+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

Sep 20, 2015
I_love_van said:
Hi NotAnotherJonny,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, it really help a lot.
One more question, have your ECAS ever changed to "Decision Made" before you received the refusal letter in CIC account?
Hello I_love_van. Sorry I've never received any info about your post. Now Im checking page by page and found it.
You asked me for what was the ECAS status before refusal letter.
That was on page #108.
I will tell you I never checked thet ECAS staus. Now I tried to check it and shows no results whatever number Im typing in.

Beside that I got a feeling the worst time is coming for me. My employer tried to get LMIA for some employees in other branches
of the company, twice with no luck ( different applications, both for PR purposes). Job offer is still valid but there is no go without LMIA.
I tried to get some more points with my school diploma processed through IQAS. No luck as there is different law back home about
issuing any documents and request forms from here are not accepted in English . Tried to find other employer with LMIA or who can get one.
No luck, some hiring people even don't know that they need to obtain LMIA for foreign worker. Other say they tried with some guys to get that LMIA - no luck,
so they left to find another job.
In refusal letter I was asked to remove my any references from any job seeker and remove my profiles. I never had any profile with any job seeker in Canada.
So now is even more difficult to find new job.
This is crazy, I know people who arrive more less in the same time, also they had some documents prepared by employers with some mistakes,
but anyway after all they got PRs. They had to upload Schedule A, where asked to send other document once again etc.
Maybe after new year something will change.

Thank you for your attention...

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NotAnotherJonny said:
Hello I_love_van. Sorry I've never received any info about your post. Now Im checking page by page and found it.
You asked me for what was the ECAS status before refusal letter.
That was on page #108.
I will tell you I never checked thet ECAS staus. Now I tried to check it and shows no results whatever number Im typing in.

Beside that I got a feeling the worst time is coming for me. My employer tried to get LMIA for some employees in other branches
of the company, twice with no luck ( different applications, both for PR purposes). Job offer is still valid but there is no go without LMIA.
I tried to get some more points with my school diploma processed through IQAS. No luck as there is different law back home about
issuing any documents and request forms from here are not accepted in English . Tried to find other employer with LMIA or who can get one.
No luck, some hiring people even don't know that they need to obtain LMIA for foreign worker. Other say they tried with some guys to get that LMIA - no luck,
so they left to find another job.
In refusal letter I was asked to remove my any references from any job seeker and remove my profiles. I never had any profile with any job seeker in Canada.
So now is even more difficult to find new job.
This is crazy, I know people who arrive more less in the same time, also they had some documents prepared by employers with some mistakes,
but anyway after all they got PRs. They had to upload Schedule A, where asked to send other document once again etc.
Maybe after new year something will change.

Thank you for your attention...
I think the removing of profile from job seeker is specifically for job bank. Its pretty much the standard statement even if you delete your profile from mycic. You can always create a new profile with new email ID.

gavakava

Oct 21, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
I have heard of such cases where a person who had his PR application rejected got his nomination transferred to a new EE profile. I do not have evidence to confirm this. May be someone who had their nomination transferred can comment?
if you have your PR application rejected you cannot just transfer the nomination to a new EE profile. You have to contact the relevant person/authority who nominated you, explain to them what happened and request them to nominate you again. So you have to create a new EE profile and then pass the new EE profile number on to them and they have to go into the system and pick you again. Only way ! I have been through this.
Cheers !

Alokuk692

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Hi Guys I have received an ITA in the 21 st draw and I have a question regarding the submission of Employer's reference letter.
I am required to provide my Employer's reference letter in India and UAE. However, neither has agreed to do so.

The best I can do is get my Managers in both the organizations to sign such a letter on a plain paper attach their business card along with it and also my Pay slips

Do you think that should be enough ?

Also since I have 56 days more left to submit my docs , do I need to do it way before that or even on the 50 th Day would be good enough ?

jasonmac5

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2015
AOR Received.
31-12-2015
Med's Done....
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
Hello Seniors

I have a question. i will be filing for my application sometime this month. Here is my question, My last employment was with a start-up in india. for the first 10 days i worked remotely (mainly thru emails and phone calls) as i was involved in business development from another location outside india. so while filling up my personal history, should i mention this in particular that i was working remotely or i dont need to mention this ?

kindly advice

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
REASONS FOR REJECTION

like reasons why you are rejected! not a topic to ask questions., but a topic to read thru every page and find different reasons why people WERE rejected in the past and try to avoid doing the same in your application :-X

gavingan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yelena said:
REASONS FOR REJECTION

like reasons why you are rejected! not a topic to ask questions., but a topic to read thru every page and find different reasons why people WERE rejected in the past and try to avoid doing the same in your application :-X
Totally agree!

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
yelena said:
REASONS FOR REJECTION

I think there should be two brand new threads that benefit all folks:

"Rejected - Here's why"
"Fear of Rejection - help needed"

That way folks who actually got rejected will select the first one, and folks who have questions related as to whether they could get rejected or not will pick the latter.

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomneversfield said:
I think there should be two brand new threads that benefit all folks:

"Rejected - Here's why"
"Fear of Rejection - help needed"

That way folks who actually got rejected will select the first one, and folks who have questions related as to whether they could get rejected or not will pick the latter.
Yes, I totally agree.

Let's follow this from now on.

Dec 2, 2015
My first application was rejected because I did not include proof of foreign work experience which had given me points. However, I was not asked to upload this information in my personalised document checklist. Only my CAN work experience.

I have my second ITA and this time I am being asked to include the employer reference letter, payslips etc for my foreign work experience in my personalised document checklist.

I don't really understand how I could be rejected for not submitting something that I was not asked to supply. Maybe it was a glitch in the system? I have not heard of this happening to anyone else.

I just wanted to share since this is a thread dedicated to reasons why people have been rejected.

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
michellecanada said:
My first application was rejected because I did not include proof of foreign work experience which had given me points. However, I was not asked to upload this information in my personalised document checklist. Only my CAN work experience.

I have my second ITA and this time I am being asked to include the employer reference letter, payslips etc for my foreign work experience in my personalised document checklist.

I don't really understand how I could be rejected for not submitting something that I was not asked to supply. Maybe it was a glitch in the system? I have not heard of this happening to anyone else.

I just wanted to share since this is a thread dedicated to reasons why people have been rejected.
Thanks for sharing and sorry you had to go through an unpleasant (and possibly unfair) rejection experience. Did you submit a CSE when you got rejected? Also, from the time you got AOR till you got a rejection letter, how long did it take? Days, few weeks, or 10+ weeks?

arthur1980

Dec 8, 2015
Hello guys
I got rejection few months ago. I think there might be two reasons.
1. Contract from my work says I will have job as long as I will have valid work permit. I was working with Open Work Permit in this time. Immigration officer says the job offer was designed to obtain a work permit. So more less Im sure the contract format have to be changed.
2. I was hired as skilled NOC employee at the time when I had Open Work Permit and another permit from apprenticeship board Alberta allowing me to work in my proffesion with a certified person supervising me, until I will pass my exam. Was it OK, to hire me as a skilled worker in that time ? Or I should be hired when after I received new Work Permit which allowed me to work in my trade only? My friend is arguing with me about dates all time.

As the refusal letter didn't say anything about being hired before and after new WP. I think just the contract the way is written was wrong. I hope after new year will apply again ( fingers crossed )

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arthur1980 said:
Hello guys
I got rejection few months ago. I think there might be two reasons.
1. Contract from my work says I will have job as long as I will have valid work permit. I was working with Open Work Permit in this time. Immigration officer says the job offer was designed to obtain a work permit. So more less Im sure the contract format have to be changed.
2. I was hired as skilled NOC employee at the time when I had Open Work Permit and another permit from apprenticeship board Alberta allowing me to work in my proffesion with a certified person supervising me, until I will pass my exam. Was it OK, to hire me as a skilled worker in that time ? Or I should be hired when after I received new Work Permit which allowed me to work in my trade only? My friend is arguing with me about dates all time.

As the refusal letter didn't say anything about being hired before and after new WP. I think just the contract the way is written was wrong. I hope after new year will apply again ( fingers crossed )
Sorry to hear that. I have been working in my field and have an 'Open Work' permit as well. After reading your story I have checked my contract and there is no 'clause' to that effect. Wish you well for the New Year.

arthur1980

Dec 8, 2015
I was just reading my refusal letter again. There is another explanation of refusal. It looks like I shouldn't be hired as skilled person just with Open work permit, apprenticeship board work permit and LMO.

"In accordance with section 11.2 of the Act and Subsection 82(1) of the Regulations, I am refusing your application because I have found that you do not possess the qualification on the basis of which you were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h)."

Now I don't know if this lack of qualification is not proper contract or that I was hired as NOC skilled person before CIC Work Permit was issued for this. Im trying to find a thread for a case like this on forum but usualy reason is people don't upload supporting documents of experience or education. Does anyone know where to go here ?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems like you entered a qualification to get CRS points and did not upload the evidence in order for them to assess it. That or what you submitted was short of the 'evidence of qualification' they were looking for.

I'm in a slightly different situation where I'm awarded points for Work on the basis of months (not days). Got an ITA but scared that if I submit they may reject saying 'You did not have the work experience your ITA was based on at the date if issue). Before the day '60' I will have the experience but am unsure of accepting/declining the ITA. Am waiting for my Case Specific Inquiry to be answered.

As I said in another post, the silly thing is that the applicant cannot do anything to alter the situation.