+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

betterlife999

Star Member
Sep 25, 2021
I am reposting over here for some guys. Web Forum doesn’t work anymore. If you don’t call IRCC they will not process your applications. Some people are waiting over 6 months
Guys
I got my Travel document today .

here is my time line
1) sent all my documents by mail on October 3
2)called IRCC every single day until October 12 an agent agree to refer to urgent processing (+1 - 888 -242 -2100 then press 3 - 5 - 2 - 0 to get Agent )
3) Credit card was charged Oct 22
4) Received Travel document by post November 20

Tips
1) Web forum doesn’t work anymore. Send paper based applications and mention urgent on top of envelope)

2 ) call IRCC until a agent agree to flag your application for urgent processing

3) mention a health reasons for purpose of travel . They will not ask any proof . Attached a letter with applications.

Good luck guys
Thank you very much for the above Imp information
my query is to know more about Guarantor Formalities and criteria

I read the complete information in section I on form PPTC 190 form
DECLARATION OF GUARANTOR

my question is who can be my guarantor ?
do i need to hire ADVOCATE / LAWYER ?

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
Hi guys
My RTD is expiring in two months from now and I would like to get one urgently. Could you guys help me with this based on your experience? I need tips to get one urgently to travel.
Thanks

afacan16

Sep 21, 2021
Hello everyone. I have a question regarding to applying RTD. Do I have to send my PR card or a photocopy of my card is ok ?

juliapark

Mar 19, 2019
I am reposting over here for some guys. Web Forum doesn’t work anymore. If you don’t call IRCC they will not process your applications. Some people are waiting over 6 months
Guys
I got my Travel document today .

here is my time line
1) sent all my documents by mail on October 3
2)called IRCC every single day until October 12 an agent agree to refer to urgent processing (+1 - 888 -242 -2100 then press 3 - 5 - 2 - 0 to get Agent )
3) Credit card was charged Oct 22
4) Received Travel document by post November 20

Tips
1) Web forum doesn’t work anymore. Send paper based applications and mention urgent on top of envelope)

2 ) call IRCC until a agent agree to flag your application for urgent processing

3) mention a health reasons for purpose of travel . They will not ask any proof . Attached a letter with applications.

Good luck guys

Can I ask what did you tell them? That you need this proceed urgently and then you got a "no" from an agent and then you ended the conversation and tried again? Until one said yes?

Saas1982

Sep 28, 2021
Can I ask what did you tell them? That you need this proceed urgently and then you got a "no" from an agent and then you ended the conversation and tried again? Until one said yes?
yes . some agents will not agree with that. call them until an agent agree to flag it for urgent processing . always say some health reasons for travelling

afacan16

Sep 21, 2021
Some questions are so funny how can you send your PR card to anyone? When you apply for PR did you send your original Refuge ID to the Immigration? You can send it to me so I can use it to clean toilet.
but you gave your passport and everything when you applying to refugee claimant right ? (you might say "it's not a same thing" but unfortunately it is.) don't try to be funny and sarcastic at this forum. If you don't have answer for any question mind you business. what a pity you are..

Reactions: Masjuy and Simba112

lucas101

Aug 22, 2018
ORD
Some questions are so funny how can you send your PR card to anyone? When you apply for PR did you send your original Refuge ID to the Immigration? You can send it to me so I can use it to clean toilet.
You must be a fool for responding that way on a public forum that has been so helpful. Everyone knows when applying for RTD, original docs are always required so the op is not out of place to ask if Original PR cards wil be submitted along the application. If you don't have answers to the question it is so cool for you to walk past but rather you chose to display your animalistic attitude to the world.

Reactions: Alikhan115674