+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reschedule Online citizenship Test

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
Hi,

I understand this is a very stressful situation. Definitely once you request rescheduling of your citizenship test there will be a lot of wait. If you can postpone your work in India that will probably create the best possible situation for you so you can fly back to take your test and oath in Canada.

If you can’t fly back then you SHOULD NOT risk taking the test outside Canada just because the possible consequences are so severe. Firstly, the IP will be recorded and it will tell that you took test outside Canada. Even if you mask your IP you are still going to enter Canada and face immigration. Biggest risk: Taking test and oath outside Canada is technically a misrepresentation (fraud) in the application process which can even become a ground for revocation of citizenship!

I know that the moment you take oath for another citizenship your Indian citizenship is terminated as India does not allow dual citizenship. You have upto 3 years to properly renounce Indian citizenship and you just get 3 months grace period to use Indian passport (Please double check BLS Canada website to double check this because this information is just based on my knowledge and things change so please confirm).

Last edited:
Reactions: rvche

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
@

Yes I just read the terms again taking the test outside Canada is out of question now. Do you know if anyone rescheduled the online test recently? Also they mention about extension i am not sure if they extend the date beyond the 21 days or it will be a new schedule all together.
I heard from transport canada that the new hotel quarentine rule is not yet in effect and all they say it will be implemented soon.

Any case i will make a decision by today so that if i decide to reschedule i can send them the email soon.

No I dont know anyone who requested reschedule.

All the best with your decision. Do let us know what you decided ;)

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I know that the moment you take oath for another citizenship your Indian citizenship is terminated as India does not allow dual citizenship. You have upto 3 years to properly renounce Indian citizenship and you just get 3 months grace period to use Indian passport (Please double check BLS Canada website to double check this because this information is just based on my knowledge and things change so please confirm).
Wrong. There is no automatic termination of Indian citizenship. You would loose the citizenship only after you request for surrendering it.
There is no 3 year timeline too. Less penalty if surrendered within 3 years, if not its more penalty but still allowed to surrender after 3 years.

Reactions: BOYX and 116sg17

saiphanendra

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
Wrong. There is no automatic termination of Indian citizenship. You would loose the citizenship only after you request for surrendering it.
There is no 3 year timeline too. Less penalty if surrendered within 3 years, if not its more penalty but still allowed to surrender after 3 years.
Can we surrender the indian passport when we go to India(say a vacation). Or it has to done from Canada. Any idea.

Last edited:

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
@adey786 thanks for your inputs, yes i agree with you , i wanted to complete the test, oath and get a Canada passport before i travel back to home again. But i need to complete few things before i leave from India now, not an emergency but very important n may take 2 months. I wanted to know @Gokulcanada experience n decide based on it.
My timeline
Applied - 7 Oct 2019
In Process update - 20 Jan 2020
Online test invite - 28 Jan 2021
Test date from 1 Feb till 21 Feb 2021

Hope you have made a decision! Let us know what it is.

Here is a post from another user, Toronto, Scarborough office. It was posted yesterday. I always believed that requesting a test reschedule can turn out to be a nightmare.

"April 2018 applicant here...Received my first invite to test in November 2019 but couldn't make it because I was out of the country. Asked them to reschedule immediately and received no response ever since. Has anyone received the online invite from Scarborough? I think I'm really screwed over, if the criminal check expires in a year, wouldn't they have to re-do it for me?"

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Hope you have made a decision! Let us know what it is.

Here is a post from another user, Toronto, Scarborough office. It was posted yesterday. I always believed that requesting a test reschedule can turn out to be a nightmare.

"April 2018 applicant here...Received my first invite to test in November 2019 but couldn't make it because I was out of the country. Asked them to reschedule immediately and received no response ever since. Has anyone received the online invite from Scarborough? I think I'm really screwed over, if the criminal check expires in a year, wouldn't they have to re-do it for me?"
Yeah this drills the point straight home lol.

I will literally do anything in my power to take the test and get over it. This dude had to wait for over a year (and counting) for their rescheduled test. With the pandemic backlog, I reckon anyone rescheduling now will easily wait over 2-3 years. And it's not like you can cancel and reapply like the PR card application - they still factor in the process from the previous application so back in the pile you go.

I don't know about you folks but I would give the test even on my deathbed. Or else IRCC will continue to haunt me in my next life!

rvche

Jul 19, 2016
@adey786 , i have weighed my options here , going back to Canada next week to complete my test and hopefully get my ceremony done soon so i can travel back in few months. Going to risk the hotel quarantine policy hope they don't implement it.
I also hope to get my passport and indian oci soon so i can come back in 3-4 months if everything works quick after the test.

FlyingLion

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
@adey786 , i have weighed my options here , going back to Canada next week to complete my test and hopefully get my ceremony done soon so i can travel back in few months. Going to risk the hotel quarantine policy hope they don't implement it.
I also hope to get my passport and indian oci soon so i can come back in 3-4 months if everything works quick after the test.
Very wise decision !

Reactions: BOYX and rvche

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Was watching this and I was hoping you'd make this decision.

Good luck!

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Loved it ! Wonderful and Godspeed to you mate.

Trust me, when you look in rear mirror few months down the line, you would pat yourself for making this decision!

Safe travels. All the very best.

Reactions: BOYX and rvche

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
A very smart decision! Godspeed and hopefully you speed through the test & oath.

Good luck mate!

M1012o

Jan 22, 2021
Hi guys,

Anyone in this forum whos first test on 18th march 2020 got cancelled due to covid 19 and got an invitation to take online test. Any feedback will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
Guys, my wife got a phone call from IRCC today saying that there is no photo taken during the test and her test results is INVALID. anybody in a similar boat?

saiphanendra

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
Guys, my wife got a phone call from IRCC today saying that there is no photo taken during the test and her test results is INVALID. anybody in a similar boat?
I got retest for unknown reasons. In the second invite it says test was not recorded either technical issue or photo I’d not provide. We have provided photo id. I believe it Is because of technical issues.
Did your wife forgot to take photo or photo did not recorded