23-07-2014
Nomination.....
18-11-2014
File Transfer...
06-02-2015
Med's Request
28-02-2015
Hi Friends,

I got photo request as per new specs for one member, while for the others PR cards were processed with photos of old specs [ sound's funny].

I am mailing the photos to CIC, just wanted to know if IMM5455 is required to be sent with the photos. I have not received this form with my mail, however, I have read in this forum that many friends have send this form [IMM5455] along with the photos. Please respond urgently. Thank you!

Regards,
Arka

Freelancer_78

Nov 26, 2014
Landed 18 Aug, photos were resent on Dec 8, I called CIC today and was told that for photo resubmitting cases; they can never tell how long is it gonna take for cards to be finalised, and no confirmation of receipt rather than the courier's tracking..

So now it is about 65 days with no news..any one in same boat?!

Thanks

happy98

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2014
Doc's Request.
28-07-2015
Nomination.....
26-07-2014
AOR Received.
3-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
22-04-2015
Med's Request
3-10-2014
Med's Done....
4-10-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-08-2015
Freelancer_78 said:
Landed 18 Aug, photos were resent on Dec 8, I called CIC today and was told that for photo resubmitting cases; they can never tell how long is it gonna take for cards to be finalised, and no confirmation of receipt rather than the courier's tracking..

So now it is about 65 days with no news..any one in same boat?!

Thanks
Yes i am in similar situation , I sent my photographs December 2, and still waiting for PRC.

Loulounic

Aug 11, 2011
happy98 said:
Yes i am in similar situation , I sent my photographs December 2, and still waiting for PRC.
Landed January 25, waiting for PR card to travel back to Canada. Noticed some people were asked to send new photos. When did the photo specs changed ?

happy98

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2014
Doc's Request.
28-07-2015
Nomination.....
26-07-2014
AOR Received.
3-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
22-04-2015
Med's Request
3-10-2014
Med's Done....
4-10-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-08-2015
Loulounic said:
Landed January 25, waiting for PR card to travel back to Canada. Noticed some people were asked to send new photos. When did the photo specs changed ?

Photo specs changed in Nov 2015, but CIC is not sending photo resubmission request to everyone. They are sending it to random people.

badsha

Oct 6, 2013
Hello Friends, Can anyone tell how many photographs needs to be sent to CIC ? I called up the CIC and they say that i need send photographs once again.

mazenrad

Aug 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
badsha said:
Hello Friends, Can anyone tell how many photographs needs to be sent to CIC ? I called up the CIC and they say that i need send photographs once again.
2 Photos

andywendy

Oct 4, 2015
Hi Guys,

I landed at carway on november 14th and did receive my PRC . I just spoke to the call center and was told a mail was sent to me about re submitting my photograph with some supplementary form . I will be sending that this week when I get off shift before I get the mail . I was wondering if I am supposed to send just the new photograph and the suplimentry form . Also anybody in the same situation received their card yet after sending the photograph . Any idea what the time frame is ? As i was planning a trip out of the country soon .

Thanks guys !! :-[ :-[

nihon19

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
Seems I am in the same boat !
Landed 29th October, Called CIC last week and heard that they send mail to request photos. But the agent was nice and he resend by email the request. Sent photos yesterday.
Just reading through messages, and saw that some people mentioned that they sent new photos to the local office , in my email request CIC asked me to send to Sydney - the processing center.
Anyone has different experience ? or we all are back to Sydney :)

lisa_0206

Feb 18, 2016
Hello,

We landed in Oct and are back to our home country for some personal reasons

We have now received a letter from CIC asking us to resubmit photos on account of changed specs

Would anyone on this forum (Shahr23 / Arka?) be / have been in a similar situation? And if so, is it ok for us to take the photos outside of Canada since we need to mention the Date and Address of the photographer on the reverse? Does CIC accept it as such, from anyones experience?

Thanks in advance for any feedback and input you are able to provide

lisa

mikeles666

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Hi,

I did landing procedure on Nov 25th, was told that I'd receive my PR card within 3 months.
Today I called them (CIC) cause so far I haven't received my card, and that was a good thing to do,
cause I heard that photo retake was required and that they had sent me a letter about this but I never got it so far , lol.

Was anyone of you told how many of photos you have to provide?

I heard that you need 2,

thanks

europ2016

Feb 10, 2016
I send new photos last week (still no PR card), but I have to go back to Europe immediately, in Monday.
My friend will come after 3 months (hopefully will come until then), if he could bring me the PR card, and then I can enter Canada ?

Someone with this situation
please,

shahr23

Jan 9, 2016
mikeles666 said:
Hi,

I did landing procedure on Nov 25th, was told that I'd receive my PR card within 3 months.
Today I called them (CIC) cause so far I haven't received my card, and that was a good thing to do,
cause I heard that photo retake was required and that they had sent me a letter about this but I never got it so far , lol.

Was anyone of you told how many of photos you have to provide?

I heard that you need 2,

thanks
Hey, Mikeles666.

We were asked to send 2 photos. Note that the specifications have changed and it is now 50 x 70 mm. The are on the cic website. It changed VERY recently so if you come across the old 35 x 45 mm specifications, ignore those.
You can send them to the following address:

Case Processing Center - Permanent Resident Card
PO Box 4500
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 6L1.

If you don't have the letter, just attach the IMM5455B form (supplementary identification form) and maybe a copy of your permanent residence confirmation. (This is what I've read up on the forums)

shahr23

Jan 9, 2016
lisa_0206 said:
Hello,

We landed in Oct and are back to our home country for some personal reasons

We have now received a letter from CIC asking us to resubmit photos on account of changed specs

Would anyone on this forum (Shahr23 / Arka?) be / have been in a similar situation? And if so, is it ok for us to take the photos outside of Canada since we need to mention the Date and Address of the photographer on the reverse? Does CIC accept it as such, from anyones experience?

Thanks in advance for any feedback and input you are able to provide

lisa
Hi Lisa_0206

I believe that you may be able to send the photos from abroad, but the photos also need to be stamped at the back with the address of the place you had your photos taken at. It's always best if the photos came from within Canada just because you are new PRs and they would expect you to be in the country. What you could do is:

Maybe so is have a picture taken (digitally), send it to someone in Canada, who can have it printed and stamped and send it on your behalf.

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
I got the photo request letter yesterday. The package had an envelope with printed address for 'my convenience'. My photos have already reached their address on 10th Feb. CIC Call center agents have no info on the receipt of the photos or whether the photos were ok or not. So, I wait as per usual!!