+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

NaAzaAn

May 26, 2021
Talked to an agent yesterday and he said that you will not be penalized for citizenship if you sent your Passport or your RTD to IRCC.
What if applicant tear up the original passport??my friend got back his original passport from IRCC,then he didn’t need it,so he tore it up.

shrfkhtb

Oct 22, 2020
I mailed my application on Oct 1st and today they took fee from credit card.

Have they charged your credit card yet?
Actually, I paid online and sent a receipt with the application. So you mailed your application as urgent with no webform ? did you receive any epost link ?

Jan 10, 2017
Actually, I paid online and sent a receipt with the application. So you mailed your application as urgent with no webform ? did you receive any epost link ?
No, I haven't received any epost link. I decided to mail my application and wrote a letter explaining why I need my travel document urgently.

shrfkhtb

Oct 22, 2020
No, I haven't received any epost link. I decided to mail my application and wrote a letter explaining why I need my travel document urgently.
I did the same but I don't know if this works or we have to receive an epost link. Did you ask about it?

Jan 10, 2017
I did the same but I don't know if this works or we have to receive an epost link. Did you ask about it?
My application received at their office on October 6th and they charged fee from my credit card on October 18th. Yesterday I called IRCC the agent told me that my application seems like in process but she can't check due to server is down today. I called again today and different lady said she don't have a system to check my application.

shrfkhtb

Oct 22, 2020
My application received at their office on October 6th and they charged fee from my credit card on October 18th. Yesterday I called IRCC the agent told me that my application seems like in process but she can't check due to server is down today. I called again today and different lady said she don't have a system to check my application.
I called them two days ago on Wednesday , the agent verified my information .But it seems that the application is not on the system yet.I told him I need RTD as I'm traveling middle of November , and the tracking number and ticket was sent in a web form also like 5 days before calling him. So at the end he told me they will call in two days or beginning of next week which should be Monday . So I don't know what's going on ?

Samcanadaa

Sep 4, 2021
I applied urgent on Sept 1st got the RTD on Oct 19. My application was approved on the third week of sept but took them forever to print it. They sent way after my actual travel date so I don't think they even care about the travel date

Vijanti

Mar 3, 2021
HI, hope everyone is doing well. i have an urgent requirement if anyone with some experience in the matter can please advise me.
i have to travel to Georgia on an urgent requirement, on their official website it says conflicting information. they say
Table 1: List of Countries whose Citizens and permanently residing stateless persons may Enter Georgia
without Visa for 1 (One) Full Year (Unless Otherwise Noted)- Canada is mentioned on the list.

However on the same page they have a tab that says ' do i need a visa' when i put in all the information it says no visa required however in the fine print it says for short visa ordinary visa is required. I'm very confused i would really appreciate if anyone with a RTD travelled to Georgia in the recent time can provide me with some details.
Really appreciate the help

Jan 10, 2017
I called them two days ago on Wednesday , the agent verified my information .But it seems that the application is not on the system yet.I told him I need RTD as I'm traveling middle of November , and the tracking number and ticket was sent in a web form also like 5 days before calling him. So at the end he told me they will call in two days or beginning of next week which should be Monday . So I don't know what's going on ?
When did you send your application?

Jan 10, 2017
Hello guys,

I applied the my urgent travel document by mailing application to the Gatineau office because there was no reply from IRCC through web form and I also mentioned the reason of applying RTD urgently in my application with my company's letter . I applied on Oct 6, and they debited fee on October 18. Today I called IRCC and they confirmed that my application was accepted for urgent travel and in process. My travel date is November 30th. I hope by that time I would get my travel document.