aspirant_canada

Jun 17, 2017
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Request
21-01-2017
Part of the letter says
Quote:
If we do not receive the requested information within 30 days of the date above, your application for a permanent resident card will be considered cancelled.
Unquote

If they have 6 weeks of backlog, how would this work. Any suggestions?
Thanks

prkartik

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2017
LANDED..........
26-07-2017
Part of the letter says
Quote:
If we do not receive the requested information within 30 days of the date above, your application for a permanent resident card will be considered cancelled.
Unquote

If they have 6 weeks of backlog, how would this work. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Hi,
I raised the same question to CIC customer care . She said nothing to worry. you are already a permanent resident and process id for PR card .If any issue they will request new photos..

Papagod

May 19, 2015
Where the photos were taken doesn't matter, my original ones sent off before landing were from within Canada, same place PR application photos were taken and they requested new ones 2 months later so it's nothing to do with that. I'm still going with the theory that they are just so busy/disorganised that they simply lose lots so have to request new ones.

My new photos were received 7th Oct, I've been away so not sure if PR card has arrived yet, I can't link my PR card to my Gckey for some reason, it won't accept any combination of information, if they request a second time like that guy who landed in May I won't be sending any more pics until they explain why they were rejected.

sharon6191

Sep 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where the photos were taken doesn't matter, my original ones sent off before landing were from within Canada, same place PR application photos were taken and they requested new ones 2 months later so it's nothing to do with that. I'm still going with the theory that they are just so busy/disorganised that they simply lose lots so have to request new ones.

My new photos were received 7th Oct, I've been away so not sure if PR card has arrived yet, I can't link my PR card to my Gckey for some reason, it won't accept any combination of information, if they request a second time like that guy who landed in May I won't be sending any more pics until they explain why they were rejected.
please give us an update once you received the PR Card. you are right, it does't matter where you took the photos. Maybe CIC need to implement a better scanning system and speed up the card making process!

Reactions: Mumbai_Indians

Mumbai_Indians

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
please give us an update once you received the PR Card. you are right, it does't matter where you took the photos. Maybe CIC need to implement a better scanning system and speed up the card making process!
A thought for CIC!

Ideally they should take photos at the time of landing and use it. Since it will be the system they own, they should take the photos there and then only as per their specifications. That way, there will be zero resubmission request. In India, passport photos are taken at the location of application by the Govt only so that there is no question of photos being rejected.

Reactions: Jakev

little star

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Hello Folks,
I have update to share.. I sent photos for my parents through regular mail on 2nd Oct and they have started processing it. I recieved one of the card and waiting for other. Hope will get soon.

All Resubmitting the photo request journey was really frustrated as .. no clear instructions on,
1) If can use regular mail or tracking post
2) sending the photos for only requested person or whole landed family as specially another adults they consider individual application and send another photo request (which happens to me) so i sent another copy

but finally, here is the conclusion...
1) Use the tracking post to send photos for your record..
2) Even request come for 1 person, better to send all the family. Chances are you will save time on reprocessing...as i sent for both and they processes both of the cards rather than primary requested one...

Best of luck to all... this forum is really helpful ..

Reactions: Tomi2

Mumbai_Indians

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
Hello Folks,
I have update to share.. I sent photos for my parents through regular mail on 2nd Oct and they have started processing it. I recieved one of the card and waiting for other. Hope will get soon.

All Resubmitting the photo request journey was really frustrated as .. no clear instructions on,
1) If can use regular mail or tracking post
2) sending the photos for only requested person or whole landed family as specially another adults they consider individual application and send another photo request (which happens to me) so i sent another copy

but finally, here is the conclusion...
1) Use the tracking post to send photos for your record..
2) Even request come for 1 person, better to send all the family. Chances are you will save time on reprocessing...as i sent for both and they processes both of the cards rather than primary requested one...

Best of luck to all... this forum is really helpful ..
Hi,

Congratulations. But if the photo resubmission request comes for say individual 1 from a family of 3, and we send the new photos for all of 3, then what to do if after a few days, request for individual 2 or individual 3 comes?

Thanks.

gappy31600

May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14-10-2016

Mumbai_Indians

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
Permanent Resident Cards
  • Courier address
    49 Dorchester Street
    Sydney, NS
    B1P 5Z2
Hi,

Is it ok to send the photos via courier to this address? Asking this because in the letter, they mention the address with PO Box and technically if one doesn’t send to that address, one is not complying with what is requested. Has any one sent to this courier address and seen their photos approved and PR cards also getting approved after that?

tripone

May 17, 2016
Hi,

Is it ok to send the photos via courier to this address? Asking this because in the letter, they mention the address with PO Box and technically if one doesn’t send to that address, one is not complying with what is requested. Has any one sent to this courier address and seen their photos approved and PR cards also getting approved after that?
I'd not recommend sending the photos to any other address unless someone verifies it. Send it to the one on your letter. Where are you sending it from? If in Canada, send it via registered post. It reaches in 3-5 days and you can track it.