+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document (Urgent)

NaAzaAn

May 26, 2021
yes after Afghan problem I sent the request on aug 29 I got it sept 2, I spoke with them everyday and all said I have to wait except the last one she was very helpful with me and I think she is the one who proceeded my request
Wait till when??did they say anything about how long we should wait for normal system?

Samcanadaa

Sep 4, 2021
Wait till when??did they say anything about how long we should wait for normal system?
They didn't say to me that they suspended processing urgent travel requests they just said to me that they have a huge backlog webform messages one of them said to me it might take 15 business days but after insisting on getting it faster they sent me the link in 3 business days. If your request is not urgent I don't think they will look at it but if it's urgent I think the best thing is to keep calling them and hopefully, one agent will help you

Reactions: NaAzaAn

Nick_150

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
They didn't say to me that they suspended processing urgent travel requests they just said to me that they have a huge backlog webform messages one of them said to me it might take 15 business days but after insisting on getting it faster they sent me the link in 3 business days. If your request is not urgent I don't think they will look at it but if it's urgent I think the best thing is to keep calling them and hopefully, one agent will help you
Coronavirus - Certificate of Identity (COI) and Refugee Travel Document (RTD) services in Canada

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring COVID-19 and any impacts on IRCC clients.

COI and RTD services are available for urgent travel only. To obtain these urgent services, please follow the instructions on our website.

If you’re outside Canada, we invite you to contact the nearest Canadian embassy or consulate.

For more information on the situation and to receive the latest updates, we invite you to visit our website regularly.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you:

Is this the link cause I just got this ?

Samcanadaa

Sep 4, 2021
Coronavirus - Certificate of Identity (COI) and Refugee Travel Document (RTD) services in Canada

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring COVID-19 and any impacts on IRCC clients.

COI and RTD services are available for urgent travel only. To obtain these urgent services, please follow the instructions on our website.

If you’re outside Canada, we invite you to contact the nearest Canadian embassy or consulate.

For more information on the situation and to receive the latest updates, we invite you to visit our website regularly.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you:

Is this the link cause I just got this ?
No I mean the epost link to submit my application

Samosami

Feb 6, 2021
Hello,

Here's my timeline,

I have sent them few webforms in the begging of August they replied auto replies of what is needed to be included in the webforms and I got frustrated then I got a detailed response and gave a detailed one back, I had all documents prepared so on Aug 12th I mailed in my application and then sent in a web form explaining my urgency, ( I attached my documents as well - there's no need for thia step -, I did not fill an epost link as I already mailed in the application and wrote attention urgent on it and sent in the urgent request before it arrived to them.

They replied to with an email on the 13th of Aug saying

'' We have verified the information you provided. We are pleased to advise you that we have forwarded your request for a Certificate of Identity (COI) or Refugee Travel Document (RTD) to the responsible office.''

Early September they called my references, today I got my travel document in registered mail (total timeframe is less than 2 months.

Remember, the web forms you are talking to humans however when your request is missing a part they will reply with an automated email, if there's something you don't understand explain in your next webforms and aak why you were refused
Hope this helps.

TThanks

Last edited:

Nick_150

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
Hello,

Here's my timeline,

I have sent them few webforms in the begging of August they replied auto replies of what is needed to be included in the webforms and I got frustrated then I got a detailed response and gave a detailed one back, I had all documents prepared so on Aug 12th I mailed in my application and then sent in a web form explaining my urgency, ( I attached my documents as well - there's no need for thia step -, I did not fill an epost link as I already mailed in the application and wrote attention urgent on it and sent in the urgent request before it arrived to them.

'' We have verified the information you provided. We are pleased to advise you that we have forwarded your request for a Certificate of Identity (COI) or Refugee Travel Document (RTD) to the responsible office.''

Early September they called my references, today I got my travel document in registered mail (total timeframe is less than 2 months.

Remember, the web forms you are talking to humans however when your request is missing a part they will reply with an automated email, if there's something you don't understand explain in your next webforms and aak why you were refused
Hope this helps.

TThanks
I`ve been sending webforms since spetember 3 and not one got to me, and talked an agent on september 20 and said there was nothing from me ,then she notified them for me ,and I called on Monday and it was same agent and said to wait another week and sugested me not to send by mail. They should remove the word ”urgent” cause is not urgent at all making you wait this long.

Nick_150

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
Hello,

Here's my timeline,

Hope this helps.

TThanks
What was your anticipated travel date , did they finalized it before the date ?

And if what you say about the webforms that they reject with automated email is true ,then I tell you that it happened that I sent webform really late night and I got automated email some minutes later .

Last edited:

NewinKit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
I`ve been sending webforms since spetember 3 and not one got to me, and talked an agent on september 20 and said there was nothing from me ,then she notified them for me ,and I called on Monday and it was same agent and said to wait another week and sugested me not to send by mail. They should remove the word ”urgent” cause is not urgent at all making you wait this long.
The annoying part is they keep giving contradicting information. I for instance was told to send it by mail and state on the envelope it's urgent and others are advised to apply online via the epost link (which isn't being sent these days).

Nick_150

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
The annoying part is they keep giving contradicting information. I for instance was told to send it by mail and state on the envelope it's urgent and others are advised to apply online via the epost link (which isn't being sent these days).
did you send by mail in the end ?

Nick_150

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
I finally got the epost link after calling them everyday until I got to talk to a nice and helpful lady .

Now ,do I need to scan all documents including the passport photo ? I also have the expiered RTD ,need to sent it back ?

Thank you in advance .

Reactions: Cool2021

Cool2021

Jul 30, 2021
I finally got the epost link after calling them everyday until I got to talk to a nice and helpful lady .

Now ,do I need to scan all documents including the passport photo ? I also have the expiered RTD ,need to sent it back ?

Thank you in advance .
congrats, how did you get it? Did you send webform and then called or just called?

Reactions: Nick_150