+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document (Urgent)

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
Hi people,

I didn't receive my RTD yet I am going to tell you my RTD application steps.
First I send the RTD application file through Canada express post with the tracking number, I have also sent my original PR card which was a big mistake. When I fill the RTD application form I write my friend as a guarantor who is an engineer. (Btw I send my documents on June 19 and they received them on June 22. My application reason wasn't urgent, but things changed and turned to urgent, so I wrote an explanation letter and send it through IRCC web-form on July 31st. They send me an e-post link on August 2nd and want me to upload some documents through the link but I have already send my document by using Canada Post as a physical file. After that, I've called them on August 4th to explain my situation like how I send my documents first hand and why I need to travel urgently. In that call, the agent put a note on my file. A couple of weeks later I call them again to ask the status of my file, but the agent told me I have to wait. A month later, they call me and my guarontor but they couldn't reach us because the number was No Caller ID, so they leave a voicemail which was saying they have called my guarantor but couldn't reach him they will call him again in 2-3 days, so I informed my guarantor and he talked with them when they call him next day. After they talk with my guarantor they call me but couldn't reach me again too. This time, the agent send me another voice mail that says my guarantor wasn't on the list and I am going to receive a letter in 7 days. 2 days ago I received a Canada Post Xpress mail which include "Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor" form and the letter that I need my ID and Photos get signed by Notary Public, so I went to Notary Public with my new Passport photos, and I followed all instructions (Btw it cost me $140 total). After I send my notary signed IDs and photos through the Ottawa Office, I called them yesterday and said I have to flight ASAP, but the agent told me I have to wait. So that is the whole process. I hope it helps someone.
What’s ur suggestion for RTd application? Should I apply ? Though there is no urgency but if I get to then I can reunite my family..

Jan 10, 2017
Hello guys,

I applied the my urgent travel document by mailing application to the Gatineau office because there was no reply from IRCC through web form and I also mentioned the reason of applying RTD urgently in my application with my company's letter . I applied on Oct 6, and they debited fee on October 18. Today I called IRCC and they confirmed that my application was accepted for urgent travel and in process. My travel date is November 30th. I hope by that time I would get my travel document. Can anyone please give me the timeline for urgent RTD process?

jad123

Jun 15, 2021
Hello guys,

I applied the my urgent travel document by mailing application to the Gatineau office because there was no reply from IRCC through web form and I also mentioned the reason of applying RTD urgently in my application with my company's letter . I applied on Oct 6, and they debited fee on October 18. Today I called IRCC and they confirmed that my application was accepted for urgent travel and in process. My travel date is November 30th. I hope by that time I would get my travel document. Can anyone please give me the timeline for urgent RTD process?
Hello, I'm in the same situation as you. My account was debited also on the 18 of October. Still checking the mail everyday but didn't receive it yet

Jan 10, 2017
Hello, I'm in the same situation as you. My account was debited also on the 18 of October. Still checking the mail everyday but didn't receive it yet
Let's keep each other updated on our progress. How did you apply epost or paper application?
When did you apply for RTD?

Znkdgn

Jul 26, 2021
Guys, it's been almost 6 month I check my post box everyday I am getting obsessive about it. When I call them they said I have nothing to do but wait. I should have travel 3 days later and I am hopeless! I don't know how some people got their document in 2 weeks.

Znkdgn

Jul 26, 2021
What’s ur suggestion for RTd application? Should I apply ? Though there is no urgency but if I get to then I can reunite my family..
I can't give you any suggestion unfortunately, but if it's not urgent, you may apply when everything turn to normal. Cuz you know this application normally takes 2 weeks.

NewinKit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Guys, it's been almost 6 month I check my post box everyday I am getting obsessive about it. When I call them they said I have nothing to do but wait. I should have travel 3 days later and I am hopeless! I don't know how some people got their document in 2 weeks.
Are you sure people got urgent RTD in 2 weeks? Even before the pandemic it used to take 3-4 weeks..

Ngozi echeka

Oct 27, 2021
Good evening everyone, please can someone seek for asylum outside Canada,
I really don't know how to go about it and I urgently need help on that
Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good evening everyone, please can someone seek for asylum outside Canada,
I really don't know how to go about it and I urgently need help on that
Thanks in advance.
Where are you located? Are you living in your home country? Have you already been officially recognized as a refugee by UNHCR?

The short answer is that you cannot apply for asylum directly from outside of Canada.

Znkdgn

Jul 26, 2021
Guys,
I have been waiting since May, and 3 weeks ago I called the IRCC to ask the status of my application, so the agent told me that my application is on production step, but I am about the run out of my patience. Is there anyone in the same situation as me? I am thinking about complain, but I don't know how to do that.