Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
AOR Received.
PER: 14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
im in same situation. wife got invite and we are not in Canada. we have a 3 month old and for her to go with the baby in this situation is risky as well difficult

xceptional88

Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
AOR Received.
PER: 14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
anyone has any opinions? have tried rescheduling and how long it takes. i sent email to confirm how long will it be and they didnt respond yet

SBM123

May 5, 2021
anyone has any opinions? have tried rescheduling and how long it takes. i sent email to confirm how long will it be and they didnt respond yet
Hi,

Did you hear back? I went to take the test last night and saw that they require that I be in Canada. I'm currently not in the country and sent them an email. I'm concerned it might take a long time to hear back.

mhd10

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
Hi Folks,

I have got an email to take Online Citizenship Tests. However, currently, I'm out of the country and back only by March to Canada. Even though tests can be taken Online, the below link says I have to physically present in Canada. Any advice on what should i do? Simply request for rescheduling stating I'm currently out of the country or try and take the test?

Any downside to requesting rescheduling besides timeline change?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/tutorial.html
Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Just wondering if you received a new date after cancelling the test. I am in the same situation as you and trying to figure out how long is the wait period if i end up rescheduling.

Thank you in advance.

mhd10

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
I got retest for unknown reasons. In the second invite it says test was not recorded either technical issue or photo I’d not provide. We have provided photo id. I believe it Is because of technical issues.
Did your wife forgot to take photo or photo did not recorded
Hello,

How long after the first test you got the retest invite was it within the same week?

lecrandall

May 15, 2021
Hi I just received an invitation for my knowledge test on citizenship and apparently I am not ready to take the exam because I have to prepare on my driving exam in the next few weeks and also my mom and I are going to move into our new apartment which is in the last day of exam. I am also not ready for the knowledge test because I haven't studied that much yet and needed a little bit more time. I emailed them right after I received the invitation will they be able to approved my request and reschedule me on the next batch?

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Hi I just received an invitation for my knowledge test on citizenship and apparently I am not ready to take the exam because I have to prepare on my driving exam in the next few weeks and also my mom and I are going to move into our new apartment which is in the last day of exam. I am also not ready for the knowledge test because I haven't studied that much yet and needed a little bit more time. I emailed them right after I received the invitation will they be able to approved my request and reschedule me on the next batch?
It’s just my personal opinion as a friendly advice. Do your best to take the test. Rescheduling the test can/might make the path to your oath ceremony far longer. There are people who have been waiting for a new date for their test for months. Most of them decided to reschedule it, because they were not in Canada and were not able to come back to Canada for the test. If you are in Canada, do your best to take the test. Do not lose this opportunity. Studying for it is not that hard. Have a plan. What’s the worst case scenario? You might fail the test. Right? Then, you should reschedule it, which is what you’re trying to do at step 0.

Again, that’s just a friendly advice. I’m completely aware of the fact that people’s circumstances and situations are different from each other.

If you still want to reschedule the test, here is the guide:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=786&top=5

Good luck!

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Hi members,

I'm on the same boat as some of you.

I checked the status of my application today on the IRCC website and there is an update from Friday (Jun 4, 2021) asking me to take the online exam between June 14, 2021, and July 5, 2021. However, I'm not physically in Canada and will probably be back only in September/October. I can't go back in time to take the test, so I have to reschedule it.

I haven't contacted them because I'm still waiting for the email giving me the instructions. I don't know which office that I need to contact yet. According to https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/april-2020-citizenship-applicants.683945/post-9457021, I will receive an email with instructions 3 - 4 days before the June 14th. At this point, I'm waiting for the email so I can ask them to reschedule it.

Has anyone rescheduled the test recently? Please could you share your experience?

Thank you.

SBM123

May 5, 2021
Hi members,

I'm on the same boat as some of you.

I checked the status of my application today on the IRCC website and there is an update from Friday (Jun 4, 2021) asking me to take the online exam between June 14, 2021, and July 5, 2021. However, I'm not physically in Canada and will probably be back only in September/October. I can't go back in time to take the test, so I have to reschedule it.

I haven't contacted them because I'm still waiting for the email giving me the instructions. I don't know which office that I need to contact yet. According to https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/april-2020-citizenship-applicants.683945/post-9457021, I will receive an email with instructions 3 - 4 days before the June 14th. At this point, I'm waiting for the email so I can ask them to reschedule it.

Has anyone rescheduled the test recently? Please could you share your experience?

Thank you.
I am also outside the country. I emailed them letting them know I couldn't be in the country for the test dates. I emailed them at the email that they mention when they contact you regarding your test. I let them know that I could travel to the country in July to take the test and they were OK with that. Response time took about 5-8 business days.

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
I am also outside the country. I emailed them letting them know I couldn't be in the country for the test dates. I emailed them at the email that they mention when they contact you regarding your test. I let them know that I could travel to the country in July to take the test and they were OK with that. Response time took about 5-8 business days.
Nice to hear that it didn't take long to get a response from them. But, when they replied to you, did they give you a new date range to take the test? Or did they say that they will send new dates later?

SBM123

May 5, 2021
Nice to hear that it didn't take long to get a response from them. But, when they replied to you, did they give you a new date range to take the test? Or did they say that they will send new dates later?
They said they would send the new dates later. I am thinking they will send them sometime before July.

Reactions: andrews.juchem

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
They said they would send the new dates later. I am thinking they will send them sometime before July.
I've just sent an email to "cic-calgary-citizenship@cic.gc.ca" asking for a new date. Immediately after, I got the following automatic response. So, I'll try calling them next week to see if they updated my file and if they have set a new date range for the exam. Have you got any response yet?

THIS IS AN AUTOMATIC REPLY.
PLEASE READ ENTIRE EMAIL FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS.

You have reached the cic-calgary-citizenship@cic.gc.ca inbox.

You will NOT receive a response to your enquiry via this email.
A decision/response to your request will be added to your file within 3 business days of receipt. At that time, you must contact the Client Support Centre for further information.

If you are submitting documents or additional information to our office, we will not confirm receipt of these documents unless further follow-up is required.

IMPORTANT: Please be sure to identify yourself when in contact with us, include your Name, Application Number and/or Client ID Number (UCI) in your email in order for our office to process your request accordingly. Any emails from the public without these details may experience delays, or their request will not be actioned.

Client Support Centre contact options :

· Web form
· Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
· Automated telephone service - available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
· Client Support Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4 pm (your local time) except for statutory holidays.

We assure you that the Calgary Citizenship team is working diligently to ensure all applications are processed on a first come first served basis. Due to the limitations caused by COVID-19 this past year, our processing times have increased, for this we are truly sorry and thank you for your patience.

NOTICE: in the interest of public safety, ALL in-person Citizenship Tests/Interviews, Appointments and Ceremonies have been cancelled until further notice.

Regards,

Calgary Citizenship Unit, Domestic Network
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Last edited:

3shiro

Star Member
May 22, 2020
I've just sent an email to "cic-calgary-citizenship@cic.gc.ca" asking for a new date. Immediately after, I got the following automatic response. So, I'll try calling them next week to see if they updated my file and if they have set a new date range for the exam. Have you got any response yet?

THIS IS AN AUTOMATIC REPLY.
PLEASE READ ENTIRE EMAIL FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS.

You have reached the cic-calgary-citizenship@cic.gc.ca inbox.

You will NOT receive a response to your enquiry via this email.
A decision/response to your request will be added to your file within 3 business days of receipt. At that time, you must contact the Client Support Centre for further information.

If you are submitting documents or additional information to our office, we will not confirm receipt of these documents unless further follow-up is required.

IMPORTANT: Please be sure to identify yourself when in contact with us, include your Name, Application Number and/or Client ID Number (UCI) in your email in order for our office to process your request accordingly. Any emails from the public without these details may experience delays, or their request will not be actioned.
I sent an email, but didn't recieve automatic email from them or acknowledge of receipt, is that normal or should I send another email?