+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RESIDENCE QUESTIONNAIRE

sweetie.sweet

Nov 4, 2009
I applied on Feb 2013. Write the test on Nov 6 at Glen Erin. Got RQ. I think they gave me coz I am US residence also. I will fill and return them within next week. Any idea how long does it take in Glen Erin office?

allyp

Mar 15, 2013
Hi Ali

All the best and hope you get a answer soon. What did the judge ask you for 95 mins. Did they ask you to show any documents / paper work. Dis he tell you why you got the RQ? When will they give an reply back to you?.

regards

mirmukaramali said:
Hello guys my interview is done it was very tough though.
95mnts i was with the judge.
hoping for the best sooon.

espn103

Sep 16, 2013
Hi sweetie.sweet

That's really bad that they gave u RQ on test day.Just prepare the documents and hopefully u'll get ur test oath very soon.Can u tell me how's the test at glen Erin ..any tips how to prepare for it...I m also giving in 2 weeks so bit scared of both test and RQ...Plz reply back

sweetie.sweet

Nov 4, 2009
espn103 said:
Hi sweetie.sweet

That's really bad that they gave u RQ on test day.Just prepare the documents and hopefully u'll get ur test oath very soon.Can u tell me how's the test at glen Erin ..any tips how to prepare for it...I m also giving in 2 weeks so bit scared of both test and RQ...Plz reply back
Yes, I hope I will get out of RQ very soon. I am going to mail the supporting documents within this week or next week. The test in Glen Erin is very simple. Just read Discover Canada and please go there 30 minutes earlier than your test. They will let you in 15 minutes early and they will close the door. But the exam will start 10 min after the appointment time. They will allow you to write the exam in 30 min but you can be done in 15 to 20 minutes. May be earlier than that.

Pls dont forget to bring your driving license, PR card, health card and all your passports. I mean the expired one if you have. They want to see the stamp on your passport when you came and up to date one as well. And please bring the copy of your application form, other supporting documents that you attached when you apply. Dont know you will or will not need.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Man I'm just learning about the RQ and am getting worried. My fear is that even though I made sure I had over the 1095 days in Canada needed to apply, I had many absences in the past few years because of business trips and because I made many trips because was in a long distance relationship with my now wife (who has now landed in Canada and is a permanent resident). In any case, the list of trips outside Canada was fairly long so I imagine that is a red flag, no?

crocdile

Nov 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keesio said:
Man I'm just learning about the RQ and am getting worried. My fear is that even though I made sure I had over the 1095 days in Canada needed to apply, I had many absences in the past few years because of business trips and because I made many trips because was in a long distance relationship with my now wife (who has now landed in Canada and is a permanent resident). In any case, the list of trips outside Canada was fairly long so I imagine that is a red flag, no?

Knocking on the wood and wishing you all the best luck, I have to tell you that you have around 90% chance of RQ.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
crocdile said:
Knocking on the wood and wishing you all the best luck, I have to tell you that you have around 90% chance of RQ.
Yeah, wish I included a letter that I was in a long distance relationship.

The irony is that for sponsoring my wife, CIC liked the fact that I went to see her often since it makes our relationship look legit. But I'm sure all that travel hurts my citizenship application.

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
@ Allyp.
well met the judge last week havnt heard anything till now.
questions on your residency and your activities and more ties with canada.
t4's,bank details,creditcard details.
i dont know how long does it take to see update online.

lets hope for the best,ill let you know guys.

wish me luck..!!!

allyp

Mar 15, 2013
Hi Ali

All the best. Hope you get an reply soon from them for the oath.

regards

mirmukaramali said:
@ Allyp.
well met the judge last week havnt heard anything till now.
questions on your residency and your activities and more ties with canada.
t4's,bank details,creditcard details.
i dont know how long does it take to see update online.

lets hope for the best,ill let you know guys.

wish me luck..!!!

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
IcogitoErgoSum said:
Does anyone know what the waiting time for RC processing is in Montreal. Got mine in May 2013, submitted in June 2013.
RC???

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I've read people getting an RQ at various times. Some people get it early and before the file is transferred. Others get it after transfer, but before the test. Some get it during the day of the test. And some even afterwards. Is there any reasoning behind when you get it? Like basically if you get it after the test, it means they decided to question your residency based on your interview where as if you get it say very early, it is the people looking at your documentation in Nova Scotia who decided to question your residency?

I feel I have a decent risk of getting an RQ (many short visits to the US to see family and long distance relationship with now wife). So far I haven't gotten it. I have a test scheduled on Nov 30. I know they can still give it to me any time before, during and after that test date. But I'm curious why some people get it during different phases of the process.

Thanks

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keesio said:
I've read people getting an RQ at various times. Some people get it early and before the file is transferred. Others get it after transfer, but before the test. Some get it during the day of the test. And some even afterwards. Is there any reasoning behind when you get it? Like basically if you get it after the test, it means they decided to question your residency based on your interview where as if you get it say very early, it is the people looking at your documentation in Nova Scotia who decided to question your residency?

I feel I have a decent risk of getting an RQ (many short visits to the US to see family and long distance relationship with now wife). So far I haven't gotten it. I have a test scheduled on Nov 30. I know they can still give it to me any time before, during and after that test date. But I'm curious why some people get it during different phases of the process.

Thanks
OB407 back in May 2012 put the spotlight on RQ issuance. This OB was to standardize processing of applications across Local Offices which more or less handled the whole process other than initial review for completeness done at Sidney. The Local Offices had some different approaches to processing which made some places easier to get through the process and others difficult. Hence pre OB407 most RQs were issued at or post test. An RQ Triage was introduced and Sidney took over reviewing not just completeness but the triage. A key reason too for the OB in addition to standardization was the 'discovery' of citizenship and PR residence fraud rings in Montreal and Mississauga (hence why the St Clair Office is RQ ground zero).

Most applicants post May 2012 will get a Pre-Test RQ which next to no RQ is better than an at test RQ which in turn is better than a post test RQ (even worse is an RQ by the Judge).

If Sidney are doing their job right then those meeting the triage criteria will get a Pre-Test RQ. However if at interview the CIC officer has concerns e.g. additional travel stamps indicating undeclared travel/absences then he/she might decide to RQ you. Other posters have received RQs when CIC notice a recent entry stamp into Canada when appearing for the test/ at oath especially if you left Canada soon after applying and appear to be living abroad - this is unwarranted as its post 1095 days application but CIC can and do issue RQs for this.

There was a poster on the forum who during the test was in a group of applicants that CIC run out of time for the session and they decided to RQ anyone not interviewed.

There was also a poster who passed their test was given an oath date then informed CIC they would be on vacation on the said date. CIC said they would send him a new oath date and either prior to or after returning from vacation he found an RQ in his mail box. Last I recall he stated he was withdrawing his application on a point of principle and was going to the US.

If you suspect you will get an RQ its best to have your documents ready to mail off when the RQ gets to you. On a 'positive' note Pre-Test RQs at the faster processing offices e.g Mississauga, Vancouver appear to add about 6 months to the processing time. This means you could be RQd and still get to oath before someone in Montreal or the Prairies who is not RQd.