Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
n/a
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-03-2018
J

theres no process to rush a first card . I tried . They will only ask you to apply for travel document in the country your going to and you would be told that a new card is already being treated as a rush. You can only rush a card renewal or card replacement

Thanks for clarification. On their website CIC doesn’t specify whether urgent processing is applicable to the first or renewed card.

striker87

Feb 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
Customer service rep tell us what they hear from the processing unit or what they see on system . They are really not up to date with the right information . I got approved today n I got picture re submission request July 6th , sent pictures in July 9th and today my application is approved . So they are definitely not working on June 4th pictures only

Well i got my 2nd photo request today (which means the two sets of pictures taken from different places that i sent them were not fine - 1 set i took from younge sheppard photo center and the other one from the Shoppers Drug Mart). So anyone here who has been successful in getting their pictures approved please tell me where to go to get my pictures taken from>?

marina271

Jul 23, 2018
omg what kind of pictures do they actually want? What can possibly go wrong here? Back at home I had a confusion about 'crown of head'. What that exactly is? Because they say FACE measures between 31 mm (1- 1/4 inches) and 36 mm I assume that should not include hair? I was told so at the Canadian immigration centre back at home. Is that right?

Your photos must be:

• Taken by a commercial photographer.
  • 50 mm wide X 70 mm high (2 inches wide x 2- 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm (1- 1/4 inches) and 36 mm (1- 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head).
  • Clear, sharp and in focus.
  • Taken with a neutral facial expression (eyes open and clearly visible, mouth closed, no smiling).
  • Taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections.
  • Taken straight on, with face and shoulders centred and squared to the camera (i.e. the photographs must show the full front view of the person’s head and shoulders, showing full face centred in the middle of the photograph).
  • Taken in front of a plain white background with a clear difference between your face and the background. Photos must reflect/represent natural skin tones.
  • Original photos that are not altered in any way or taken from an existing photo.

Jaaaaayne

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
Well i got my 2nd photo request today (which means the two sets of pictures taken from different places that i sent them were not fine - 1 set i took from younge sheppard photo center and the other one from the Shoppers Drug Mart). So anyone here who has been successful in getting their pictures approved please tell me where to go to get my pictures taken from>?
I took mine at Walmart

baiju2505

Mar 29, 2016
update : my pr card is approved yesterday after a long wait. I got a photo request and arranged to delivered my photo graphs on May 24th. They couldnt trace my parcel. After lot of mail and follow up, they could trace my parcel and approved my pr card yesterday.

marina271

Jul 23, 2018
Hello everyone. My current PR card status says: Application/profile updated. Does anyone know what does this status mean?

striker87

Feb 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
I put in a note with my pictures this time just saying that it is urgent so would appreciate a quick response. Maybe that helped. Also this time i took pictures from this place that was recommended by a friend and it really worked. So i would recommend to all those who are getting photo requests:

Print Pros (Inside Hudson Bay Center)
20 Bloor St E #35, Toronto, ON M4W 3G7

https://goo.gl/maps/B5A5padPRv92

2nd Photo request pictures sent: 3rd Aug 2018
Pictures received: 7th August 2018
Application/profile (ghost) update status: 15th or 16th August 2018
Approved Status: 21st August 2018

Hoping to receive the card this week!

striker87

Feb 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
I put in a note with my pictures this time just saying that it is urgent so would appreciate a quick response. Maybe that helped. Also this time i took pictures from this place that was recommended by a friend and it really worked. So i would recommend to all those who are getting photo requests:

Print Pros (Inside Hudson Bay Center)
20 Bloor St E #35, Toronto, ON M4W 3G7

https://goo.gl/maps/B5A5padPRv92

2nd Photo request pictures sent: 3rd Aug 2018
Pictures received: 7th August 2018
Application/profile (ghost) update status: 15th or 16th August 2018
Approved Status: 21st August 2018

Hoping to receive the card this week!

Received PR Card: 23rd August 2018 (finally after 2 photo requests - landed on 7th April 2018)

Best of luck everyone !

Ocean.vp

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
I got a PR card photo resubmission request.
I have got photos clicked again and printed them in 2 slightly different sizes.
Overall photo size is 50X70mm only just to be sure on face size i got them printed in slightly different face sizes (zoomed out a little bit)
My query is can i send them both sets i.e. 2 photos of each size i.e. 4 photos in all.
Has anyone sent multiple sets of photos for PR card before. Is it alright to send multiple sets.

shalaby

Jul 26, 2016
Hi All,

I landed on June 18, received a photo re-submission email for myself on Aug 13. I think the mistake was in the wrong interpretation for crown definition!. so, anyway, I sent new photos (for myself and my kids although I didn't get any notion about the kids photos, but from previous posts here in the forum, I thought they would be rejected as well). I sent the photos to my friend inside Canada (because I'm outside), he sent the photos on 18th Aug.

right after my friend sent the photos with a print of the email message I received + the attachment, he received a letter requesting photos for one of the kids.

- so, my 1st question is.. I sent my photos + all the kids photos without the request letter for the kids, is that fine?
will they still process the kids photos as they are my dependents?
- I didn't write the UCI on the back of the kids photos, just their names and date of birth, will this be a problem?
- until now there's no update on the PR card application status (I linked all our PR apps to my main application). when should I expect progress?
- how can I contact them from outside Canada to ask about progress _if possible_?
- if they didn't receive the photos will I lose everything and lose my PR?!!

I'm so disappointed of this process indeed, it seems they put this photo thing as a last hurdle to use it to reject more people!!! why can't they ask us to submit the photos online with a certain quality? this is really unbelievable!!!

Thanks in advance mates

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
Hi All,

I landed on June 18, received a photo re-submission email for myself on Aug 13. I think the mistake was in the wrong interpretation for crown definition!. so, anyway, I sent new photos (for myself and my kids although I didn't get any notion about the kids photos, but from previous posts here in the forum, I thought they would be rejected as well). I sent the photos to my friend inside Canada (because I'm outside), he sent the photos on 18th Aug.

right after my friend sent the photos with a print of the email message I received + the attachment, he received a letter requesting photos for one of the kids.

- so, my 1st question is.. I sent my photos + all the kids photos without the request letter for the kids, is that fine?
will they still process the kids photos as they are my dependents?
- I didn't write the UCI on the back of the kids photos, just their names and date of birth, will this be a problem?
- until now there's no update on the PR card application status (I linked all our PR apps to my main application). when should I expect progress?
- how can I contact them from outside Canada to ask about progress _if possible_?
- if they didn't receive the photos will I lose everything and lose my PR?!!

I'm so disappointed of this process indeed, it seems they put this photo thing as a last hurdle to use it to reject more people!!! why can't they ask us to submit the photos online with a certain quality? this is really unbelievable!!!

Thanks in advance mates
i also submitted my new photos on August 14th and still waiting for any updates. BTW how did you link your application online? when i searched for PR card application, it didnt give me any results. it just says application cant be found.. which option did you choose while you searched for your PR card application?

thanks.

shalaby

Jul 26, 2016
i also submitted my new photos on August 14th and still waiting for any updates. BTW how did you link your application online? when i searched for PR card application, it didnt give me any results. it just says application cant be found.. which option did you choose while you searched for your PR card application?

thanks.
click on "Account Home", below your application status and messages you will see " Add (link) your application to your account "
if you click there it will give you a drop-down list, in which there's "PR Card application". you should use the UCI for each applicant + last name + date of landing. Good luck.
Please let me know when you get some updates for your application. Thanks

Apr 16, 2017
Delhi - NCR
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
09-08-2017
Hi Everyone
I landed on 14th June...received a photo request only for myself on 8th August...called up cic...they confirmed it is for all 3..me,husband and child...person said must be some glitch..we require pictures of all three...anyways sent pics on 14th AUGUST ...have called cic twice since then...no update ...

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
click on "Account Home", below your application status and messages you will see " Add (link) your application to your account "
if you click there it will give you a drop-down list, in which there's "PR Card application". you should use the UCI for each applicant + last name + date of landing. Good luck.
Please let me know when you get some updates for your application. Thanks
Thanks. finally it worked. i had to enter the place of birth exactly as in passport.
The application status is shown as 'approved', and the update date is 11th September. so i assume i will receive PR card by next week. What is your application status?