+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reschedule Online citizenship Test

Ac1dico

Star Member
May 16, 2021
So, I will be applying for my citizenship this year and then planning to go to europe to complete my degree from September which would take 8 months until my summer break when I can come back for the 4 month break and then have to go back for another 8 months to complete my degree. How should I go about telling ircc about this so that I get called for the test, oath and ceremony during my 4 month summer break?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
So, I will be applying for my citizenship this year and then planning to go to europe to complete my degree from September which would take 8 months until my summer break when I can come back for the 4 month break and then have to go back for another 8 months to complete my degree. How should I go about telling ircc about this so that I get called for the test, oath and ceremony during my 4 month summer break?
Test you can give outside Canada as its online. Whenever you get Oath invite come and give it in Canada. There is 21 day notice before the actual oath date. From Europe I think you should be able to manage that. You cannot ask IRCC to follow timeline based on your summer break.

Ac1dico

Star Member
May 16, 2021
Test you can give outside Canada as its online. Whenever you get Oath invite come and give it in Canada. There is 21 day notice before the actual oath date. From Europe I think you should be able to manage that. You cannot ask IRCC to follow timeline based on your summer break.
I'm pretty sure i read on their page that at the time of test i have to be physically present in canada whether it is online or in person.Before you take the test, they ask you if you are in canada or not even if you take it online.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure i read on their page that at the time of test i have to be physically present in canada whether it is online or in person.Before you take the test, they ask you if you are in canada or not even if you take it online.
First your test is scheduled which you see on the tracker and then you get an email "Notice to appear for online test" in which they provide you an email address to contact them if you want to take the test from Outside Canada. Once you email, you are allowed to take the test from Outside Canada. Currently there is no in-person test. Not sure the page you reading but its clearly mentioned on their page - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1571&top=5

Reactions: Ac1dico

Ac1dico

Star Member
May 16, 2021
First your test is scheduled which you see on the tracker and then you get an email "Notice to appear for online test" in which they provide you an email address to contact them if you want to take the test from Outside Canada. Once you email, you are allowed to take the test from Outside Canada. Currently there is no in-person test. Not sure the page you reading but its clearly mentioned on their page - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1571&top=5
Thank you so much for this info. I didn't know this was a possibility. Now I need to hope that they don't call me for the oath before my summer break. How long does it take to get an invitation for oath after the test?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thank you so much for this info. I didn't know this was a possibility. Now I need to hope that they don't call me for the oath before my summer break. How long does it take to get an invitation for oath after the test?
1-3-6 months. Rarely you get in 1 month. Most get in 3 months. But sadly some wait for 6+ months too.

felipeoxavier

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
Hi guys,

I just received my test invite (window for test is Jan 20 - Feb 9).
I am currently outside Canada, literally left last Saturday (Jan 14) and will be abroad for a while :(
I've been reading several people saying they took their test outside Canada and their application got very delayed, or they got invited for in person interview and were asked why they took the test outside Canada, or, after passing the test their application was put on hold until they returned to Canada. I am now concerned for my own application.
Did anyone here get their citizenship after taking the test outside Canada? Do they request an in person interview for everyone who does the test outside Canada?
Please share your experiences and any insight with me as I only have 48 hrs to email them if I want to take the test outside Canada. :(

Thanks!

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi guys,

I just received my test invite (window for test is Jan 20 - Feb 9).
I am currently outside Canada, literally left last Saturday (Jan 14) and will be abroad for a while :(
I've been reading several people saying they took their test outside Canada and their application got very delayed, or they got invited for in person interview and were asked why they took the test outside Canada, or, after passing the test their application was put on hold until they returned to Canada. I am now concerned for my own application.
Did anyone here get their citizenship after taking the test outside Canada? Do they request an in person interview for everyone who does the test outside Canada?
Please share your experiences and any insight with me as I only have 48 hrs to email them if I want to take the test outside Canada. :(

Thanks!
Hey what did you end up doing??

zen2x

Aug 30, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2016
I have been waiting for my test to be rescheduled. I missed the exam last July 2023 because it was sent in my spam folder. I sent them a message right away for my reschedule request but it's already 4 months now, I still do not have a message from them for my rescheduled exam... I am getting worried :( anyone who experienced the same thing? how long did you wait to get your rescheduled exam? thanks!

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I have been waiting for my test to be rescheduled. I missed the exam last July 2023 because it was sent in my spam folder. I sent them a message right away for my reschedule request but it's already 4 months now, I still do not have a message from them for my rescheduled exam... I am getting worried :( anyone who experienced the same thing? how long did you wait to get your rescheduled exam? thanks!
Have you sent emails or webforms??

zen2x

Aug 30, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2016
Have you sent emails or webforms??
yes. I did webforms numerous times, Emailed the office that sent me our invitation before (lost count how many times already), to no avail :( We are now on our 4th month waiting.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
yes. I did webforms numerous times, Emailed the office that sent me our invitation before (lost count how many times already), to no avail :( We are now on our 4th month waiting.
thats worrying now. Not sure whats wrong with them. we are in 2nd month of waiting to receive updates on rescheduling the test. Have you tried to call them??

zen2x

Aug 30, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2016
thats worrying now. Not sure whats wrong with them. we are in 2nd month of waiting to receive updates on rescheduling the test. Have you tried to call them??
yes, I did call them and I was able to reach them one time and they just acknowledged the receipt of my email that I missed the exam. but that's the only info they can give me. as to when they will be able to reschedule the exam, they have no idea. The person I talked to just said to watch for my emails and spam folder for any message from the IRCC office :( it's getting really frustrating :( I am still always trying to call but my call gets rejected because of the influx of inquiries they get.