+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

xxffgg

Aug 13, 2019
Hello guys.

Anyone applied for Schengen Visa through Polish Consulate? What do I need to show as the document that permits me to re-enter canada,? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure the RTD itself is sufficient proof to re-enter Canada.. Notice of Decision might help too..

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Greetings friends,

I am a protected person in Canada I got my RTD and I travelled in one opportunity to US for 3 days and came back.

This time Im planning to go again but for a longer period. My permanent residency is still in process.
My questions are :

1. Can I travel outside of Canada while they are processing my Permanent Residency?
2. Is there any maximum time that I can to be outside of Canada or not?

great. Have you got US Visa on your RTD or you had US visa from your country passport. share your experience please

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Just came back from Budapest it was very smooth and no visa required
Hello ,

I have a question ( same as i asked Ghess23 ) :

Hungarians customs officers in Dubrovenik have they put you a new stamp, or they have been satisfied with the German stamp that was enough? ( have you been in germany before ? ) ... Thank you .

Skyline2019

Feb 14, 2019
Hello, refugee travelling with rtd via china (Beijing transit) can obtain on arrival visa ? Just want to to go out for a short time period during transit stay?
Any experiences travelling back to canada froM china?

rafk

Jan 4, 2019
Hello,
Anyone who traveled to Northern Cyprus or Republic of Cyprus please share your experience

Raphaell

Jul 6, 2019
Canada
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to let you know that I've finally received my RTD from the U.S. Consulate.. They stamped a 10-year valid Visa and it took 14 business days from the day of my interview..

I'll be travelling soon, I'll post my experience here after my travel..
Congrats on your 10-years US visa. I'm currently apllyingf for a U.S visa, and I want to find out if I should use a relative address (a distant relative that I'm not close to) or I should use a hotel address as the place I plan on staying during my vacation.
I want to ask if you told them you plan on staying with relatives in the US or you plan on staying in other places (such as a hotel). Thanks

xxffgg

Aug 13, 2019
Congrats on your 10-years US visa. I'm currently apllyingf for a U.S visa, and I want to find out if I should use a relative address (a distant relative that I'm not close to) or I should use a hotel address as the place I plan on staying during my vacation.
I want to ask if you told them you plan on staying with relatives in the US or you plan on staying in other places (such as a hotel). Thanks
I have a distant relative as well, I tried to contact her before filling DS-160 form but I wasn't able to.. so I provided an Hotel Address.

The visa office asked if I have a relative though.. to which I answer that I have a distant relative but its been a while since we last talked.. "any direct relative in the U.S.?" the V.O. asked again, to which I said No.. that was all..

Raphaell

Jul 6, 2019
Canada
I have a distant relative as well, I tried to contact her before filling DS-160 form but I wasn't able to.. so I provided an Hotel Address.

The visa office asked if I have a relative though.. to which I answer that I have a distant relative but its been a while since we last talked.. "any direct relative in the U.S.?" the V.O. asked again, to which I said No.. that was all..
Thank you for your quick response

Skyline2019

Feb 14, 2019

Did u had US visa previously on your passport befre claiming asylum and did u made illegal crossing from us border to canada?

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Guys i couldnt find someone to sign my documents as a guarantor to get The travel document,do you think the pptc 326 will work if send iti mean can i get travel document if send the pptc326 ?
What is the difference between the guarantor and the pptc326v
My family doctor refused to sign and my lawyer has been moved to another city which is 3hours far away from me so i couldnt fine one to sign.