+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document (Urgent)

miaa_00

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Please write your travel date. I wrote an estimate date ( Mid september ) and I was rejected. Second time I sent the same email with exact date ( September 15, 2021) and I was sent an e-post link to submit my application. Still waiting for my RTD because my photo was rejected and had to resubmit.
hey!
did you receive your RTD?

Jan 10, 2017
Please write your travel date. I wrote an estimate date ( Mid september ) and I was rejected. Second time I sent the same email with exact date ( September 15, 2021) and I was sent an e-post link to submit my application. Still waiting for my RTD because my photo was rejected and had to resubmit.
How do you know it was rejected? Did they contact you?

hassiko

Aug 19, 2021
RTD department is a real mess! They have absolutely zero coordination with each other. My wife and I both applied by mail for non-urgent then attempted to apply for urgent because an urgency has come up. They are processing my application by mail method by calling me and asking me for tracking number and are processing my wife's application via e-post!!!! I have submitted the application for my wife by e-post and they have not opened it yet! If this is not a mess what is it? I have sent webforms to see what is going on and they keep sending me the same generic response!!! They have ZERO coordination with each other. I was asked by the agent to call IRCC but I cannot reach an agent at all! I have given up on our RTD honestly!
Hello. I just want know something.I applied non urgent too, . How can you changed to urgent rdt?

2MM22

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Did you get any reply after that?
Then I sent another webforum with the exact date of travel but same reason. Then they sent me e-post instruction and I submitted my application on August 15. But now they are not replying to my webforums about the status of my RTD application.

Samcanadaa

Sep 4, 2021
Then I sent another webforum with the exact date of travel but same reason. Then they sent me e-post instruction and I submitted my application on August 15. But now they are not replying to my webforums about the status of my RTD application.
do you know if they called your references or guarantor?

Cool2021

Jul 30, 2021
Hi,
I’ve applied three times with reason and exact date of travel got automated reply which says “resources are allocated to Afghanistan”.

Does anyone have Idea when will they start accepting regular application?

or Has anyone got approved recently?

thanks

Znkdgn

Jul 26, 2021
Hi people,

I didn't receive my RTD yet I am going to tell you my RTD application steps.
First I send the RTD application file through Canada express post with the tracking number, I have also sent my original PR card which was a big mistake. When I fill the RTD application form I write my friend as a guarantor who is an engineer. (Btw I send my documents on June 19 and they received them on June 22. My application reason wasn't urgent, but things changed and turned to urgent, so I wrote an explanation letter and send it through IRCC web-form on July 31st. They send me an e-post link on August 2nd and want me to upload some documents through the link but I have already send my document by using Canada Post as a physical file. After that, I've called them on August 4th to explain my situation like how I send my documents first hand and why I need to travel urgently. In that call, the agent put a note on my file. A couple of weeks later I call them again to ask the status of my file, but the agent told me I have to wait. A month later, they call me and my guarontor but they couldn't reach us because the number was No Caller ID, so they leave a voicemail which was saying they have called my guarantor but couldn't reach him they will call him again in 2-3 days, so I informed my guarantor and he talked with them when they call him next day. After they talk with my guarantor they call me but couldn't reach me again too. This time, the agent send me another voice mail that says my guarantor wasn't on the list and I am going to receive a letter in 7 days. 2 days ago I received a Canada Post Xpress mail which include "Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor" form and the letter that I need my ID and Photos get signed by Notary Public, so I went to Notary Public with my new Passport photos, and I followed all instructions (Btw it cost me $140 total). After I send my notary signed IDs and photos through the Ottawa Office, I called them yesterday and said I have to flight ASAP, but the agent told me I have to wait. So that is the whole process. I hope it helps someone.

NewinKit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Hey everyone,

Is it necessary to include my original travel document if i am applying for a new one? or just a copy of it would do?

Thanks!