+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request new photographs for PR Card after landing - add your case here

ds.pete

Jan 22, 2018
Just thought I'd add my experiences with new photo requests. About two months after landing, I got a message in my CIC account stating that my photos (taken at a local Walgreens in Boston) had been rejected, and I needed to send two new ones within 30 days. The reasons for rejection were not given.

After consulting with a local photographer who specialized in Canadian photos (Albert's photo studio in Waltham, MA), I found out that I made the mistake of wearing a white shirt (with light blue stripes) in the photo. These tend to blend with the white background and usually get rejected. So I took a new photograph at that new location with a back jacket on. The person guaranteed that it would work this time, as she had done hundreds of photos for Canadian PR card and passports (and it worked!!!!).

My second concern was, would CIC accept photos mailed from outside Canada, i.e. Boston? Would they have an issue mailing it to a Canadian address while I was away? Only one way to find out => I mailed it directly from my US address. Turns out they couldn't care any less about where the new photos are mailed from.

My third concern, would my PR card application be pushed back to the end of the wait list, i.e. another 60 days of waiting? No. The new photos were processed about 2 weeks after their receipt and my PR card was mailed within a month after the request.

Hope this helps clarify some concerns.

echohsl

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
I landed in the first week of January 2018 and applied for pr card on 7th Jan, got photo request on 22 feb and sent photos then got photo request again on 24 april and sent photos and now again i got photo request on 29 May.

What is the issue there at processing center ?
How can i contact them ?
OMG! Did your application eventually get approved? Where did you take your photo?

sm43226

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Hello,

I have not received my PR card yet .2 months after my landing I got new photograph request and I resubmitted them immediately and it has been more than a month and more than 3 months in total and I haven't received the PR card yet. Can please anyone tell me how long will it take after sending the requested photos?

Last edited:

inirschennai

Oct 3, 2017
Sacramento, CA, USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
Med's Done....
29-09-2017
Hello,

I landed on Aug 17, 2018 with my wife and I, and 2 kids. I have already received the PR cards in the mail for my wife and daughter. On October 3, I received an email to send new photos for my son and I, which I acted on immediately and the new photos got delivered to the Canada PO Box address on Oct 15. Since then, I have been waiting, and there hasn't been any activity. Last Monday (October 19), I called CIC and they said they were looking at photos received until October 12, so the rep said they should be getting to my photos soon enough. It has been 7 business days since then and nothing yet. I am planning to call CIC again this coming Monday (December 3), to see if they have my package or not.

My concern is if the package wasn't received (I only have my USPS tracker at my end for proof of delivery) or misplaced, my PR application will be canceled (per the verbiage on the photo request letter) and I have to apply for it with fees. I will keep this thread posted.

Regards,
Srini.

LOOKATAMI

May 17, 2018
Hello,
Does anyone know how to call cic customer care (+1-888-242-2100) from USA. When I try and call this number, call doesn't connect and I get back a recorded audio saying "Your call cannot be completed as dialed".

Am I not dialing the right number? Could someone please suggest.

inirschennai

Oct 3, 2017
Sacramento, CA, USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
Med's Done....
29-09-2017
Hello,

I landed on Aug 17, 2018 with my wife and I, and 2 kids. I have already received the PR cards in the mail for my wife and daughter. On October 3, I received an email to send new photos for my son and I, which I acted on immediately and the new photos got delivered to the Canada PO Box address on Oct 15. Since then, I have been waiting, and there hasn't been any activity. Last Monday (October 19), I called CIC and they said they were looking at photos received until October 12, so the rep said they should be getting to my photos soon enough. It has been 7 business days since then and nothing yet. I am planning to call CIC again this coming Monday (December 3), to see if they have my package or not.

My concern is if the package wasn't received (I only have my USPS tracker at my end for proof of delivery) or misplaced, my PR application will be canceled (per the verbiage on the photo request letter) and I have to apply for it with fees. I will keep this thread posted.

Regards,
Srini.
So, I see a profile update status on both of our applications. I am thinking that this means our package was opened. I am also hoping that they find the photos acceptable and send us our PR cards within a few weeks.

Regards,
Srini.

echohsl

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Can anyone update the time line for photo-retake. My photo was resent and received on Nov 13. No updates since then.

sm43226

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
So, I see a profile update status on both of our applications. I am thinking that this means our package was opened. I am also hoping that they find the photos acceptable and send us our PR cards within a few weeks.

Regards,
Srini.
I am in the same boat. Even I resent the photos on Oct 11 and delivered on Oct 15th. Please let me know when you receive an update.

linuxsh

Dec 4, 2018
I am in the same boat. Even I resent the photos on Oct 11 and delivered on Oct 15th. Please let me know when you receive an update.
My timeline is about the same and I also got the profile updated on my application. Just sent an webform to CIC and they replied saying that my PR card was approved! So it might be the same for you. My profile is still showing "submitted" on the website.

sm43226

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
My timeline is about the same and I also got the profile updated on my application. Just sent an webform to CIC and they replied saying that my PR card was approved! So it might be the same for you. My profile is still showing "submitted" on the website.
Yeah. Even I sent an webform to CIC and the got the same reply. But its been a week already and NO UPDATE still

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
Can anyone please tell me. For kids photo request, to whom do they address the post is it on kid's name or primary applicant?

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
Hello,

Regards,
Srini.
Hey can you plz tell me the letter that sent you for photo request of your son, was envelope addressed to you or it was addressed to your son's name?