+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Report Illegal Immigrant

Amhara

Nov 20, 2009
Thank you for all your help everyone. Do you really think anything will be done if I report? Or do you think they will turn a blind eye?

ImmEnforce

Star Member
Oct 15, 2009
For speed......It's best to call a local Immigration Enforcement office. The tip line doesn't always get the fastest action.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Amhara said:
This person is in Toronto and has been living there for the last 3 years.
just wonder how one can stay in Canada illegal for 3 years without job, hiding from police. why to put yourself in such uncomfortable position? are you sure he never left the country for those years?

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had friends in Los Angeles who grew up illegal in the U.S.A., having been taken there when they were only a few years old, and when I met them they were in college. When there's a will there's a way...

Suin said:
just wonder how one can stay in Canada illegal for 3 years without job, hiding from police. why to put yourself in such uncomfortable position? are you sure he never left the country for those years?

Amhara

Nov 20, 2009
This person has never left the country. He married a Canadian citizen before the 6 months visit was over and the spouse supports him. And yes it is an uncomfortable situation because now I know about it know I have a duty as a citizen to report it. (or do I).

p.s. The spouse knows about it. Is she now an accessory?

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, now you know how to report it, so you can go ahead and do that.

Of course the spouse is an accessory.

ikaros

Nov 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
AOR Received.
November 26th 2009
File Transfer...
December 14th 2009
Med's Request
Repeated as expired, March 2010
Med's Done....
March 17th 2010
Oh my God why would you do such a thing, is that bothering you so much. Nowadays the world has more important problems than one illegal immigrant. Like for instance people who is legal but doesnt work and live of benefits you should know better. Why not trying to find out how you can help this person instead of stabbing him/her in the back.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Karlshammar said:
I had friends in Los Angeles who grew up illegal in the U.S.A., having been taken there when they were only a few years old, and when I met them they were in college. When there's a will there's a way...
Yes I know that for a fact, met some of them... broken families because they opted to stay there illegally and to legalize their stay divorced wives/husbands and got married. I would have thought it would be more difficult to stay illegally in Canada.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Amhara said:
This person has never left the country. He married a Canadian citizen before the 6 months visit was over and the spouse supports him. And yes it is an uncomfortable situation because now I know about it know I have a duty as a citizen to report it. (or do I).

p.s. The spouse knows about it. Is she now an accessory?
I don't know if the you're asking if the spouse is an accessory. But maybe the wife is just uncomfortable or fed up with the situation. Why doesn't she just kick him out (pardon me) and file for divorce? Well search it in your heart and do what it is right.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The world is full of problems, but that doesn't mean we should sit back and do nothing. We have to find the problems we can fix and fix them...

ikaros said:
Oh my God why would you do such a thing, is that bothering you so much. Nowadays the world has more important problems than one illegal immigrant. Like for instance people who is legal but doesnt work and live of benefits you should know better. Why not trying to find out how you can help this person instead of stabbing him/her in the back.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Can an illegal alien get a driver's licence, open a bank account, buy a house?

Medvedev

Nov 21, 2009
So who's the Spouse of this Guy? Your Ex Wife or Girlfriend that you want to get back at?? Someone you have eyes for?? Get a Life, Snitch!

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They can open a bank account. Don't know about houses. I think driver's licences vary from province to province. I got my Ontario DL while still a visitor and while they may have verified my status, they didn't ask me about it, so I assume an illegal might slink by.

toby said:
Can an illegal alien get a driver's licence, open a bank account, buy a house?

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So a concerned citizen reporting illegal activity to the proper authorities is a "snitch" ?
What is this, prison? "Don't go lagging to the screws, you snitch!" :D

Medvedev said:
So who's the Spouse of this Guy? Your Ex Wife or Girlfriend that you want to get back at?? Someone you have eyes for?? Get a Life, Snitch!