+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Report Illegal Immigrant

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ololoev said:
I have another question. What should I do, if a know a guy, who is trying to get refugee status, but I know, that the whole story is total fake. Moreover, somehow he got the pappers from his county in his state (for sure he paid a lot of money, to get those pappers).
If you want to report this person, you can do it here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/report.asp

scotchy007

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-07-2013
Med's Request
28-02-2014
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
What a can of worms ::)

allenmorgan

Sep 30, 2012
I have already reported someone three times to Canadian Border Services They do NOTHING. And I 100% this person is workign illegally. To make things worse ... they renewed her damn work permit even though false docs were submitted. What's with HRSDC and CIC?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
allenmorgan said:
I have already reported someone three times to Canadian Border Services They do NOTHING. And I 100% this person is workign illegally. To make things worse ... they renewed her damn work permit even though false docs were submitted. What's with HRSDC and CIC?
Well, maybe they did investigate but found that the person you mentioned has a valid work permit. If someone has a valid work permit, they are not working illegally. Having falsified some documents to gain the work permit is another matter. Do you have proof of this? If you do, you should present it to immigration and you should not accuse the person of working illegally but of having presented falsified documents in order to gain a work permit. If you have no proof, they are not going to kick someone out just because you don't like the person.

allenmorgan

Sep 30, 2012
This lady is here on a skilled work permit. Meaning she must apply for and have the job approved via a LMO (Labour market opinion) by HRSDC. Only HRSDC approved jobs are allowable on the skilled work permit. She did get one company to agree to hire her, gave her an employment offer and HRSDC approved the job and gave her the skilled work permit. But she never actually went to work at that job. She took several different jobs that are NOT within even the job code/category. The employers who have hired her, have no idea she has a work permit. Because she presents a SIN card, they just think she is a citizen/landed immigrant and able to work. What bothers me is that she laughs at how stupid our government is. Sadly, they are obviously. And after that work permit expired, she re-applied for an extension and submitted that she was working still at the job that HRSDC had previously approved. They granted the extension based on the fact she said she was still working there. What's even sadder is that they didn't even bother to check. To make things worse, she is going to need some expensive medical treatments, and our OHIP is even covering her, because they too did not bother to check. In Ontario to qualify for OHIP you must be working at your approved job for 3 months. When they granted her the OHIP, she wasn't working at all. She just presented the offer letter to the job which was dated more than 3 months ago .. so they gave her and her entire family access to OHIP. I am all for people immigrating to this wonderful country. But doing it legally. And what she is doing is unfair to all of those people who follow proper channels to come here. And the fact she laughs at us is disgusting. And now she is about to apply for permanent residence. Likely they won't check details either? Already submitted the info ages ago to Cdn Border Services. Apparently they're eating bon bons and not looking into details. So where do I go from here? The newspapers?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she is on a temporary work permit, her SIN would start with a 9. Any employer hiring her is obligated to check that she has a work permit. Some people have open work permits. Maybe she has faked that. I suggest you report her to OHIP and that you report her to immigration separately for each job you know she has worked at without a permit. When you email CBSA about this, include a copy to the minister of immigration. Also report her to HRSDC where she got her job approved. Some of them may do something eventually.

It is possible that the company that gave her a job offer and applied for her LMO is in on the scheme. They may say that she is working there if asked. She may be paying them or she knows them enough for them to keep applying for her LMO's even if she is not working there. When you report her, also state that this is a possibility and that they should look into her taxes to verify that she is getting paid by this employer and by no other employer.

allenmorgan

Sep 30, 2012
Thanks for the info. I'll contact HRSDC. Yes her SIN starts with a 9, but I think the issue is a lot of employers don't know the difference between a "regular" SIN and one issued for a work permit. I'm an employer and I didn't know about it until I met this lady. My wife is friends with her, and I know for a fact the companies who have hired her, have no idea she is on a work permit, let alone NOT an open permit but a skilled work permit. I just don't want to see them get perm residency after all this disgusting deception. I know the hoops my sister in law had to endure after she married my brother in order to come to this country legally. So I don't have a lot of tolerance for deception. And the poor employers who are putting themselves at risk as well. And if this lady is granted surgery from the neurologist we are all paying for a in a few weeks, she is gonna suck the life outta our health system on top of it all.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
She will have to provide recent T4sm, notice of assessments and employment letters from past and current employers in the last 3 years when she applies for permanent residence. If she has not earned money through the employer on her work permit, she will not have T4s or NOAs which will raise red flags.

parker90

Nov 7, 2012
I want to report illegal person's work in sushi shop!!!

130 sparks st. ottawa On canada
SUSHI SHOP!
there's chiness shop!
and also I heard next to SUSHI SHOP! subway too!
there's korean people working without permit!!
why don't u guys check there!!!!????
I'll post about this to facebook! if U guys don't check!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
parker90 said:
I want to report illegal person's work in sushi shop!!!

130 sparks st. ottawa On canada
SUSHI SHOP!
there's chiness shop!
and also I heard next to SUSHI SHOP! subway too!
there's korean people working without permit!!
why don't u guys check there!!!!????
I'll post about this to facebook! if U guys don't check!
This isn't a government web site. None of us here work for the government or immigration.

If you want this issue investigated, then you need to report it to the proper authorities. Go to the following site to find out how to report immigration fraud:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/report.asp

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
I find it a little disturbing to read these posts of people trying to report the illegal folks. As much as I don't agree with their easy way out of being illegal (trust me, I'm doing alot of stuffs to make sure I'm legal and it drives me crazy), I am more empathetic towards their situations. I'm sure nobody wants to be illegal if they can help it, whether it's due to finances, literacy, or difficult circumstances.

Anyway.. I am a strong believer in the saying, "what goes around, comes around". When I do something mean and nasty onto someone, someday somewhere, I'm going to get someone else doing nasty things back to me (maybe even 3x, 4x nastier).

Good luck to those of you who reports on the illegal immigrants.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shells said:
I find it a little disturbing to read these posts of people trying to report the illegal folks. As much as I don't agree with their easy way out of being illegal (trust me, I'm doing alot of stuffs to make sure I'm legal and it drives me crazy), I am more empathetic towards their situations. I'm sure nobody wants to be illegal if they can help it, whether it's due to finances, literacy, or difficult circumstances.

Anyway.. I am a strong believer in the saying, "what goes around, comes around". When I do something mean and nasty onto someone, someday somewhere, I'm going to get someone else doing nasty things back to me (maybe even 3x, 4x nastier).

Good luck to those of you who reports on the illegal immigrants.
I think you misunderstand the whole thing. You are not being mean to people when you report them for breaking the law. The law is there for a reason. It is not meant to be broken.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
But what is the motivation behind reporting? Is it purely to correct a wrong or is it movitvated by personal agendas(e.g. revenge)? Recently one member said he was going to report his friends for using fake documents if they are approved and he is rejected(this because the friends are a few steps ahead in the process). Yes, laws are not meant to be broken but in this instance we have someone only having a problem with it when it wasn`t working for them. I guess my point is we all need to get over our self-righteousness.

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a very difficult topic to tackle.. tells you a lot about why CBSA/ CIC etc are not on top of it.

The reason for people being in Canada illegally varies. some do it because they are avoiding a possible legal prosecution for crimes in their home countries, some do it because they have no choice and its better to work illegally in Canada than starve to death i their home country. But mostly people in these situation are just victims of circumstances and want a better life for them and their families. Mind you, being an illegal is not a better life but it may very well be better than the life they would have in their own country. so lets not judge those who we don't know anything about.

as for working illegally under the table, the person hiring such workers is actually more at fault than those working. The employer is probably getting away with not paying taxes etc himself and paying much less to the worker. I have heard of cases where employers exploit these kinds of workers by making them work for some time and not paying them and threatening to report them. so there's more exploitation towards illegal workers.

also, perhaps its good to clarify the fact that a person with no legal status in Canada is not entitled to free medical or other social services as some of you blindly believe. Even visitors with legal status have no entitlement (except for some cases).

On the reporting part, i wouldn't be surprised if people who think about or do report illegals have a hidden agenda and being a model citizen is probably not on the top of their to-do list. It could be out of jealousy or other personal matter. I bet you those who do the reporting are immigrants themselves because i have seen this mentality, especially among those from India but it may very well be present in other nationalities too, they don't like seeing others from their neck of the woods succeed in life. some even go as far as focusing more on how to get others down rather than making their lives better. I know too many of these kinds of stories where people would report to CIC about incidents being fake (even though they are genuine) just to make some people go through misery.

Remember what Russell Peters said, we don't hate people from other countries, we hate each other (by we, he referred to indians).

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
You reminded me of a lot of things.. Just do it.

Employers who exploit workers (mind you, I had a proper work permit, but had a tough time finding job coz of the poor economy).
A gift shop owner in Gastown said to people interviewing for sales positions, "we will try you for the weekend - Friday to Sunday, 8 hours each day, to see if this job is suitable for you. Meanwhile, you don't get paid for these 3 days because we are just trying you out." I foolishly did it, because I needed a job very badly, luckily I pulled out of it by the 2nd day, but there were others I spoke to on the job, and it was their 3rd day. I got the feeling that he keeps "recruiting" people over and over again and use that same trick every time, but I don't have any evidence. And I'm very certain there were some illegal immigrants who have fallen victims to his tricks too.

Also.. I'm just wondering now.. What's the ratio of immigrant applications for all of Canada compared to the ratio of illegal immigrants? I may be selfish.. But I'd rather them putting more resources and manpower to speeding up our applications, clear their backlog, than to try and force someone who's just trying to make a basic living out of their safety zone. A legal immigrant is probably going to contribute more to the economy and society two to five times more than what an illegal immigrant takes away.

Live and let live. I think we will be alot happier that way.

just_do_it said:
This is a very difficult topic to tackle.. tells you a lot about why CBSA/ CIC etc are not on top of it.

The reason for people being in Canada illegally varies. some do it because they are avoiding a possible legal prosecution for crimes in their home countries, some do it because they have no choice and its better to work illegally in Canada than starve to death i their home country. But mostly people in these situation are just victims of circumstances and want a better life for them and their families. Mind you, being an illegal is not a better life but it may very well be better than the life they would have in their own country. so lets not judge those who we don't know anything about.

as for working illegally under the table, the person hiring such workers is actually more at fault than those working. The employer is probably getting away with not paying taxes etc himself and paying much less to the worker. I have heard of cases where employers exploit these kinds of workers by making them work for some time and not paying them and threatening to report them. so there's more exploitation towards illegal workers.

also, perhaps its good to clarify the fact that a person with no legal status in Canada is not entitled to free medical or other social services as some of you blindly believe. Even visitors with legal status have no entitlement (except for some cases).

On the reporting part, i wouldn't be surprised if people who think about or do report illegals have a hidden agenda and being a model citizen is probably not on the top of their to-do list. It could be out of jealousy or other personal matter. I bet you those who do the reporting are immigrants themselves because i have seen this mentality, especially among those from India but it may very well be present in other nationalities too, they don't like seeing others from their neck of the woods succeed in life. some even go as far as focusing more on how to get others down rather than making their lives better. I know too many of these kinds of stories where people would report to CIC about incidents being fake (even though they are genuine) just to make some people go through misery.

Remember what Russell Peters said, we don't hate people from other countries, we hate each other (by we, he referred to indians).