+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document (Urgent)

2MM22

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hi,hope you will get your RTD soon.
Did you provide any proof for your urgent travel or just write travel reason in the webform?
Thanks. I only wrote them why I need to travel. No proof. First webforum they rejected me because I was not clear about the travel date. Second webforum I sent the same reason with exact travel date and they asked me to submit my application through e-post.

Reactions: NaAzaAn

Cool2021

Jul 30, 2021
Thanks. I only wrote them why I need to travel. No proof. First webforum they rejected me because I was not clear about the travel date. Second webforum I sent the same reason with exact travel date and they asked me to submit my application through e-post.
When did you sent webforum request?

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
When did you sent webforum request?
Today I called to ircc and ask them about my urgent travel document application. After long wait of 40 minutes. They agent told me that It’s in process, I said I know it’s in process I applied for urgent travel and it has been five weeks. He said he can only see it’s in process.

Znkdgn

Jul 26, 2021
I finally got my travel document!
Hey, I am in the same situation as you. I have send my photo and IDs which is get signed by notery and send it through xpresspost. I just want to ask you how and where did you receive your RTD, and did they tell you that you are going to get your document? Or you just found it on post box?

Saas1982

Sep 28, 2021
Guys today I spoke to agent. They are no longer replying any of webforum requests for urgent travel documents. You will receive a automatic generic reply. In other words we no longer can renew urgent travel documents under the name of afghanistan. Agent is literally lying to me . She said that they are still processing 2 days urgent travel documents. No one is getting specific reply for webforum request. You will receive a generic reply which leads to nowhere.

there is only way to end this stupidity. Call 888 242 2100. Follow the instructions and speak to real agent and complain that you are not receiving specific replies. When They receive More complaints issue will be notified to supervisors . If not they will not start urgent travel documents renewal for next 6 months. Volume of Afghanistan cases are too high . They will not finish it anytime soon

NaAzaAn

May 26, 2021
Guys today I spoke to agent. They are no longer replying any of webforum requests for urgent travel documents. You will receive a automatic generic reply. In other words we no longer can renew urgent travel documents under the name of afghanistan. Agent is literally lying to me . She said that they are still processing 2 days urgent travel documents. No one is getting specific reply for webforum request. You will receive a generic reply which leads to nowhere.

there is only way to end this stupidity. Call 888 242 2100. Follow the instructions and speak to real agent and complain that you are not receiving specific replies. When They receive More complaints issue will be notified to supervisors . If not they will not start urgent travel documents renewal for next 6 months. Volume of Afghanistan cases are too high . They will not finish it anytime soon
Why they don’t get back to normal??We have the right to have a travel document and go outside of Canada. it’s unfair and against humanity.

Saas1982

Sep 28, 2021
Why they don’t get back to normal??We have the right to have a travel document and go outside of Canada. it’s unfair and against humanity.
I work (indirectly) with some of the government’s agencies. They don’t give any shit about fairness . They will always bow down to political pressures. Only other time they try to do something when they receive hell lot of calls/ complaints regarding specific issues.

at the moment (unofficially ) renewal of travel documents are suspended indefinitely until Afghanistan cases are processed. Canada is expected to in take 20000 to 30000 refugees from Afghanistan expected completed with in year according to Toronto Sun.

only way to put the pressure on IRCC is send the web forum and if you receive generic Reply call agent and put the pressure on them . Eventually they will somehow open the system

Samcanadaa

Sep 4, 2021
Today I called to ircc and ask them about my urgent travel document application. After long wait of 40 minutes. They agent told me that It’s in process, I said I know it’s in process I applied for urgent travel and it has been five weeks. He said he can only see it’s in process.
Any update?

Nick_150

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
I called and spoke with an agent and told me they got nothing from me ,even known I kept sending webforms for over a month .The agent then notified them to contact me but 2 weeks and nothing .No matter what happens to you ,you can`t travel . Waited 6 years for the hearing ,1 year for Pr ,2 years counting for citizenship , now unkown for how long for a crappy travel document when you need the most . Justice = 0

Samcanadaa

Sep 4, 2021
I called and spoke with an agent and told me they got nothing from me ,even known I kept sending webforms for over a month .The agent then notified them to contact me but 2 weeks and nothing .No matter what happens to you ,you can`t travel . Waited 6 years for the hearing ,1 year for Pr ,2 years counting for citizenship , now unkown for how long for a crappy travel document when you need the most . Justice = 0
Hi I have been in this situation before I called many times until one agent told me to send it by mail and then call them to give them the tracking number, but in the end I didn’t do it because I got the link 10 min after the call

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Well, IRCC doesn't seem that they will respond soon. After I sent 7 webforms with a valid reason, all I keep getting is their automated message and tried calling severally to no avail, I had no choice than to go renew my home passport yesterday. Afghanistan issue seem to be the main priority for them and only God knows when it will end. So I have to use an alternative passport to travel soon.

martian90

Sep 1, 2013
Hello,

I'm looking for help for a friend. On the IRCC website, it says that you can send in Travel Document applications even if not urgent, they will process it when services return to normal. My friend does not want to travel urgently but wants to apply for a Travel Document. See below.

IRCC Website: If you submitted an application for a refugee travel document or certificate of identity, we’ll process it when service returns to normal.

Can she apply for it now? She does not care how long it will take. Another question, can it be refused based on the fact that it is not urgent?

Again, she just wants to apply so she can eventually get it.

Saas1982

Sep 28, 2021
Hi I have been in this situation before I called many times until one agent told me to send it by mail and then call them to give them the tracking number, but in the end I didn’t do it because I got the link 10 min after the call
when did receive the link ? Recently? Seems they are no longer processing any urgent travel documents services. Did you speak after Afghanistan issue?

Samcanadaa

Sep 4, 2021
when did receive the link ? Recently? Seems they are no longer processing any urgent travel documents services. Did you speak after Afghanistan issue?
yes after Afghan problem I sent the request on aug 29 I got it sept 2, I spoke with them everyday and all said I have to wait except the last one she was very helpful with me and I think she is the one who proceeded my request