curious....Thanks
India stamps the passport when the person lands in India i.e Arrival stamp. So in my case, I have proved that I was in Canada upto that date or atleast 1 day before travelling to India. I also have my boarding passes.

So in citizenship application dates matched with passport stamps.

IBM.

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
IBM said:
India stamps the passport when the person lands in India i.e Arrival stamp. So in my case, I have proved that I was in Canada upto that date or atleast 1 day before travelling to India. I also have my boarding passes. So in citizenship application dates matched with passport stamps.
IBM.

Hi IBM: Thanks. Now it makes sense to me.

HuronBird

Jan 8, 2013
Need your help! please check the following thread:

I thought the best way for us to move forward is to create a data bank of all those effected by the RQ. To insure privacy, I thought it is best that recipients forward their info to an email address. The email address is as follow:

rqrecipients@yahoo.ca

Right you are compliance

Below is the needed info:

Name:
Applied On:
Office:
In processing:
Transferred:
Test:
RQed:
RQ Response:
Origin/Home County:
Physical Presence:
Willing to Pay $200 in case of class: Y/N

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got RQ, too. I am gonna wait for another 12 months and will cancel my application then re-apply. I dont have enough evidence as required by CIC for the first year after I became PR.

There is nothing we can do here so just submit what you have and wait. Asking why you are asked to provide RQ is usless haha renew for your PR, dont commite any crime...you are all set!!!

Cheer up everyone!