+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

NewinKit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Hello all,

When flying to Germany without a PR and only RTD, should you always take direct flight? (air canada or Lufthansa) or are flights with Stops in dublin or Paris okay? Since we can enter Germany with no visa..

Reactions: FRM

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Unfortunately it has to be one of the professionals listed on the check list.. if your friend is a PA (Professional Accountant) a PEng (Professional Engineer) Police, Teacher, etc.. he/she can sign.. if not, you'll have to complete form PPTC 326 at any Passport Program regional office...
If i fill the form,will it work?i mean is that enough to fill that form to get the travel document?

Fpas

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Not yet... still waiting..

the Interview was pretty straight forward.. they asked if I had a job, where in the U.S. i'm planning to go, for how long, if I've been in the U.S before, if I have any immediate family in the U.S. and they asked if my previous visa was cancelled or revoked to which I answered it was seized by Canadian authorities.. after that the VO didn't ask for any supporting documentation on my answers, and said "Your visa is approved".. I did not handle a single sheet of paper to the VO.. just my RTD..
Hello!! Have you received any response? How long did your Visa take to arrived?

xxffgg

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
If i fill the form,will it work?i mean is that enough to fill that form to get the travel document?
not sure how is the process as I used my family doctor as guarantor.. I think you have to fill that form, take it to a Passport Office closer to you.. they will sign or whatever.. and then you enclose that form with your application..

If someone have taken that path, please help this folk here...

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
Hey Guys, FYI I was in Germany and Croatia this summer, entered both with no questions asked, one question reason for visit = tourism and they stamp.

I want to go to cuba, PR in process, any tips? need visa? airlines that are okay with RTD, any tips at all or experiences?

Reactions: FRM

NewinKit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Hey Guys, FYI I was in Germany and Croatia this summer, entered both with no questions asked, one question reason for visit = tourism and they stamp.

I want to go to cuba, PR in process, any tips? need visa? airlines that are okay with RTD, any tips at all or experiences?
What airline did you use and what city did you land in? Thanks!

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
I took a direct flight to and from Toronto/Berlin with AirCanada, and from Germany to Croatia, I flew Berlin to Dubrovenik and back with airline EasyJet.
Hello ,

I have a question :

Croatian customs officers in Dubrovenik have they put you a new stamp, or they have been satisfied with the German stamp that was enough? ... Thank you

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
No they have to do another stamp, cause you are entering a foreign country, Croatia is not part of Schengen, so he stamps it.

xxffgg

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to let you know that I've finally received my RTD from the U.S. Consulate.. They stamped a 10-year valid Visa and it took 14 business days from the day of my interview..

I'll be travelling soon, I'll post my experience here after my travel..

Reactions: Shaii and Ghess23

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to let you know that I've finally received my RTD from the U.S. Consulate.. They stamped a 10-year valid Visa and it took 14 business days from the day of my interview..

I'll be travelling soon, I'll post my experience here after my travel..
What did you give them as reason for the visa? i live in Toronto adn i would love the 10 years visa too as US is close and I can go to nice places that are very close

xxffgg

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
What did you give them as reason for the visa? i live in Toronto adn i would love the 10 years visa too as US is close and I can go to nice places that are very close
I told them the whole truth and nothing but the truth... I want to spend Vacations in the U.S...

2MM22

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hello guys.

Anyone applied for Schengen Visa through Polish Consulate? What do I need to show as the document that permits me to re-enter canada,? Thanks.

lucas101

Aug 22, 2018
ORD
Please who can sign my guarantor form for my RTD for me can I use public Notary and who knows organisations that can help me fill the PR forms.