+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reschedule Online citizenship Test

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Ottawa, sent 2 emails no reply yet first once been 5 days already, second 1 day.
I'm not sure why you didn't get an automatic email. I think it depends on the office. There is a change that the Ottawa office doesn't send out anything. As you can see in the message that I've received, it's very specific from the Calgary office. Below is the full message.

THIS IS AN AUTOMATIC REPLY.
PLEASE READ ENTIRE EMAIL FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS.

You have reached the cic-calgary-citizenship@cic.gc.ca inbox.

You will NOT receive a response to your enquiry via this email.
A decision/response to your request will be added to your file within 3 business days of receipt. At that time, you must contact the Client Support Centre for further information.

If you are submitting documents or additional information to our office, we will not confirm receipt of these documents unless further follow-up is required.

IMPORTANT: Please be sure to identify yourself when in contact with us, include your Name, Application Number and/or Client ID Number (UCI) in your email in order for our office to process your request accordingly. Any emails from the public without these details may experience delays, or their request will not be actioned.

Client Support Centre contact options :

· Web form
· Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
· Automated telephone service - available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
· Client Support Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4 pm (your local time) except for statutory holidays.

We assure you that the Calgary Citizenship team is working diligently to ensure all applications are processed on a first come first served basis. Due to the limitations caused by COVID-19 this past year, our processing times have increased, for this we are truly sorry and thank you for your patience.

NOTICE: in the interest of public safety, ALL in-person Citizenship Tests/Interviews, Appointments and Ceremonies have been cancelled until further notice.

Regards,

Calgary Citizenship Unit, Domestic Network
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Reactions: 3shiro

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
I've just sent an email to "cic-calgary-citizenship@cic.gc.ca" asking for a new date. Immediately after, I got the following automatic response. So, I'll try calling them next week to see if they updated my file and if they have set a new date range for the exam. Have you got any response yet?

THIS IS AN AUTOMATIC REPLY.
PLEASE READ ENTIRE EMAIL FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS.

You have reached the cic-calgary-citizenship@cic.gc.ca inbox.

You will NOT receive a response to your enquiry via this email. A decision/response to your request will be added to your file within 3 business days of receipt. At that time, you must contact the Client Support Centre for further information.

If you are submitting documents or additional information to our office, we will not confirm receipt of these documents unless further follow-up is required.

IMPORTANT: Please be sure to identify yourself when in contact with us, include your Name, Application Number and/or Client ID Number (UCI) in your email in order for our office to process your request accordingly. Any emails from the public without these details may experience delays, or their request will not be actioned.

Client Support Centre contact options :

· Web form
· Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
· Automated telephone service - available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
· Client Support Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4 pm (your local time) except for statutory holidays.

We assure you that the Calgary Citizenship team is working diligently to ensure all applications are processed on a first come first served basis. Due to the limitations caused by COVID-19 this past year, our processing times have increased, for this we are truly sorry and thank you for your patience.

NOTICE: in the interest of public safety, ALL in-person Citizenship Tests/Interviews, Appointments and Ceremonies have been cancelled until further notice.

Regards,

Calgary Citizenship Unit, Domestic Network
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

The Calgary office has just replied to my email where I've asked for a test reschedule. It took them four hours to reply to my email. It was much quicker than I expected, but they didn't answer everything I asked. Below are my questions and their response.

Since the response is a little vague, it sounds like the new date can be any time after Mid-August 2021. Will it be in August, September, December? It is not clear to me.

My question to them:
Please, would it be possible to reschedule my online citizenship exam for Mid-August 2021? My plan is to be back in Canada by then.
2. In case Mid-August 2021 is not available, please would you let me know, approximately, what the next available date is? Therefore, I can properly plan my return to Canada.
3. If, for any reason, I need to reschedule the online citizenship test one more time, would that be possible? I am not planning on rescheduling it again, but given the current uncertainties, I would like to know the available options.

Their response:
Hello,
Thank you for your Email
You will be rescheduled after Mid-August when you return back to Canada.
Kind Regards,
IRCC

3shiro

Star Member
May 22, 2020
The Calgary office has just replied to my email where I've asked for a test reschedule. It took them four hours to reply to my email. It was much quicker than I expected, but they didn't answer everything I asked. Below are my questions and their response.

Since the response is a little vague, it sounds like the new date can be any time after Mid-August 2021. Will it be in August, September, December? It is not clear to me.

My question to them:
Please, would it be possible to reschedule my online citizenship exam for Mid-August 2021? My plan is to be back in Canada by then.
2. In case Mid-August 2021 is not available, please would you let me know, approximately, what the next available date is? Therefore, I can properly plan my return to Canada.
3. If, for any reason, I need to reschedule the online citizenship test one more time, would that be possible? I am not planning on rescheduling it again, but given the current uncertainties, I would like to know the available options.

Their response:
Hello,
Thank you for your Email
You will be rescheduled after Mid-August when you return back to Canada.
Kind Regards,
IRCC
Nice they are really fast!

This is the email i sent to which is in the attached pdf.

Contact IRCC within the 30 days from the test start date with a reasonable explanation for not attending or not completing the test. You can contact the IRCC office by emailing CIC-OTTAWA-CITIZENSH@cic.gc.ca.

Also, in another post someone else said the same thing he wanted them to reschedule his test after 2 months because he was travelling and will return after 2 months, specifically after April, 2021, and he said they did give him another test after 2 months which is after April, 2021.

Reactions: andrews.juchem

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Nice they are really fast!

This is the email i sent to which is in the attached pdf.

Contact IRCC within the 30 days from the test start date with a reasonable explanation for not attending or not completing the test. You can contact the IRCC office by emailing CIC-OTTAWA-CITIZENSH@cic.gc.ca.

Also, in another post someone else said the same thing he wanted them to reschedule his test after 2 months because he was travelling and will return after 2 months, specifically after April, 2021, and he said they did give him another test after 2 months which is after April, 2021.
Yes, I also got the email from the PDF file attached to the email. It sounds like each office has its own procedures.

For this person that got the test rescheduled, do you know if the new test was like just a few days after two months or a long time after? If they schedule my exam in August 2021, it will be great. Now, if I need to wait until December to get a new date, then it's too bad.

3shiro

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Yes, I also got the email from the PDF file attached to the email. It sounds like each office has its own procedures.

For this person that got the test rescheduled, do you know if the new test was like just a few days after two months or a long time after? If they schedule my exam in August 2021, it will be great. Now, if I need to wait until December to get a new date, then it's too bad.
This is his post. I guess you can ask him.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/online-citizenship-test.711775/page-100#post-9463036

Reactions: andrews.juchem

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
I asked him in that thread. He sent an email to IRCC saying that he was going to be back in Canada by the end of April 2021, and he got the second test invitation from IRCC around Mid-May 2021. It means that the new date was sent to him two weeks after his suggested/desired date. I hope that will be the case for me.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/online-citizenship-test.711775/post-9468833

When you hear something back from IRCC, please share your experience.

Durgesh_jpr

Oct 29, 2014
Hi Folks,

I received my online citizenship test invite. I am in Canada for the test duration provided, so no issue to give the test. But i am in a situation where i need to travel India because of some personal commitments just after citizenship test for couple of weeks. So i am confused what should i do, should i request for reschedule citizenship test OR should i just give the test and reschedule the oath ceremony if received invitation before i return back to Canada. few question i have are:
1. Can i travel outside Canada after Citizenship test and before oath ceremony?
2. Can i reschedule the oath ceremony with the reason of pre-planned travel if it comes before i travel?
3. Can i reschedule the oath ceremony if i am not in Canada ?
4. What would be the better option in my situation Rescheduling the citizenship test OR give the citizenship test and reschedule oath ceremony?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Folks,

I received my online citizenship test invite. I am in Canada for the test duration provided, so no issue to give the test. But i am in a situation where i need to travel India because of some personal commitments just after citizenship test for couple of weeks. So i am confused what should i do, should i request for reschedule citizenship test OR should i just give the test and reschedule the oath ceremony if received invitation before i return back to Canada. few question i have are:
1. Can i travel outside Canada after Citizenship test and before oath ceremony?

Yes

2. Can i reschedule the oath ceremony with the reason of pre-planned travel if it comes before i travel?

I don't see why you cannot.

3. Can i reschedule the oath ceremony if i am not in Canada ?

Yes

4. What would be the better option in my situation Rescheduling the citizenship test OR give the citizenship test and reschedule oath ceremony?

Rescheduling the citizenship ceremony would be better IMO. Take the test and finish this process off. Further processing of your application will continue and might take time anyway. Unless you are a 2019 applicant, it might take 3 - 5 months or more from the date of test (or interview, if you get one) to receive a date for the citizenship ceremony.

Also, you have to be aware that you might be invited for an interview after the test. You can't attend the interview if you are outside Canada (though the interview is done online over MS teams).

Durgesh_jpr

Oct 29, 2014
Thanks for your reply. I am Oct 2019 applicant. I assume based on whomever i discussed that it usually takes 1-2 months to get oath ceremony, So i believe it will be good to given test and reschedule oath ceremony (if it comes earlier) will be the best option - which you also suggested.
Just in case if they didn't find the reason for reschedule request reasonable and abandoned/cancel the citizenship application, will my PR status still holds good? will i be eligible to apply Citizenship again? any idea?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks for your reply. I am Oct 2019 applicant. I assume based on whomever i discussed that it usually takes 1-2 months to get oath ceremony, So i believe it will be good to given test and reschedule oath ceremony (if it comes earlier) will be the best option - which you also suggested.
Just in case if they didn't find the reason for reschedule request reasonable and abandoned/cancel the citizenship application, will my PR status still holds good? will i be eligible to apply Citizenship again? any idea?
Yes. Your PR status will not be affected as a result of rejection or abandonment of your citizenship application as long as you still meet the residency obligations of PR.

It is likely that the request to re-schedule will be granted. I have seen quite a few people reschedule the test (but I don't recall anyone rescheduling oath). However, given the grim situation now with travel restrictions, it is likely that IRCC will be inclined to re-schedule your oath (to a later date that is comfortable for them) without problems.

Reactions: Durgesh_jpr

Bbbjjjhhh

Dec 11, 2017
Guys, my wife got a phone call from IRCC today saying that there is no photo taken during the test and her test results is INVALID. anybody in a similar boat?
Hi ,

Can you please advise after first test INVALID, how long it takes for second test to get schedule ? and which location you will belong too ?really appreciate you help. as i am in same situation.

Bbbjjjhhh

Dec 11, 2017
I got retest for unknown reasons. In the second invite it says test was not recorded either technical issue or photo I’d not provide. We have provided photo id. I believe it Is because of technical issues.
Did your wife forgot to take photo or photo did not recorded
Can you please advise after first test INVALID, how long it takes for second test to get schedule ? and which location you will belong too ?really appreciate you help. as i am in same situation.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi ,

How do you know if its invalid? Did you get email or call?
If so then they are scheduling it within few weeks.