+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document (Urgent)

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
Now a days they are processing only urgent RTD and you did right first you need to send them web form (Link below) mentioning them the reason for urgent travel and once they consider request they will send us a link where apply for RTD through ePost (I got mine with same process) If you send forms directly through post it will be considered normal and people are waiting from months to get their RTD.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

select
Certificate of identity/Refugee Travel document.

if your request considered you will receive ePost link on your email and instructions.
Yes that's what i did... and they said they didn't understand the inquiry :(
I clearly mentioned why we need urgent rtd

skmcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
Yes that's what i did... and they said they didn't understand the inquiry :(
I clearly mentioned why we need urgent rtd
Try to send another webform there must be some misunderstanding. Select correct option Certificate of identity/Refugee Travel document as webform are for multiple purposes hopefully you will get positive response within 48 hours as we got. Many people got urgent RTD with same process.

Reactions: Saba321

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
Try to send another webform there must be some misunderstanding. Select correct option Certificate of identity/Refugee Travel document as webform are for multiple purposes hopefully you will get positive response within 48 hours as we got. Many people got urgent RTD with same process.
Thank you. I will do that.. and update here as well.. some officers don't know what they are doing :(
Some tell different things and some tell totally opposite things :(

gudlivin

Jan 11, 2020
Hello, Kindly advise
I first sent my application for renewal of RTD and later this week I got to know about the said webform so I filled it right away and this is dear response I got through email the next day.

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided. We are pleased to advise you that we have forwarded your request for a Certificate of Identity (COI) or Refugee Travel Document (RTD) to the responsible office."

Does it mean that my request to expedite the processing of my application for urgent travel has been accepted?

Thank you
Can someone with prior experience advise me on this please

Keliwal

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Hi,
I submitted my application on 3 June 2021. I sent my old RTD as well along with my application through epost. I called the IRCC today they told me that the RTD office is waiting for your old RTD.
I sent the Canada post tracking number with my application, not sure why they couldn’t receive my old RTD. How long does it take to process RTD these days? Please share your experience.
Thanks,