+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Guys i couldnt find someone to sign my documents as a guarantor to get The travel document,do you think the pptc 326 will work if send iti mean can i get travel document if send the pptc326 ?
What is the difference between the guarantor and the pptc326v
My family doctor refused to sign and my lawyer has been moved to another city which is 3hours far away from me so i couldnt fine one to sign.
You could send the paper to your lawyer with return postage to send it back to Canada you. If you have a family doctor they usually sign for a fee but they may not know you well enough to sign. Signing paperwork or writing letters is not covered by the government so you usually need to pay for these services. Hopefully you didn’t waste an appointment just to ask this question and called first.

nada.m.s1993

Sep 30, 2019
hello
I plan to travel to Hungary That do not require a visa for RTD holders.

I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS:-
1- I AM NOT PR YET IS THERE ANY PROBLEM ?

2-I've heard that there are some airlines prevent the RTD holders to Ride to the plane even if the country you going to dose not require visa ? is that right ?

thanks

Sarah0211

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
I booked my flight to Germany with Air Canada operated by LUFTHANSA , anyone have any experience with that airline as a RTD holder with PR in processing? If they won’t allow RTD, I have to cancel my tickets/trip.

nada.m.s1993

Sep 30, 2019
I booked my flight to Germany with Air Canada operated by LUFTHANSA , anyone have any experience with that airline as a RTD holder with PR in processing? If they won’t allow RTD, I have to cancel my tickets/trip.
This is what i am asking about
So if any one knows the answer tell as please

Reactions: Sarah0211

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Guys i couldnt find someone to sign my documents as a guarantor to get The travel document,do you think the pptc 326 will work if send iti mean can i get travel document if send the pptc326 ?
What is the difference between the guarantor and the pptc326v
My family doctor refused to sign and my lawyer has been moved to another city which is 3hours far away from me so i couldnt fine one to sign.

I used this document because i havent a guarantor too ... it will take mooooore time with this form pptc326... around 6 months for my case .

You cant find it in pdf form anywhere ... only sended by post canada if you request it ... p assport canada is no longer processing the travel document ... immigration canada is doing it now .... so call the immigration canada call center (extremely hard to get on the phone)

Reactions: hamasi

Albertooo

May 17, 2018
And which country in Europe can we go without visa in our RTD??

!!!! Warning !!!! : I give this list for informational purposes ONLY ... Some of these territories or countries still apply for a visa for permanent Canadian resident card holders when they do not have a normal passport (refugee travel document) . It is therefore always necessary to contact the embassy, the consulate, or the high commission before the trip to be sure.

Outside Canada[edit]
For visa-free travels, Canadian permanent residents require a PR card, unless the person's passport in itself is sufficient for exemption. A Canadian PR card holder may travel visa-free to the following countries if not already exempt:

For non-visa-exempt nationals, UK allows holders of a valid PR card issued after 2002 to transit without visa under TWOV program.[21]

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_permanent_resident_card#Outside_Canada

Last edited:

trabyta

Oct 7, 2019
Dear Rainbowbee
On behalf of all refugees, I must Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1 say "Thank You very Much" for sharing this detailed information. Really it will help to get the minds clear about traveling as well as the issuance of RTD.
keep posting we need such kind of updates
once again thanks
May Allah bless you.
regards
After I received a positive decision on my refugee claim, soon I applied for RTD and was able to get it. It says that the RTD validity period is determined by the issuing office. In my case it was issued for 2 years. I personally know at least four other cases, where people applied for RTD before becoming PRs and received it also for 2 years. So I guess it’s safe to assume that majority of people, before PR will get it for 2 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mano1110786

xxffgg

Aug 13, 2019
After I received a positive decision on my refugee claim, soon I applied for RTD and was able to get it. It says that the RTD validity period is determined by the issuing office. In my case it was issued for 2 years. I personally know at least four other cases, where people applied for RTD before becoming PRs and received it also for 2 years. So I guess it’s safe to assume that majority of people, before PR will get it for 2 years.
Indeed.. it seems like RTD is issued for 2 years before PR and 5 years after PR.

NewinKit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
how long did it take for your RTD to be processed and recieved? And thanks

Fadi208

Oct 10, 2019
I called Lufthansa and AirCanada today! None of their agents could figure it out. Now I am getting worried. Please if anyone used those airlines, let me know.
You don't need a visa to travel to Germany, Air Canada and Lufthansa's employees at the airport know that, because they check IATA which says that RTD holders issued by Canada are exempted from obtaining a visa.