+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request new photographs for PR Card after landing - add your case here

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
Hi Everyone
I landed on 14th June...received a photo request only for myself on 8th August...called up cic...they confirmed it is for all 3..me,husband and child...person said must be some glitch..we require pictures of all three...anyways sent pics on 14th AUGUST ...have called cic twice since then...no update ...
try to link your application online. i also sent my photos around same time, and my application got approved on 11th sep. now waiting for card to arrive by mail.

DonDraper

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Folks,does everyone get a Photo request later on as a standard process or is the request random? wondering if we are suppose to submit pictures (as per CIC specifics) during landing.

shalaby

Jul 26, 2016
update >>>>>

my application got approved.. but my Children's were not! I sent their photos with mine without the letters sent specifically for each one of them, I didn't wait for the letters! I also just wrote their names and date of births on the back of the photos and didn't write their UCI's, I thought it should be easy for them to identify their applications as my dependents!!

now the question is.. should I send new photos to my friend in Canada & ask him to send separate letters for each child with the his letter? or wait and see if they might get approved!?

Thanks

gail yu

May 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-4-14
Med's Request
27-04-14
Med's Done....
06-05-14
Passport Req..
03-06-14
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-14
LANDED..........
17-07-14
Is there someone here who had an issue with the submitted photo for PPR? Cic said that an email was sent to my rep re photo submission and my rep cant find the email.

ASAD1ASAD

Star Member
May 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JULY 2016
Doc's Request.
JULY 2016
Hi Ajay,
I am in a similar situation. I called the IRCC helpdesk - (1888 242 2100. Select options 2 then 3 then 2 again and select talk to a representative). I told the agent that I had missed the email and the deadline has passed (>40days). I asked if I need to start a new application. She told me that there is no need to start a new application for PR card. Just include an explanation letter explaining the reason for the delay and send it along with the photos and copy of email requesting the resubmission of photos. I have sent it on 12th June but haven't heard back yet.
Could you please share if you have any update from CIC regarding your case?
But there was no update in GC KEY LINK.

Moana1128

Apr 30, 2018
Bangladesh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-04-2018
AOR Received.
30-04-2018
Passport Req..
04-07-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Hi. How long did it take after resubmitting the photos to get the PR card? I'll be traveling soon and don't want to go through the process of prtd. Hoping to get the PR card sooner.

WednesdayBlues

Nov 11, 2017
Hey guys, I did my landing on 4th August and received an email from CIC on September 19th requesting for photographs for the PR Card. (Apparently it was sitting in my spam and i just realized thank god) Got couple of questions:

1. I am currently in Chennai, India. On the back of ONE photograph, can I mention the address and the details of the photography studio? If NO, what's the alternative?
2. Can I mail the letter as well as the photos to the address mentioned in the letter or should this be sent to a friend/relative and have them courier to CIC. I am planning to do this via DHL/Bluedart services so if there are better alternate options please do provide.

With regards to the address to which this can be mailed, several people said it can also be mentioned to this so that third party courier services undertake. Can anyone validate the address below please:
  • Courier address
    CPC-Sydney
    49 Dorchester Street
    Sydney, NS
    B1P 5Z2
If it strictly needs to be sent to the address mentioned in the letter, should I mail it to my friend and have them mail it locally?

There are also several specifications mentioned in the letter on how the photographs should be... Although I can mention this to the photographer if, there's anything else I should know that would greatly help.

Appreciate your responses and help, thanks!

Last edited:

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hey guys, I did my landing on 4th August and received an email from CIC on September 19th requesting for photographs for the PR Card. (Apparently it was sitting in my spam and i just realized thank god) Got couple of questions:

1. I am currently in Chennai, India. On the back of ONE photograph, can I mention the address and the details of the photography studio? If NO, what's the alternative?
2. Can I mail the letter as well as the photos to the address mentioned in the letter or should this be sent to a friend/relative and have them courier to CIC. I am planning to do this via DHL/Bluedart services so if there are better alternate options please do provide.

With regards to the address to which this can be mailed, several people said it can also be mentioned to this so that third party courier services undertake. Can anyone validate the address below please:
  • Courier address
    CPC-Sydney
    49 Dorchester Street
    Sydney, NS
    B1P 5Z2
If it strictly needs to be sent to the address mentioned in the letter, should I mail it to my friend and have them mail it locally?

There are also several specifications mentioned in the letter on how the photographs should be... Although I can mention this to the photographer if, there's anything else I should know that would greatly help.

Appreciate your responses and help, thanks!
1. Yes
2. Both options work.

These photo resubmission requests have become too common and no one knows why they are being rejected. You can just follow the instructions to the word and hope they accept it.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Got an update yesterday that the office is processing photos resubmitted before 24sep. So if you've sent yours after that, sit back and relax..we are going to be here for a while.

evilscript

Jun 6, 2018
United States
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New York
Hi Guys. I have some questions regarding my situation.

I performed my medical exam in 2/2018 so my CoPR is to expire in 2/2019. I got approved PR status in 4/2018 and first landed in Toronto on 6/23/2018 and then immediately came back to the US on 6/24/2018. I left a safe address in BC which was my relative's address to receive the PR card. I came back to the US because I have job in the US and I don't want to quit without physically holding the card.

On 9/23/2018 I received the photo re-take request email and I re-took the photos and sent them to Sydney NS via USPS - Canada Post, and was delivered on 10/1/2018 to the PO Box. I then queried via web form to check the status only to receive the exact same photo re-take request email. In case I re-took again and sent another UPS letter and was delivered on 10/26/2018 to the courier address.

My question is:

1), Is there anything else I can do except waiting at this time?
2), I know that I can simply fly to Seattle and drive across border using my CoPR if my card arrives in Vancouver. However, my CoPR will expire in 02/2019. If worst case happens that my card still does not arrive in 02/2019. What should I do then?

Thank you so much.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
1), Is there anything else I can do except waiting at this time?
2), I know that I can simply fly to Seattle and drive across border using my CoPR if my card arrives in Vancouver. However, my CoPR will expire in 02/2019. If worst case happens that my card still does not arrive in 02/2019. What should I do then?
1. unfortunately not, CiC has their own processing times and terms and you will get the card when its ready
2. you can apply for a PRTD , thats the substitute for not having a PR card and enables you to enter into canada

evilscript

Jun 6, 2018
United States
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New York
1. unfortunately not, CiC has their own processing times and terms and you will get the card when its ready
2. you can apply for a PRTD , thats the substitute for not having a PR card and enables you to enter into canada
Thank you so much for the reply.

Just to share an update that perhaps this is the fastest time they reply to a web form. I submitted a web form requesting status yesterday and this morning CIC replied me saying my card was mailed out on 10/29/2018.

I mailed in my first set of photos on 10/1/2018. So obviously they are processing photos received on or after 10/1/2018.

Thanks.