+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RESIDENCE QUESTIONNAIRE

canmanottawa

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
hey guys
when you recived your RQ.. did CIC A ask documents since you arrived to canada? or 4 years before the application date? please share

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canmanottawa said:
lol I am posting to every group to collect as much answers as I can so i have a clear idea

sorry about that
we all have answered your questions. Did you even have RQ?
you should submit what they asked for. In this case, 4 YEARS

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I remember answering this same question from you in May 2013 forum topic and as far as I remember you didn't get a RQ yet. So, stop asking the same question again and again, please. There are lots of discussions on different topics in this forum. Utilize the "search" feature and start reading page by page. Good luck.

canmanottawa said:
hey guys
when you recived your RQ.. did CIC A ask documents since you arrived to canada? or 4 years before the application date? please share

canmanottawa

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Thanks buddy I like to ask to different members here as it seems there differences between members about the period that RQ covers from month to month

Anyway good luck to you too

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you go through the website [http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/] that I provided to you earlier? The actual RQ forms are there. You can find answers to all your questions over there. By the way, how do you know that you will get RQ for sure?

canmanottawa said:
Thanks buddy I like to ask to different members here as it seems there differences between members about the period that RQ covers from month to month

Anyway good luck to you too

canmanottawa

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Thanks you for your patience with me and i appreciate your time to reply to my questions.. I actually dont know if i will get RQ but careful observation here shows majority got RQ ... The reason I am asking about RQ on every thread is that I am eligible to apply this month but the catch is the first 10 month ( Jan 2010 till Oct 2010... I dont have a lease agreement with a landlord I was subtenant, however I have a letter from the guy who was renting the place stating i lived there and paid rent for all that time with his signature, name and cell number( his phone changed and I am unable to contact him) ... so i was just renting a room and used to pay cash.

So I am asking about RQ to know if it is only for 4 years... then I might appy in October this year so that address where I lived with no rental agreement will go out of calculation in case I got RQ ( and it is only asking for four years prior to my application date)

If the RQ will ask for dates SINCE ARRIVED TO CANADA then there is not point of waiting till October..

You know what I mean...?
If waiting till october will make me avoid any long delay because of that address I can wait ( though i dont really want that )

Again I really appreciate your time

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chandu007 said:
Did you go through the website [http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/] that I provided to you earlier? The actual RQ forms are there. You can find answers to all your questions over there. By the way, how do you know that you will get RQ for sure?
CIC has been issuing an updated RQ form CIT 0171 (10-2013) which is not on this website since about November.

Supposedly, it asks for less documents, i.e. not since arrival, but in a 4-year relevant period.

"It is exactly similar to the old version except needs information only in the relevant time window." (link)

"Yes, in all questions, it asks for the relevant time-window. At the beginning of the form, it says DO NOT send anything beyond the four years window." (link)

Because nobody has scanned and shared this form, it's impossible to verify exact updates since the previous version.

But looks like documents outside 4 years are not needed anymore. That info requires verification though.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Still looking for a copy of the new RQ (version 10-2013) to post on residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com. If anyone has it and can scan it or take a high resolution digital photo of each page, please get in contact with me. I can photoshop out any info or scribbles covering personal info.

couzin

Feb 7, 2010
Hello everyone;

I just sent my application this month, but i have a feeling that i m going to receive RQ, i make the mistake to send my driver licence just renewed 1 month ago.
i don't know the existence of this questionnaire and all those delays before i applied, i have no problem to provide all the documents for the last 4 years and prove that i was living in Canada 1095 day, but if i receive this RQ it will be a headache to provide documents since my arrival .

"Yes, in all questions, it asks for the relevant time-window. At the beginning of the form, it says DO NOT send anything beyond the four years window." (link)

What i don't understand, is that the CIT 0171 (2012) is NOT asking for documents from your arrival (information since the arrival: YES), except for the question 7, they are asking for all passports & travel documents since your arrival in Canada. (So nothing new on the CIT 0171 -2013)

My question for those how receive the new RQ; in question 7 are they asking for information & documents since the arrival or just for the 4 years before applying?

In question 10 are they asking for the 4 years or since the arrival?

Thanks
(sorry for my english)

diniga

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Hi couzin,

Don't worry about RQ for renewing your driver license, I think that the C1 trigger for RQ has been removed from RQ triggers.
I find this info on the website wordpress.

nakash

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
LANDED..........
<Waiting>
I have seen a lot of posts about RQ on here in many forum threads. People talking about receiving RQ after the test. However, isn't the RQ form part of the initial application anyway? I applied it June 2012 and my test is scheduled on January 20, 2014 in Saskatoon. When I applied, I sent the RQ form along with my application. Is this some different RQ that people are talking about on here? Pardon my ignorance.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nakash said:
I have seen a lot of posts about RQ on here in many forum threads. People talking about receiving RQ after the test. However, isn't the RQ form part of the initial application anyway? I applied it June 2012 and my test is scheduled on January 20, 2014 in Saskatoon. When I applied, I sent the RQ form along with my application. Is this some different RQ that people are talking about on here? Pardon my ignorance.
I'm curious about what you sent in because no, the RQ is not part of the initial application. The RQ is pretty memorable. It demands extensive documentation which you're not likely forget including:
Report the exact dates of every absence from Canada, including day trips to the US from their arrival date in Canada to the present.
Documentation to verify these absences.
Colour photocopies and official translations of all pages of all current and expired passports.
Colour photocopies and official translations of all current and expired visas.Official Records of Movement from any countries where one holds a passport.
Rental agreements with proof of rental payment
Mortgage or title documents
Property tax assessments
Municipal or school tax documents
Insurance policies
Marriage or divorce certificates
Children’s birth certificates
School transcripts or report cards
CRA Notices of Assessments
CRA T-4 statements, T-5 statements
Bank statements
Credit card statements
Corporate income tax documents
Incorporation and registration documents
Contracts, invoices and business bank statements
Letters from suppliers and purchasers
Logbooks and advertising contracts
Health records, immunization records for children
Proof of membership in religious or community organizations
Letters attesting to community service

So, um, I'd be pretty surprised if this is what you sent in with your initial application.
If you're interested in seeing a copy, check here: http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/092012-rq-form/

nakash

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
LANDED..........
<Waiting>
Sorry I meant the "How to calculate residence" CIT0407E form. So looks like RQ is something completely different (Thanks eileenf) and quite intimidating.

I have 3 trips abroad each 30 days or so between obtaining my PR and my Citizenship application date. Anybody has any idea if I am gonna get RQ for this? I have more than 1500 days of residence in Canada after my PR.