Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Msafiri - thank you for the excellent and detailed explanation! It makes me feel (slightly) better in the sense that I passed the first triage (Sydney) and while I can get RQ'd from the office in Mississauga during the interview and such, I can explain my case (it seems). My reasons for my many trips were for good reason being that I had to travel on business to represent my Canadian employer and also because I was in a long distance relationship with my now wife, who has successfully landed in Canada and is now a PR. Since CIC likes to see proof that the couple visited each other often during the relationship for spousal sponsorship applications, I hope they won't hold that against me for citizenship. I have also held a full time job with the same Canadian employer for 13 years and hope that letters or employment that I have been working full time for a Canadian employer in Canada strengthens my case. I plan on coming with documentation that supports all I mentioned. I hope that helps. I'm still worried about getting the RQ but at least I understand how it all works. Thanks a bunch!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The pre-test RQ is effectively now the bane of CIC Call Center agents because every applicant now wants to know when their file has been transferred to the Local Office as this is usually indicative that you got a pass on the RQ. The 'file transfer' used to be on ecas but CIC removed it which was self defeating since everyone now calls for this info. If CIC are reading the forum then someone better put 'lets have file transfer on ecas' in the suggestions box eh!

Full time employment eliminates the self employment/ unemployment criteria in the triage so statistically it reduces the chances of RQ but since CIC can RQ you for program integrity/ quality control thinking about this too much won't make the process any faster. You've done what you can and all you can do is hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
Msafiri said:
The pre-test RQ is effectively now the bane of CIC Call Center agents because every applicant now wants to know when their file has been transferred to the Local Office as this is usually indicative that you got a pass on the RQ. The 'file transfer' used to be on ecas but CIC removed it which was self defeating since everyone now calls for this info. If CIC are reading the forum then someone better put 'lets have file transfer on ecas' in the suggestions box eh!

Full time employment eliminates the self employment/ unemployment criteria in the triage so statistically it reduces the chances of RQ but since CIC can RQ you for program integrity/ quality control thinking about this too much won't make the process any faster. You've done what you can and all you can do is hope for the best but prepare for the worst.
Its been 2 weeks since i met judge hearing but no updates.
anyone know how long??????

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mirmukaramali said:
Its been 2 weeks since i met judge hearing but no updates.
anyone know how long??????
Judge has 60 days to decide...most appear to decide in a month so you may get communication in December.

ZYXWVU98

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
keesio, my case is very similar to yours. I had many business trips, I received RQ at the test. My application already lasted more than 25 months. not to discourage you, but you should prepare your mindset. don't expect you can explain out of this at the test because they won't listen to your explanations if they did decide to RQ you . this is already my 2nd RQ after withdrawing my 1st citizenship application (got the 1st RQ) because I don't have enough days at that time due to too frequent business trips. I only got enough days when I lost my jobs. the reason I lost my job is because I don't have Canadian citizenship as Canadian citizenship is the only thing can help me get a TN visa to travel to the US. I guess being out of job is better than having a job for Canadian citizenship purpose.

sonnyv6

Oct 1, 2013
Hi Sweetie,
My case is exactly the same as yours. I got the RQ on November 8th at the Mississauga Center. Our interview pretty smooth, the lady said the interview was great (we got 100% on the test) and were actually surprised to get the RQ. I was stoic and didnt bother to ask why she gave us the RQ. She did mention that its only a 5 page document and 1 small step before the oath & there was nothing to worry about (despite of us not asking). Hope we get out of this soon...but the blogs by other folks do not paint the same picture. One thing good is that, I have all supporting documentation & evidence of stay in Canada, which I percieve you do too. In all I made 7 day trips to US & 7 'more than one day, but less than 10' trips to various parts of the world.
But it is definitely frustrating...........Best of luck and keep posting your progress.

sweetie.sweet said:
Yes, I hope I will get out of RQ very soon. I am going to mail the supporting documents within thiss week or next week. The test in Glen Erin is very simple. Just read Discover Canada and please go there 30 minutes earlier than your test. They will let you in 15 minutes early and they will close the door. But the exam will start 10 min after the appointment time. They will allow you to write the exam in 30 min but you can be done in 15 to 20 minutes. May be earlier than that.

Pls dont forget to bring your driving license, PR card, health card and all your passports. I mean the expired one if you have. They want to see the stamp on your passport when you came and up to date one as well. And please bring the copy of your application form, other supporting documents that you attached when you apply. Dont know you will or will not need.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
ZYXWVU98 said:
keesio, my case is very similar to yours. I had many business trips, I received RQ at the test. My application already lasted more than 25 months. not to discourage you, but you should prepare your mindset. don't expect you can explain out of this at the test because they won't listen to your explanations if they did decide to RQ you . this is already my 2nd RQ after withdrawing my 1st citizenship application (got the 1st RQ) because I don't have enough days at that time due to too frequent business trips. I only got enough days when I lost my jobs. the reason I lost my job is because I don't have Canadian citizenship as Canadian citizenship is the only thing can help me get a TN visa to travel to the US. I guess being out of job is better than having a job for Canadian citizenship purpose.
yeah thanks for the heads up <sigh>. I'll have to be real about my expectations. Just need to focus on passing the test as that is the only thing I can really control. The other stuff... well whatever happens, happens...

sweetie.sweet

Nov 4, 2009
sonnyv6 said:
Hi Sweetie,
My case is exactly the same as yours. I got the RQ on November 8th at the Mississauga Center. Our interview pretty smooth, the lady said the interview was great (we got 100% on the test) and were actually surprised to get the RQ. I was stoic and didnt bother to ask why she gave us the RQ. She did mention that its only a 5 page document and 1 small step before the oath & there was nothing to worry about (despite of us not asking). Hope we get out of this soon...but the blogs by other folks do not paint the same picture. One thing good is that, I have all supporting documentation & evidence of stay in Canada, which I percieve you do too. In all I made 7 day trips to US & 7 'more than one day, but less than 10' trips to various parts of the world.
But it is definitely frustrating...........Best of luck and keep posting your progress.
Thank you for your update. I havent sent the documents which can support my RQ. I will do next week for sure. The officer who gave me RQ told the same. To bring this document to home, fill it up, mailed to the address that I went for the test. HOpe everything will go smooth soon.

toronto_dun

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
My wife and I just passed the test. Did not get RQ at or before the test, but I am really worried now - we live in the USA now because of my contract, and I was stupid enough to mention it to the interviewer. She asked if I had a green card and I said no. I stayed more than enough days before applying (but travelled a lot - vacations in different places), have a house in Canada where I live, and have a child born here (Canadian citizen) and lived here for almost 10 years, so I hope everything is ok. She made notes about my contract in the file, also noted that I have a house here and that my wife has a job in Canada. She found two stamps that were not mentioned in the form, but those were one-day trips to US for shopping/concerts, which are not counted as absences. When we asked about going for a vacation for new years, she said not to worry because it will be 2-3 months before oath anyway. Is that a bad sign? I'm fine with 2-3 months, or even more, but what I've been reading here about RQ timing is plain scary.

I am really worried about RQ because I never keep any papers except tax stuff. How likely is that I'm going to get RQ after the test?

aamer43

May 6, 2009
@ toronto_dun

you should be OK because if their would have been any doubt in her mind, she would have given you RQ at the time of interview.

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
toronto_dun said:
My wife and I just passed the test. Did not get RQ at or before the test, but I am really worried now - we live in the USA now because of my contract, and I was stupid enough to mention it to the interviewer. She asked if I had a green card and I said no. I stayed more than enough days before applying (but travelled a lot - vacations in different places), have a house in Canada where I live, and have a child born here (Canadian citizen) and lived here for almost 10 years, so I hope everything is ok. She made notes about my contract in the file, also noted that I have a house here and that my wife has a job in Canada. She found two stamps that were not mentioned in the form, but those were one-day trips to US for shopping/concerts, which are not counted as absences. When we asked about going for a vacation for new years, she said not to worry because it will be 2-3 months before oath anyway. Is that a bad sign? I'm fine with 2-3 months, or even more, but what I've been reading here about RQ timing is plain scary.

I am really worried about RQ because I never keep any papers except tax stuff. How likely is that I'm going to get RQ after the test?
I'll be very surprised if you don't get RQ. If you live in the US, that's almost automatic.

sweetie.sweet

Nov 4, 2009
sonnyv6 said:
Hi Sweetie,
Did you hear anything about your RQ? I did send all the supporting documents but nothing heard till today.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
The pre-test RQ is effectively now the bane of CIC Call Center agents because every applicant now wants to know when their file has been transferred to the Local Office as this is usually indicative that you got a pass on the RQ.
I got RQ request from local office. nothing yet. How can this be an indication of pass RQ?

sonnyv6

Oct 1, 2013
sweetie.sweet said:
Did you hear anything about your RQ? I did send all the supporting documents but nothing heard till today.
No, I have not heard anything from them either. I called in to check if they had received my documents & the agent said this type of "investigation" takes 1 year from start to finish. Therefore, I stopped thinking about it & will see what happens....

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nguyentu2001 said:
I got RQ request from local office. nothing yet. How can this be an indication of pass RQ?
You need to read my initial response to Keesio. I'm referring to post 0B407 applications effective May 2012 which introduced the File Template Analysis. This OB transferred the odds of getting an RQ to the pre Local Office transfer and by default pre-test stage. It doesn't mean that for whatever reason the Local Office doesn't issue RQs they still can - do you know why you got an RQ?