+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document (Urgent)

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello Guys how are you ?
Please i ask for help and advice
I am a refugee that i got my decision on 1st of july and it was positive
Now i am planning to visit my family ( wife and daughter ) that i didn't see them since almost 2y and celebrate my daughter's 8th birhtday
I wanted to ask if that is an urgent matter or no while knowing that the morale condition of my daughter is not good because she is missing me

Thank you
I guess your question is, if that is urgent matter to fasttrack your RTD, Passport officer will decide but include your itinerary. On a side note, i suppose you meet your wife and child on a third country, NOT the country you fear persecution as basis of your claim.

2myr18

Aug 16, 2016
Egypt
I guess your question is, if that is urgent matter to fasttrack your RTD, Passport officer will decide but include your itinerary. On a side note, i suppose you meet your wife and child on a third country, NOT the country you fear persecution as basis of your claim.
Yeah i am going to meet her in Algeria my country of fear was Egypt
And i don't know if they consider meeting family and urgent matter or no that's why i am asking

Keliwal

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Hi,
Anybody got updates on urgent RTDs? It’s been 20 days that I have submitted my application, no updates yet.

Sheekritee

Star Member
Oct 6, 2019
Can I travel to Japan with refugee travel document? I tried to search but couldn’t find the answer. Could anyone please help me?

gudlivin

Jan 11, 2020
Send a webform to explain your situation and attach a supporting documents if you have.
You will receive an email from them within 5 days that ask you to send the documents online, and they will tell you all the instructions.
Hello, Kindly advise
I first sent my application for renewal of RTD and later this week I got to know about the said webform so I filled it right away and this is dear response I got through email the next day.

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided. We are pleased to advise you that we have forwarded your request for a Certificate of Identity (COI) or Refugee Travel Document (RTD) to the responsible office."

Does it mean that my request to expedite the processing of my application for urgent travel has been accepted?

Thank you

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
My husband send a webform request for RTD. He received reply from IRCC agent that they couldn't understand what he is inquiring about.
He clearly mentioned that he want to apply for travel document
Please can anyone help me with a sample letter webform request for RTD.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
My husband send a webform request for RTD. He received reply from IRCC agent that they couldn't understand what he is inquiring about.
He clearly mentioned that he want to apply for travel document
Please can anyone help me with a sample letter webform request for RTD.
Did he complete application forms, pay and send to COI/RTD office? Im lost when you say he sent webform to apply for RTD. You dont raise webform as an application

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
Did he complete application forms, pay and send to COI/RTD office? Im lost when you say he sent webform to apply for RTD. You dont raise webform as an application
Well someone told me that we have to send them a request first through webform that we need to RTD and then they can send some kind of portal request.
Do we need to fill up form first and then send webform request ???
Thank you

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Well someone told me that we have to send them a request first through webform that we need to RTD and then they can send some kind of portal request.
Thank you
That was wrong, thats why they didnt understand your request. It takes simple google search to retrieve all the forms, read instruction, fill them, find guarantor and send to Passport office. Not by webform

Reactions: Saba321

skmcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
Thank you
Now a days they are processing only urgent RTD and you did right first you need to send them web form (Link below) mentioning them the reason for urgent travel and once they consider request they will send us a link where apply for RTD through ePost (I got mine with same process) If you send forms directly through post it will be considered normal and people are waiting from months to get their RTD.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

select
Certificate of identity/Refugee Travel document.

if your request considered you will receive ePost link on your email and instructions.

Reactions: Saba321