+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding visitor visa for brother

samteshwar

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
Probably some internal processes were done on her application. Hopefully, she'll get a decision before the end of this week
@Bryanna all the changes occurred between 11.30am to 2pm ET, is the file being processed in Canada?
Any idea at what time does CPC-Ottawa send decisions or PPRs?
I remenber when I was waiting for PR, mine came at around 9.08 PM ET.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna all the changes occurred between 11.30am to 2pm ET, is the file being processed in Canada?
Any idea at what time does CPC-Ottawa send decisions or PPRs?
I remenber when I was waiting for PR, mine came at around 9.08 PM ET.
Your grandmom's TRV application is being processed by one of IRCC's global visa offices, not necessarily in her home country nor CPC-O

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna I wrote an email to know the status, I received response from CPC-Ottawa that file is under review and requires additional verifications. Processing time would be outside normal processing times. Is there anything to worry about?
Has the visa office requested to submit any additional documents?

It most likely seems like IRCC is doing some checks and this could take time

samteshwar

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
Has the visa office requested to submit any additional documents?

It most likely seems like IRCC is doing some checks and this could take time
@Bryanna can it take some months or is it better to withdraw the application? Can there be SS in TRV? Will fees be refunded?

No, they didn’t ask for any documentation instead I sent one PDF file before review started to prove relationship. I sent my father’s passport’s copy to prove it.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna can it take some months
Unfortunately, there's no way of knowing.

1. Did your grandmom work in the police, defense services, or a government department? Or did she live in a high-risk country?
2. Was she refused a visa to another country? If yes, did she declare it in the TRV application?
3. Hope her application/ evidence is factually correct, and there are no inconsistencies.

or is it better to withdraw the application?
It won't help to withdraw the application. It's for the visa office to allow the application to be withdrawn even if you request it.

Will fees be refunded?
Zero possibility

samteshwar

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
Unfortunately, there's no way of knowing.

1. Did your grandmom work in the police, defense services, or a government department? Or did she live in a high-risk country?
2. Was she refused a visa to another country? If yes, did she declare it in the TRV application?
3. Hope her application/ evidence is factually correct, and there are no inconsistencies.

It won't help to withdraw the application. It's for the visa office to allow the application to be withdrawn even if you request it.

Zero possibility
1. No, she never worked in defence or police. Till 2004 she was working in our family business as store manager then she retired.
I mentioned both, till 2004 and from 2004-present as retired home maker.
Does the word retired create issue?

2. She has never ever applied for any visa before, she has never traveled abroad.

3. We submitted everything correct. Just for funds we included all FDRs and deposits in her name, my parent’s name and in my name. Is that an issue?

4. Does IRCC ask for additional documents in these types of cases?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. No, she never worked in defence or police. Till 2004 she was working in our family business as store manager then she retired.
I mentioned both, till 2004 and from 2004-2014 as retired home maker.
Does the word retired create issue?
There's no issue with that.

2. She has never ever applied for any visa before, she has never traveled abroad.
Okay

3. We submitted everything correct. Just for funds we included all FDRs and deposits in her name, my parent’s name and in my name. Is that an issue?
Not an issue

Any medical conditions?

samteshwar

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
There's no issue with that.

Okay

Not an issue

Any medical conditions?
@Bryanna No medical conditions, she is 75 and with god’s grace absolutely fit.

Does IRCC ask for additional documents in these cases?

I didn’t get invitation letter notarised, It was hand-written letter by me because I saw someone else doing that and they got visa.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna No medical conditions, she is 75 and with god’s grace absolutely fit.

Does IRCC ask for additional documents in these cases?
May or may not ask for additional documents. That said, it seems IRCC is investigating/running checks on some aspect of her application. Your guess is as good as mine.

I didn’t get invitation letter notarised, It was hand-written letter by me because I saw someone else doing that and they got visa.
Notarization was not required

samteshwar

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
May or may not ask for additional documents. That said, it seems IRCC is investigating/running checks on some aspect of her application. Your guess is as good as mine.

Notarization was not required

Let’s hope the decision arrives well within normal processing times. Thanks for your responses @Bryanna

Last edited: