+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Well it just a question you if can't answer it then keep quiet, I only know a city in Cameroon with that name.
It was stupid question to ask in public. I understand its your ignorance but you could overcome by simple google search prior to your exposure. by the way you don't decide when and how to comment.....

Behzad90

Aug 19, 2021
if you wanna apply through ePost (for urgent travel) first thing you have to do is sent webform and write your reason for urgent travel and if you have any document which can prove urgency attach it, if you will be considered they will send you ePost link and instructions to apply.
I have sent webform with reason for urgent travel document yesterday and received following email. Is it common, will they send epost link separate if they considered my application

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

In order to respond to the high volume of enquiries related to the situation in Afghanistan we have shifted resources in our Client Support Centre and are responding to priority enquiries only.

We will respond to these priority enquiries only:

· Clients in crisis situations (like those affected by the situation in Afghanistan)

· Clients facing vulnerable circumstances (emergency and urgent requests)

· Clients who need to tell us about a change in their circumstances, which has a direct impact on their application (like marriage, birth of a child, or similar)

· Clients who are submitting documents requested by one of our officers

· Changes in contact information

· Requests to withdraw an application or refunds

· Ask questions about the 2021 invitations to apply to sponsor parents and grandparents

If your enquiry is NOT one of the priority enquiries listed above, you will not receive a reply.

If you included attachments with your enquiry, rest assured that they will be added to your file shortly.

Enquiries about applications

Even if you haven’t heard from us recently, your application remains in process. You don’t need to do anything else at this time. We’ll contact you if we need more information. You can also check the status of your application online.

We strongly invite you to use the available self-serve options that might be helpful to you on IRCC’s website including:

· Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.

We understand that timely access to client support is important. Thank you for your patience.

Please do not reply to this email.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

www.cic.gc.ca

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have sent webform with reason for urgent travel document yesterday and received following email. Is it common, will they send epost link separate if they considered my application

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

In order to respond to the high volume of enquiries related to the situation in Afghanistan we have shifted resources in our Client Support Centre and are responding to priority enquiries only.

We will respond to these priority enquiries only:

· Clients in crisis situations (like those affected by the situation in Afghanistan)

· Clients facing vulnerable circumstances (emergency and urgent requests)

· Clients who need to tell us about a change in their circumstances, which has a direct impact on their application (like marriage, birth of a child, or similar)

· Clients who are submitting documents requested by one of our officers

· Changes in contact information

· Requests to withdraw an application or refunds

· Ask questions about the 2021 invitations to apply to sponsor parents and grandparents

If your enquiry is NOT one of the priority enquiries listed above, you will not receive a reply.

If you included attachments with your enquiry, rest assured that they will be added to your file shortly.

Enquiries about applications

Even if you haven’t heard from us recently, your application remains in process. You don’t need to do anything else at this time. We’ll contact you if we need more information. You can also check the status of your application online.

We strongly invite you to use the available self-serve options that might be helpful to you on IRCC’s website including:

· Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.

We understand that timely access to client support is important. Thank you for your patience.

Please do not reply to this email.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

www.cic.gc.ca
This is a standard reply they send to everyone. It doesn't mean anything in terms of your specific request.

vi4371df

Nov 28, 2021
Thanks for your detailed insight. I am pretty sure this post has helped clarify a lot of questions to a lot of people. I have a question of my own that I would appreciate if anyone can provide an insight about:

I recently became a PR and it is a known issue that IRCC is taking 5-6 months to print and mail the PR card. My question is can I apply for the RTD and attache the COPR ONLY as my support while waiting for the card to be received in the mail?

Going through the application, it only lists the PR card as one of the proofs of status in Canada and is wondering if listing the COPR as acceptable proof was missed on their side as it does not make sense to me that they would accept the PR card and not the COPR which is accepted by every other government department in the country.

Saas1982

Sep 28, 2021
Thanks for your detailed insight. I am pretty sure this post has helped clarify a lot of questions to a lot of people. I have a question of my own that I would appreciate if anyone can provide an insight about:

I recently became a PR and it is a known issue that IRCC is taking 5-6 months to print and mail the PR card. My question is can I apply for the RTD and attache the COPR ONLY as my support while waiting for the card to be received in the mail?

Going through the application, it only lists the PR card as one of the proofs of status in Canada and is wondering if listing the COPR as acceptable proof was missed on their side as it does not make sense to me that they would accept the PR card and not the COPR which is accepted by every other government department in the country.
Yes you can . COPR is acceptable immigration documents. You can even travel with it .

Saas1982

Sep 28, 2021
I am reposting over here for some guys. Web Forum doesn’t work anymore. If you don’t call IRCC they will not process your applications. Some people are waiting over 6 months
Guys
I got my Travel document today .

here is my time line
1) sent all my documents by mail on October 3
2)called IRCC every single day until October 12 an agent agree to refer to urgent processing (+1 - 888 -242 -2100 then press 3 - 5 - 2 - 0 to get Agent )
3) Credit card was charged Oct 22
4) Received Travel document by post November 20

Tips
1) Web forum doesn’t work anymore. Send paper based applications and mention urgent on top of envelope)

2 ) call IRCC until a agent agree to flag your application for urgent processing

3) mention a health reasons for purpose of travel . They will not ask any proof . Attached a letter with applications.

Good luck guys

Reactions: NaAzaAn