+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request new photographs for PR Card after landing - add your case here

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hello my friend,
In my case everything took 1 week from when I give the documents to the embassy in Rome. I had to go personally to give all documents. I completed the form online and as supporting documents I wrote a letter saying I recently landed and I did not received the card yet, copy of my return ticket and few documents of my ties here in canada (properties like house or car or job). That was more than enough. They were very fast considering the Xmas holidays. Hope this could help.
In my case I gave them all docs on papers coz can't complete online. Gave them the copy of the copr, return ticket, apartment lease copy, electricity bill copy and bank statement also. Hope these will be enough to process my PRTD.
One more thing, I did apply for it through VFS global which is a must step according to NY embassy.

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hello my friend,
In my case everything took 1 week from when I give the documents to the embassy in Rome. I had to go personally to give all documents. I completed the form online and as supporting documents I wrote a letter saying I recently landed and I did not received the card yet, copy of my return ticket and few documents of my ties here in canada (properties like house or car or job). That was more than enough. They were very fast considering the Xmas holidays. Hope this could help.
Hi again, one more question: the day when you submitted your documents for PRTD, when was your flight day from rome to Toronto? How many days you had between submission and flight times? Million thanks.

Genesis76

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
London (Ontario)
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Nomination.....
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
IELTS Request
No need
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
09-03-2018
Hi again, one more question: the day when you submitted your documents for PRTD, when was your flight day from rome to Toronto? How many days you had between submission and flight times? Million thanks.
Basically you have to apply when you are abroad. So my flight was Toronto - Rome. Once I landed in Rome I went straight away to the embassy. I had all documents ready and I just gave to them, pay the fees. Everything was printed. Of course original passport, copy of COPR, copy of other documents I listed. Only the passport was original. They sent me back the passport with the visa attached on one page after 1 week. I gave them the address I was in Italy (my parents' house). I had to flight back to Canada after 4 weeks.

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Basically you have to apply when you are abroad. So my flight was Toronto - Rome. Once I landed in Rome I went straight away to the embassy. I had all documents ready and I just gave to them, pay the fees. Everything was printed. Of course original passport, copy of COPR, copy of other documents I listed. Only the passport was original. They sent me back the passport with the visa attached on one page after 1 week. I gave them the address I was in Italy (my parents' house). I had to flight back to Canada after 4 weeks.
Alright, did you get any tracking number? I gave them the same documents like you did. An address in the USA, I'm abroad too. Initial PR will take more time coz of resubmission of new photos.

Genesis76

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
London (Ontario)
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Nomination.....
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
IELTS Request
No need
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
09-03-2018
Alright, did you get any tracking number? I gave them the same documents like you did. An address in the USA, I'm abroad too. Initial PR will take more time coz of resubmission of new photos.
Yes they were providing me a tracking number plus an online service that was sending me email notifications when the process was completed from the Canadian Embassy in Rome and the passport ready to be shipped.

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Yes they were providing me a tracking number plus an online service that was sending me email notifications when the process was completed from the Canadian Embassy in Rome and the passport ready to be shipped.
Just called VFS and they told me that I should wait a bit more, they will provide tracking number via my email, hope it will be done soon. I am going to take my flight in 5 weeks.

Reactions: Genesis76

nikabella

Apr 23, 2017
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
Med's Request
22-03-2018
Med's Done....
11-04-2018
Is anyone here re submitting photos in early December 2018?

Genesis76

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
London (Ontario)
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Nomination.....
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
IELTS Request
No need
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
09-03-2018
Is anyone here re submitting photos in early December 2018?
I submitted photos in beginning of December 2018. Still no update. I guess we have to wait another month if it's true they are 'working' on end of Oct/beginning Nov cases.

nikabella

Apr 23, 2017
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
Med's Request
22-03-2018
Med's Done....
11-04-2018
I submitted photos in beginning of December 2018. Still no update. I guess we have to wait another month if it's true they are 'working' on end of Oct/beginning Nov cases.
I've sent 5th December , no updates as well. I called them last Monday and the week before last week, and got the answer that they processing 22nd October. some people in this forum got different answers like November last Wednesday, so I think maybe we need to wait another month... they processing tooooooooooooo slow...