Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
My agent said she doesn't want to give me false hope because one of their applicants who received PPR with an ongoing background check was rejected. That's why I'm apprehensive
What does it say under "Final Decision"?

trang.ng.pharm

Sep 13, 2019
The general link available on IRCC. I chose the office as Riyadh because in my GCMS Riyadh was the primary office, not only that I received my AIP from Riyadh. So I was sure that my file is being processed in Riyadh.
All the best to you
Hi there, where did you choose the office, as I did webform before to change the email, it only has some category to choose from: change document, temporary residence, change contact... then go ahead and fill in the information, I don't see the section where I could choose the office.
Could you please share with me more? Thank you.

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
What does it say under "Final Decision"?
If your agent is for real.. That would be the only time I've heard of where someone got a PPR and then got refused.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
My agent said she doesn't want to give me false hope because one of their applicants who received PPR with an ongoing background check was rejected. That's why I'm apprehensive
You cannot receive PPR without having Criminality and Security passed. Do share the PA's Nationality who was refused after PPR. It's an one off case so do not make conclusions.

Smep

Aug 27, 2019
If your agent is for real.. That would be the only time I've heard of where someone got a PPR and then got refused.
She said the reason for refusal was the POF. The refusal letter stated the bank name and how much money was on the account.

Although I haven't touched my POF I'm still apprehensive

Smep

Aug 27, 2019
You cannot receive PPR without having Criminality and Security passed. Do share the PA's Nationality who was refused after PPR. It's an one off case so do not make conclusions.
Yes I shouldn't overthink things. Thanks

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
  • Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.
You are fine. I think your profile remains largely unchanged on GC account until the counterfoil is stamped. Once that's done they update your profile and everything turns to complete. Logically that's how it would go.
@jigzyy looking for your input again.

Reactions: jigzyy and Smep

Smep

Aug 27, 2019
You are fine. I think your profile remains largely unchanged on GC account until the counterfoil is stamped. Once that's done they update your profile and everything turns to complete. Logically that's how it would go.
Thank you

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Here you go:

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • August 27, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.
@Rajivk937 ( Indian SDS ) received PPR and you can see the status update quoted above. Background check is still in progress. I don't think he was refused since he received BVL.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
IP1: you don't receive an email here
(Background check) Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

IP2: you don't receive an email here
(Background check) We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

So this is normal. That's the message which is supposed to be there before finalising PPR.

Reactions: Smep

BIG_T

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
United Arab Emirates
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
07-08-2020
My GC account application status is the same... And my PP is with the IRCC office in Abu Dhabi waiting to get stamped. I'll let you know how it goes.
How many days has it been since you have handed your passport to VFS ?

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
That exactly what happens.

Reactions: Smep