+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request new photographs for PR Card after landing - add your case here

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hey guys,
Anybody knows on which submission dates IRCC is working for PR card photo resubmission? Last time 12 December2018, they told me they were working on all retaken photos received before 12 Oct 2018.
Many thanks

Sami daga

May 2, 2018
My photo Resubmission was delivered on November 26 And I sent web forum inquiry they told there was again Photo Resubmission on December 24 , I guess information at call center is not updated .But Photo Resubmission cases are faster.

echohsl

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Hey guys,
Anybody knows on which submission dates IRCC is working for PR card photo resubmission? Last time 12 December2018, they told me they were working on all retaken photos received before 12 Oct 2018.
Many thanks
I saw someone inquired on Dec 12, and got reply on Dec 19 saying they were working on photo re-submission that were received by Oct 22. Not sure if this is the most updated answer.

echohsl

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
My photo Resubmission was delivered on November 26 And I sent web forum inquiry they told there was again Photo Resubmission on December 24 , I guess information at call center is not updated .But Photo Resubmission cases are faster.
they were working on Dec 24 case?

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
they were working on Dec 24 case?
Not possible, because my photos have been received by 5th of December 18, and so far no reaction by IRCC. Surely they're working on some date before 5th December 18.
Hope someone will update with any recent connection result by phone. I can't call from USA and all those numbers are not working unfortunately.

priyapesaru

Jan 10, 2019
Hey guys,
Many thanks
Hi,

I called them up on Jan 2nd , 3rd , 10th and they keep telling me they are working for photo resubmitted cases oct 22nd. I have resubmitted my photos on December 28th.

I am in India and now got stuck. Cant travel back and PRTD sucks. They ask for your Passport Original and processing time is indefinite in NEW DELHI.

I already changed my tickets twice and now in dilemma what to do.

Now totally devastated.... lost hope in everything .... Nobody gives any proper information on processing ....

Guys any help please.....

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi,

I called them up on Jan 2nd , 3rd , 10th and they keep telling me they are working for photo resubmitted cases oct 22nd. I have resubmitted my photos on December 28th.

I am in India and now got stuck. Cant travel back and PRTD sucks. They ask for your Passport Original and processing time is indefinite in NEW DELHI.

I already changed my tickets twice and now in dilemma what to do.

Now totally devastated.... lost hope in everything .... Nobody gives any proper information on processing ....

Guys any help please.....
Usually PRTD takes 20 days, did you apply for it?

kmartins

Dec 12, 2018
Yesterday CIC told me they are still processing photos received before October 22nd. My photos arrived there exactly this date and I have no updates so far. I landed Sep 6th!!

Yawdbeauty

Nov 8, 2015
update >>>>>

my application got approved.. but my Children's were not! I sent their photos with mine without the letters sent specifically for each one of them, I didn't wait for the letters! I also just wrote their names and date of births on the back of the photos and didn't write their UCI's, I thought it should be easy for them to identify their applications as my dependents!!

now the question is.. should I send new photos to my friend in Canada & ask him to send separate letters for each child with the his letter? or wait and see if they might get approved!?

Thanks

Hello was it approved or did they ask you to send new photos with letter. I just sent in new photos but didn’t include my letter. Just my husbands letter

andy1011

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
Same here, two days ago CIC advised they were processing photo-retake before Oct 22. Seems it is long way to go guys.

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Same here, two days ago CIC advised they were processing photo-retake before Oct 22. Seems it is long way to go guys.
So horrible news indeed. They have so many backlogs.
Anyway, as I'm outside of Canada I sent all required documents for PR travel document issuance. Hope I'll get it soon and go back to Canada.

jselvalakshmi

Dec 7, 2017
United States
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
AOR Received.
12-11-2017
Hi i landed on october 25 th , photo requests on dec 15 th. my photos submitted on dec 19 th still no action and unable to check online status. Should i call.? Iam in canada. I have aplan of travel to india in feb. will i get before that.

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi i landed on october 25 th , photo requests on dec 15 th. my photos submitted on dec 19 th still no action and unable to check online status. Should i call.? Iam in canada. I have aplan of travel to india in feb. will i get before that.
Don't call them, it's useless, they're working on all resubmissions on or before 22nd of October 2018. Just relax and enjoy, your time will come in about 1.5-2 months coz they didn't start reviewing November retaken photos, at least you're in Canada so don't worry that much.

Genesis76

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
London (Ontario)
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Nomination.....
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
IELTS Request
No need
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
09-03-2018
I had to go back to Italy (my home country) for vacation so I had to apply for PRTD in Rome. They sent me in 1 week. Now I'm back to Canada and still waiting for the PR card...
My timeline so far:
Landed = Oct 16 2018
Got email from CIC asking photo = Dec 07 2018
Sent photo = Dec 10 2018
CIC received = Dec 13 2018
Waiting...

inder.online

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
My timeline
Landing (soft landing) : Nov 3rd, 2018
Photo request for all 4 family members : Dec 20th 2018
Photos received at CIC/IRCC : Jan 8th, 2019

I sent a web form request asking if they can confirm if they received the photos:
Below is their reply :

We have verified the information you provided and we were not able to locate your photographs in the system yet.
However, rest assured that this situation is normal since the responsible office is currently processing photo retakes received before October 22, 2018.

Now I have a doubt,
Going by their current status/timeline, they will take over 3 months to reach Jan 8th photo retake which is more than time they take on initial PR card.

Does this Oct 22 mean the landing date ( which is Nov 3rd for me) or they mean date when photos were received ( which is Jan 8th for me )

Does anyone have a clarity on this ?