+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request new photographs for PR Card after landing - add your case here

shiiinjiiim

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Canada
same... booked flight on Dec.20th. but I saw a post earlier about 1 week ago said IRCC was processing Oct.6th photos already...so the answer may vary by different agents?
Yes, told the agent that you already said a week ago. She said, yes, still working on that date. She also mentioned that yours hasn’t started yet.

sharon6191

Sep 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, told the agent that you already said a week ago. She said, yes, still working on that date. She also mentioned that yours hasn’t started yet.
oh my... what are they doing?!!! I may have to come back through the land boarder...so frustrated.please update once you received the card. my photos were delivered on Oct.19th...

Ahsan576

Nov 24, 2017
New update!
Just called IRCC, the agent told me they are still on Oct 5th photos. She checked my application after asking all my information( name,DOB,COB,address,email,phone number) and said yours( Oct 16th ) has not been processed yet; If it got processed I would see it on your account.
I really don’t know what the hell they are doing! It’s been already two weeks that they are working on Oct 5th!
I have my plane ticket on Dec 15th! So desperate to get my PR card before that!

I got the same reply when i called them today that they are still processing Oct 5th photos. My case is much worse than yours, my photos have just been received on Nov 23rd (2 days back), I have a flight back to my country on 24th Dec. In case if i take the flight back are there any chances that IRCC calls me to their office to collect PR because that is the only way i get in trouble.

Ahsan576

Nov 24, 2017
Has anyone had the experience of being called in person to collect the new PR card from IRCC Office after photo retake?

Secondly if a person has a flight before expected PR card being send to him what should be done?

shiiinjiiim

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Canada
Today I checked my CIC account and found out that the “additional document” part has been changed from the additional documents you provided are being reviewed to the documents you provided are uploaded.
The last time I checked the account was on November 23.
I hope they are working on our files.

shiiinjiiim

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Canada
Has anyone had the experience of being called in person to collect the new PR card from IRCC Office after photo retake?

Secondly if a person has a flight before expected PR card being send to him what should be done?
Sometimes they call you to make sure you are in Canada.

shiiinjiiim

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Canada
I got the same reply when i called them today that they are still processing Oct 5th photos. My case is much worse than yours, my photos have just been received on Nov 23rd (2 days back), I have a flight back to my country on 24th Dec. In case if i take the flight back are there any chances that IRCC calls me to their office to collect PR because that is the only way i get in trouble.
If you fly back to your country, then you’ll need a PRTD to be boarded to fly to Canada. You need to show your airline that you are a permanent resident of Canada but you don’t have your card yet.

shiiinjiiim

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Canada

For your second question, you need to apply for PRTD, of course after living Canada. You shouldn’t apply within Canada.

nkanani1

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
Nomination.....
20-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Med's Request
NN
Interview........
NN
Just checked on myCIC. My application status is updated to approved. Hopefully will receive PR card soon. No update on my wife’s application though.
When were your photos received by cic?