+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

xxffgg

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Thank you for your information,but the thing is, i put all the information, but it says there is no match information! Should i check the permanent resident or VOS?
You should select the "Refugees" option...
Type the exact same information you provided on the application..

LoneRider

Jul 4, 2017
Hi All!

Can somebody tell me any experience of visiting China with Refugee Travel Document after PR? I have applied for Citizenship but it is in process and i need to travel next year in April-May. I am not sure if i will receive Canadian passport till then (hopefully i will), so i will apply for Travel Document.

Please let me know if China Accepts Travel Document or not. It will be an organized trip for 10 Days Only.
I have travelled to China with RTD and didn't have any issue getting in and out of the country.

Reactions: Mano1110786

Rayan75

Star Member
Dec 25, 2017
** This is a question on behalf of my friend, please help her find the right answer.

I live in Ottawa, ON and I hold a Refugee Travel Document from Canada, but No PR yet (applied for PR, still in the process).

My question is:

Can I travel to Australia over Christmas break for 2 weeks without visa?

Australia requires visa for my original country of citizenship but I do not want to use that passport to travel for safety reasons and also I don't want to revoke my Canadian refugee status.

Last edited:

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
** This is a question on behalf of my friend, please help her find the right answer.

I live in Ottawa, ON and I hold a Refugee Travel Document from Canada, but No PR yet (applied for PR, still in the process).

My question is:

Can I travel to Australia over Christmas break for 2 weeks without visa?

Australia requires visa for my original country of citizenship but I do not want to use that passport to travel for safety reasons and also I don't want to revoke my Canadian refugee status.

Hi you can’t travel without Visa.. you have to get Visa first on your travel document.

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Hi there!!!

It’s urgent can someone help
Me plzzzzz. I am a convention refugee already applied for PR but my work permit got expired on 31 October 2019. Now I don’t know how to reapply

Mohsan48098

Nov 2, 2019
Hope everyone is doing well. I am planing to travel on RTD. Can i transit through Dubai airport and board the plane for Canada on RTD?

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Hey guys, did anyone go to italy wihout a visa, just RTD?
If you have a valid Canadian Refugee Travel document, you are exempt from both the visa and eTA requirements. If you are a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. and don't have a passport, you can apply for an eTA with a valid U.S. Refugee Travel Document (I-571).

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
If you have a valid Canadian Refugee Travel document, you are exempt from both the visa and eTA requirements. If you are a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. and don't have a passport, you can apply for an eTA with a valid U.S. Refugee Travel Document (I-571).
That’s what google is saying it’s better that I call Italian embassy

FRM

Nov 4, 2019
I have travelled to China with RTD and didn't have any issue getting in and out of the country.
Hi
My parents have RTD and applied for PR (they are not PR yet). Can they travel via China?
They want to go to India (they have visa) Do you have any information about the countries they can transit without visa?

FRM

Nov 4, 2019
Hi everyone,
in June this year, I travelled to Europe: Germany, Austria, Portugal with no visa.
A few days ago I travel to Greece. I check-in in Calgary. As I have RTD ground staff have to check everything manually. They told me everything is Ok, Greece is a part of Shengen zone so I don't need a visa. But, Greek Border Police didn't allow me to enter into the country. They send me to detention, and deported back to Canada a day after.
Did you have the same or similar experiences and what you recommend to me to do?
Hi
Did you have your PR when travelled to Germany?
and when was it?

FRM

Nov 4, 2019
Hey Guys, FYI I was in Germany and Croatia this summer, entered both with no questions asked, one question reason for visit = tourism and they stamp.

I want to go to cuba, PR in process, any tips? need visa? airlines that are okay with RTD, any tips at all or experiences?
Hi
Just to be clear, you didn't have your PR?

Do you know what is the difference between transit visa and air transit? I want to know if with RTD we can transit via Frankfurt to India?