Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for reply @legalfalcon, I really appreciate your insight and advice. It's very frustrating to have to go back through the webform given how long it takes for anything to happen. Are there any other steps I can take in order to get more of an insight into what has happened? Would submitting another request for GCMS notes be a good idea?

In your experience is it rare for an application to completely pass eligibility only to be rejected on those grounds almost 6 months later, with no alteration to that aspect of the application? I can barely find anyone talking about similar experiences on this forum. I can't find anyone that has their eligibility denied with an incorrect NOC cited by the officer either.
IRCC has robust procedural setup, so human errors are rare, but they do happen. IF it has happened, IRCC is very quick to acknowledge it and rectify it. You can request your GCMS notes, but it will take 30-45 days for them to be released, but even if you do request your GCMS notes, you should immediately draft a well structured request fro reconsideration, and submit it to IRCC via webform. This should be your priority.

Reactions: Garry1512

worrier123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
IRCC has robust procedural setup, so human errors are rare, but they do happen. IF it has happened, IRCC is very quick to acknowledge it and rectify it. You can request your GCMS notes, but it will take 30-45 days for them to be released, but even if you do request your GCMS notes, you should immediately draft a well structured request fro reconsideration, and submit it to IRCC via webform. This should be your priority.
I'll be doing the reconsideration request today. Is there a specific inquiry type that I should submit it under, as the webform doesn't give an option for this scenario. I'm assuming I should do it under the Permanent Residency section?

worrier123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
You can raise it on the webform. This might be an error on their side. Moreover, do call also the call center and explain what happened. Mentioned also to the agent that you submitted this on the webform, so you can have a documented verbal explanation in the call center system. They might take a look on your file and reopen the case. Apparently, sometimes if they commit error from their side they will tell you they will send email but do not expect too much to receive it as sometime they don't email their error, they will just reopen your file.
Thanks, will submit the webform enquiry and also give them as call after I have done so.

james brown 123

Apr 21, 2021
Hey Man, I have absolutely no idea how to rectify this but I would also submit webforms and maybe even mailing the VO your application is at if possible. Totally sorry to this. Hopefully it's an easy reconsideration and fix on their part.

worrier123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Yeah I'll look into contacting the VO directly too. Trying to stay hopeful and assume what seems to be the most obvious explanation is actually what has happened.

worrier123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Yeah, it doesn't make much sense to me that when they're working through a backlog of cases that once my eligibility was passed, it would be reviewed again over 6 months later, with that decision overruled. I haven't found too many examples on here of people having something like this happen, so I'm hopeful (and desperate obviously!) that it's a mistake of some kind. It's so stressful!

worrier123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
I did, they weren't much help really. Just told me what I already knew from here re: applying for reconsideration. They also said that officers consistently check your case throughout the application process, that I could have been rejected as my circumstances may have changed or they might have found out more information. None of that really seemed to apply to this situation though so it was as good as an automated response. I've made an appointment with a consultant I've spoken to a couple of times already and have drafted a letter for the webform, hopefully it won't be too long before I hear something.

Karanbir29

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
I did, they weren't much help really. Just told me what I already knew from here re: applying for reconsideration. They also said that officers consistently check your case throughout the application process, that I could have been rejected as my circumstances may have changed or they might have found out more information. None of that really seemed to apply to this situation though so it was as good as an automated response. I've made an appointment with a consultant I've spoken to a couple of times already and have drafted a letter for the webform, hopefully it won't be too long before I hear something.
Good Luck. Hope you get your PR soon.

Reactions: worrier123

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
Thank you both! Hope i've got something good to report soon.
I am sorry to hear that. I would be curious to see if agent reject or not (hopefully not for you). Since they need so many temporary workers and create the new policy, I am wondering if they would reject or reconsider CEC's files. I have a review required since my letter of employment did not show duties. I'll see if I got a rejection or not....

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
I hope they give you the chance to provide the information and correct the lack of information!
it's review required since march 9th as per gcms notes. No decision so far from the officer...but I can see they still reject...