Report Illegal Immigrant

sogwap

Feb 18, 2010
Indiana
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I came to Canada nine months ago with the intent to marry my Canadian bride and legally immigrate.
Currently I'm still waiting for an FBI report that I originally filed for back in Nov. 2009. At the going rate I will have to wait another two months for the FBI report to be able to file for PR, under Family Class.

I found this forum in Feb 2010 after being frustrated talking to local people about immigration. After I started reading realized that my six month "visitor" legal status was going to expire. And that I did not have 30 days to renew my visitor status. So technically you could have reported me to immigration.

So far I've spent well over $10K in living expenses from savings. Money that I've put into the Canadian system. I can't work, other than helping friends. For which I haven't been paid a dime.

I'm not asking for sympathy as I should not have assumed anything about moving to Canada. But I should have better done my homework about the immigration process and that it could take a lot longer than anticipated.

Malmo

Star Member
May 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
If this person is in Canada and does not harm you, your neighbours or anyone else why report him? maybe he left the US due to a life threathening situation. I know tons of Indians who are illegal in Canada. These people work hard in order to send money back home. I know tons of Filipinos, Pakistanis, Arabs and Africans living in canada illegal aswell. Reporting them means destroying families back home.

Unless he is a criminal, don't report him. Live your own life and let him live his.

Malmo

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Illegal immigrants do hurt us.

They abuse the system and make it harder for those of us that take the legal, expensive and harder route of gaining our status legally.

They also entice racial tension from Canadian citizens, that may already have a suspicion of foreign people and then can justify their racial thoughts by pointing at all the 'illegals'.

Illegal immigrants do not pay tax's, they contribute nothing to Canadian Society, if what has been written is true then they also take all of their money out of the Country and send it to another Country.

They may well work hard, they may well not be criminals (although being an illegal immigrant they are criminals), but they do nothing for Canada, nothing for the people of Canada and abuse a system that is already tough and getting tougher because of this abuse.

sogwap

Feb 18, 2010
Indiana
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angelbrat said:
Illegal immigrants do hurt us.

They abuse the system and make it harder for those of us that take the legal, expensive and harder route of gaining our status legally.

They also entice racial tension from Canadian citizens, that may already have a suspicion of foreign people and then can justify their racial thoughts by pointing at all the 'illegals'.

Illegal immigrants do not pay tax's, they contribute nothing to Canadian Society, if what has been written is true then they also take all of their money out of the Country and send it to another Country.

They may well work hard, they may well not be criminals (although being an illegal immigrant they are criminals), but they do nothing for Canada, nothing for the people of Canada and abuse a system that is already tough and getting tougher because of this abuse.
I was technically illegal for several weeks, in that I stay beyond my six months. Yet I did none of the things that you mentioned. As a matter of fact I well over $10K money in to the system, I brought from the States.

Contrary to what you just wrote I and several others were simply saying that not all "illegal" are here abusing the system. Actually I feel quite unwelcome at times because such differences.

One more thing in the nine months that I've been here, Not one person has ever asked where I am from, unless I first said something about being from the States. So I'm not sure how you can say illegal immigrants entice racial tension.

One more thing I find it difficult to understand why it is illegal to work here, then once you gain PR status it is then expected that you work.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
@ sogwap....

on come on...be real....a PR has gone through rigid medical and background checks.....have proved themselves to be exceptable to Canadian Society....an illegal immigrant has not....

Sorry...but illegal immigrants are criminals....period...and how ever you want to dress it up...thats what they are.

Malmo

Star Member
May 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
I've seen Indian males marrying their own sisters on paper in order to bring them to Canada. Isn't this illegal? These "siblings" gets divorced later on and marry others. Tons of villages came to Canada this way.
Illegal immigrants actually take the jobs you and I wont take. Also many illegal immigrants use a friend's SIN number and thus pay taxes. One needs to look at the root cause of illegal immigration. I'm not saying that its a "good" thing. I am just saying that many of these illegal immigrants support their families back home.

Racial tensions? Do you think that only "coloured" people enter Canada illegally? Here in Scandinavia most illegal immigrants are from Romania, Slovakia and other Eastern European countries. We don't see a racial tension here nor do I remember Canada as being a place where such tensions could arise.

Illegal immigration does not have an impact on your application. Canada will allow you to enter legally if you pass the score. No matter how many illegally immigrants enter Canada every year. If you have the experience, the education and a willingness to integrate, you will be accepted.

Malmo

sogwap

Feb 18, 2010
Indiana
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angelbrat said:
@ sogwap....

on come on...be real....a PR has gone through rigid medical and background checks.....have proved themselves to be exceptable to Canadian Society....an illegal immigrant has not....

Sorry...but illegal immigrants are criminals....period...and how ever you want to dress it up...thats what they are.
Before you speak of "Illegal immigrants" being criminals, you should clarify who/what you mean. That's like calling someone who drinks an alcoholic.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
sogwap said:
Before you speak of "Illegal immigrants" being criminals, you should clarify who/what you mean. That's like calling someone who drinks an alcoholic.
Being in Canada illegally is a criminal offense....period....does that explain what I mean.

So by being an illegal immigrant you are also a criminal.....sorry there is no grey area here...that is the Canadian Law...you break the law you are a criminal.

sogwap

Feb 18, 2010
Indiana
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angelbrat said:
Being in Canada illegally is a criminal offense....period....does that explain what I mean.

So by being an illegal immigrant you are also a criminal.....sorry there is no grey area here...that is the Canadian Law...you break the law you are a criminal.
Thanks for the welcome. It gives me the warm and fuzzy feeling, When I, like you are simply trying to be here legally. I didn't come here for "better life" but to be with my Canadian bride.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
sogwap said:
Thanks for the welcome. It gives me the warm and fuzzy feeling, When I, like you are simply trying to be here legally. I didn't come here for "better life" but to be with my Canadian bride.
I didn't try....i fought hard.....paid my money did my paperwork and waited to be legal.

It was hard...at times I really wanted to break the law..but I knew I was not a criminal.

If being a crinimal makes you happy....go for it.....for me I did it the legal way and feel happy I am now a legal PR in Canada

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
But being a legal PR does not require one to be pedantic or moralistic. That is not the Canadian way.

The "minor illegal" who has honourable intentions to become legal, but overstays a TRV by a few weeks (whether intentionally or inadvertently) has very little in common with the out-and-out criminal who falsifies documents to hide a shady past and get into Canada.

To lump them together into one rigid category of "criminal" is inflexible, perhaps tending toward intolerant. Certainly it shows a disinclination to make subtle distinctions. When one thinks of what it means to be a "Canadian", these traits do not ocme to mind, thankfully.

rob_187

Apr 30, 2010
I don't see where the argument here is? If you are an illegal immigrant you have NO business staying here, it's against the law and they abuse the very system we Canadians often take for granted. I sponsored my wife legally, and I am very proud to have been born in this country. Illegal = against the law = criminal offense, if your breaking the law is it okay? How about the other 40000 illegal immigrants who make it SO hard for the other 'legal' ones to gain access to Canada, is that fair also? I say that all the people who wish to deport the illegal immigrants, thank you for serving your country.

Malmo

Star Member
May 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Go on report the illegal immigrants then. I hope you'll feel better when this guy gets deported.

Malmo

May 13, 2010
CAN I REPORT AN ADDRESS OF THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN AN EMAIL?? I KNOW THE ADDRESS... HE HAS A STUDENT VISA.. YET HE IS NOT STUDYING.. HE IS WORKING UNDER THE TABLE JOBS WHICH I FIND IT ILLEGAL AND UNFAIR FOR THOSE WHO REALLY WORKED HARD TO BE LEGAL.. AND IVE BEEN HEARING A LOT OF BAD ATTITUDE OF THIS PERSON.. HE IS STAYING FOR 1 YEAR AND 2 MONTHS.. YET HE IS NOT STUDYING.. HO MANY YEARS IS THE EXPIRATION OF STUDENT VISA?

michaelab

May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
3-09-2010
File Transfer...
27-07-2010 (to Detroit 15/09/10)
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2010 (arrived 01-11-2010)
LANDED..........
23-12-2010
If you want to make the world a better place then HELP THOSE ILLEGAL PEOPLE BECOME LEGAL. Like some poststers said maybe they don't know how to change their status or just be ignorant of the consequences. Nobody wants to have an illegal status and if they do then there are reasons behind it. It might be stupid to you but for them it made sense at that time or had no other choice for many reasons ie. having a family and would be banned.

Obviously the original poster has some issues with the guy on personal level and he's not really trying to help the society as a whole. Soo if he sees his friends break the law (any law even speeding all the time on the highway) would he tell the cop to put the trap on them so they can be caught? I mean that might help the society right? lol Come on.

Why don't you try to help those people to become legal so their family won't be torn apart. I think thats helping.