+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request new photographs for PR Card after landing - add your case here

Anashmatar

Feb 26, 2016
Hi Akash ,

Im outside send them by DHL, as per the courier they delivered photos on 10th of feb and im still waiting.

Any advise?

Best Regards

engrijlal

Sep 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
20-11-2014
Med's Request
30-6-2015
Med's Done....
29-7-2015
Passport Req..
18-8-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-8-2015
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
I am landing in March. Is this good idea to attach both size of pic (50 x 70 & 34 x 45) with PR Card Form.

nihon19

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
Glad to hear some people with resubmitted photos receiving their PRC, there is a hope :)
THe one in Otober gave me hope :) but you never know

Anashmatar

Feb 26, 2016
Inshalla there is always hope man.

They explained me why this delay: they changed the card style so they are asking for new photos with passport size.
Then they are processing application by order photos are recived so it depends how may one recived ahead of your email.

shahr23

Jan 9, 2016
Anashmatar said:
Inshalla there is always hope man.

They explained me why this delay: they changed the card style so they are asking for new photos with passport size.
Then they are processing application by order photos are recived so it depends how may one recived ahead of your email.
That still doesn't explain why they are only asking specific family members for photos. It would have made more sense to ask all the family members, why just one? My father, brother and I all received our PR cards but my mother's wasn't issued. We all submitted the same photos.

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
Do we need to take photographs for landing?

Anashmatar

Feb 26, 2016
shahr23 said:
That still doesn't explain why they are only asking specific family members for photos. It would have made more sense to ask all the family members, why just one? My father, brother and I all received our PR cards but my mother's wasn't issued. We all submitted the same photos.
Really, strange, i thought that they are asking every one for photos.

kkrishna

Mar 5, 2016
Hi All,
I have landed on 1 Oct 2015, with my wife and child and then returned back to home country. I have received my PR card and my daughter's card in Jan 2016 last week. I have been following up for my wife's card. Now the call center officer says I need resubmit photos for my wife with new specifications. Since I did not receive any letter, the call center agent has sent the email immediately with photo specifications. As per the instructions, we need to write the address of photo studio on the back side of the photo.
Please advise if there is any issue if we send the photo taken outside Canada disclosing the same. If we have to take the photo only in Canada, then she has to apply for alternate travel document, as she can not return to Canada now. Please advise what is the best course of action. Thank you.

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
Kiranmayi said:
Do we need to take photographs for landing?
I am landing next week and thinking about taking new photos with me...

shahr23

Jan 9, 2016
kkrishna said:
Hi All,
I have landed on 1 Oct 2015, with my wife and child and then returned back to home country. I have received my PR card and my daughter's card in Jan 2016 last week. I have been following up for my wife's card. Now the call center officer says I need resubmit photos for my wife with new specifications. Since I did not receive any letter, the call center agent has sent the email immediately with photo specifications. As per the instructions, we need to write the address of photo studio on the back side of the photo.
Please advise if there is any issue if we send the photo taken outside Canada disclosing the same. If we have to take the photo only in Canada, then she has to apply for alternate travel document, as she can not return to Canada now. Please advise what is the best course of action. Thank you.
Hi, Kkrishna,

She can travel to Canada but it's a little bit of a journey. Firstly, she would need her PR confirmation document. Firstly, she would need to travel to Buffalo, New York. From there she would need could cross the border in a non-commercial vehicle. So if you have a few reliable friends or family in Canada who could pick you up from Buffalo, it should be fine.
Of course, this is assuming she has a valid visa to travel to the US.
As for the pictures - I wouldn't risk taking the pictures outside of Canada, just because it looks a little suspicious. Essentially because they do expect you to still be in the country once you've landed. I hope it works out for you. Best of luck!

sewak34

Oct 20, 2015
landed november 8 2015
photo resubmission feb 9 same day sent
photo reached cic 15 feb
card mailed march 9
now waiting for card to reach my mailbox

viji123

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
sewak34 said:
landed november 8 2015