+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding visitor visa for brother

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna is it advisable to wait for some time or should be withdraw the application?
.I have answered this question. Do go through this thread.

Is there some reason why you want to withdraw her application? It won't work though.

Have you ever seen any such case before? What was the outcome?
This is not unusual. Maybe IRCC is doing checks on certain facts of her application.... or else maybe her application has been selected by a random process for audit purposes

samteshwar

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
.I have answered this question. Do go through this thread.

Is there some reason why you want to withdraw her application? It won't work though.

This is not unusual. Maybe IRCC is doing checks on certain facts of her application.... or else maybe her application has been selected by a random process for audit purposes
@Bryanna Thank you again.
1. Oh I may have missed your answer and no there’s no reason to withdraw just thought if we apply again may be it will be processed faster next time.

2. Good to know that it is not an unusual practice.

3. Just last question, if application crosses 31st December this year in process then we will have to give biometrics?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna Thank you again.
1. Oh I may have missed your answer and no there’s no reason to withdraw just thought if we apply again may be it will be processed faster next time.
No, it won't help. In any case, the visa office decides if someone is allowed to withdraw an application.

3. Just last question, if application crosses 31st December this year in process then we will have to give biometrics?
The visa office will let you know if it is required

samteshwar

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
@Bryanna Today around 12.36pm IST we have received a visitor acknowledgment letter via email for same application. It says application is in queue. Is this a standard email confirming NDVO is the primary visa office?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna Today around 12.36pm IST we have received a visitor acknowledgment letter via email for same application. It says application is in queue. Is this a standard email confirming NDVO is the primary visa office?
This is a standard process. Her application is being actively processed. Hopefully she will get a decision soon

samteshwar

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
@Bryanna I didnot include any itinerary or flight bookings, do you think if it’s a good idea to create one and send using CSE now?
Also, in my application I have mentioned that my dad (he already holds visa) is traveling with grandma too, will that weaken the case?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna I didnot include any itinerary or flight bookings, do you think if it’s a good idea to create one and send using CSE now?
It's not advisable to book tickets until visas are granted. It won't help if you send tentative bookings/flight itineraries now.

Also, in my application I have mentioned that my dad (he already holds visa) is traveling with grandma too, will that weaken the case?
I don't know the complete facts of your grandmom's case. However, an approval will depend on the paperwork that proves she will return to India at the end of a short visit. One of these reasons must be she has family ties to return to

samteshwar

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
It's not advisable to book tickets until visas are granted. It won't help if you send tentative bookings/flight itineraries now.

I don't know the complete facts of your grandmom's case. However, an approval will depend on the paperwork that proves she will return to India at the end of a short visit. One of these reasons must be she has family ties to return to
@Bryanna the family ties are very strong as she has 3 married daughters, 2 siblings in India. I mentioned that in family information form and even in cover letter.
She doesn’t have any property in her name but she has fixed deposits and post office deposits which renew every year and she earns interest on them.
I did include a very good CA valuation report in name of my father and mother though.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna the family ties are very strong as she has 3 married daughters, 2 siblings in India. I mentioned that in family information form and even in cover letter.
From a visa perspective, her married daughters and her siblings are not family ties to return to.... unless she has submitted evidence to show she lives with them and/or they are dependent on her.

She doesn’t have any property in her name but she has fixed deposits and post office deposits which renew every year and she earns interest on them.
These FDs and Post Office deposits are automatically renewed for the same term as stated when these investments were first made.... unless the account holder instructs otherwise. In other words, these are not compelling reasons to return.

I did include a very good CA valuation report in name of my father and mother though.
Assets owned by your parents cannot be shown as reasons for your grandmom to return to India. Nor can it be shown as your grandmom's financial situation.

As your grandmom has already applied, you can hope for the best

samteshwar

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
From a visa perspective, her married daughters and her siblings are not family ties to return to.... unless she has submitted evidence to show she lives with them and/or they are dependent on her.

These FDs and Post Office deposits are automatically renewed for the same term as stated when these investments were first made.... unless the account holder instructs otherwise. In other words, these are not compelling reasons to return.

Assets owned by your parents cannot be shown as reasons for your grandmom to return to India. Nor can it be shown as your grandmom's financial situation.

As your grandmom has already applied, you can hope for the best
@Bryanna alright, she lives with us only. Anyway thank you so much for all your responses. Can’t thank you enough!

Keeping fingers crossed now!