+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xheikh said:
Hi Guys,

My IELTS is going to expire in Jan,2016 while I get ITA for 20 dram and will submit my application in Nov/Dec,2015. Will I need to re-take the exam or not. Once we submit the complete application will CIC ask for IELTS to do it again if expiring soon.

Any suggestions.
Not if you submit the application before the test expires.

Natali14

Jul 6, 2014
Hi Guys,

Can anybody tell me how they informed you about rejection? Is it first through my cic? if so how the status changes? Or do they email you? in two days my six month waiting time is going to be finished and I got an email regarding update on my application two days ago, but when I signed in the whole table for status was changed as if I haven't even got the invitation, and today when I login it says your status is unavailable (it logs in but does not show the status). I was wondering if that could be a sign that they already decided on my rejection?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Natali14 said:
Hi Guys,

Can anybody tell me how they informed you about rejection? Is it first through my cic? if so how the status changes? Or do they email you? in two days my six month waiting time is going to be finished and I got an email regarding update on my application two days ago, but when I signed in the whole table for status was changed as if I haven't even got the invitation, and today when I login it says your status is unavailable (it logs in but does not show the status). I was wondering if that could be a sign that they already decided on my rejection?
The refusal letter arrives in your MyCIC as a message followed by status change on MyCIC on the same day or the following day. In your case, it is probably a system glitch. Recommend that you send a CSE right away if you haven't done so already.

miltoncsekuet

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
8 Oct 15
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Jan 2017
Med's Done....
Re Medical Jan 2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2017
LANDED..........
March 2017
Natali14 said:
Hi Guys,

Hi

Did you check the status from ECAS?

Sunil_JZ

Star Member
Jun 21, 2015
If you have a Provincial Nomination and get your PR rejected for some technical reason. Can you just create a new profile and get your provincial nomination transferred to you new profile. Would you then wait to get another ITA?

Has anyone done this? I am not in this boat as yet but I am curious as to what steps could be taken if I do have paddle to survive?

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Sunil_JZ said:
If you have a Provincial Nomination and get your PR rejected for some technical reason. Can you just create a new profile and get your provincial nomination transferred to you new profile. Would you then wait to get another ITA?

Has anyone done this? I am not in this boat as yet but I am curious as to what steps could be taken if I do have paddle to survive?

Thanks
I have heard of such cases where a person who had his PR application rejected got his nomination transferred to a new EE profile. I do not have evidence to confirm this. May be someone who had their nomination transferred can comment?

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Sunil_JZ said:

Thanks
I heard that a person who accidentally chose no IELTS for spouse, then his account became invalid instantly. He had received a nomination before this. He filed a CSE and had the nomination transfered to a new account.

Sanazeh

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Hi,

I got an ITA and I am gathering all my documents. I have one questions regarding Proof of Funds. The required fund amount is in my spouse's bank account but I am the principal applicant. However, he will be traveling with me. Is this accepted as POF or I need to have this amount in my own bank account? We can get it transferred but then it will not have 6 months history, while we have been maintaining our balance in his account over a year for this purpose.

If anyone has experience with this, please do help! Was anyone rejected on this basis?

Thanks,

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Sanazeh said:
Hi,

I got an ITA and I am gathering all my documents. I have one questions regarding Proof of Funds. The required fund amount is in my spouse's bank account but I am the principal applicant. However, he will be traveling with me. Is this accepted as POF or I need to have this amount in my own bank account? We can get it transferred but then it will not have 6 months history, while we have been maintaining our balance in his account over a year for this purpose.

If anyone has experience with this, please do help! Was anyone rejected on this basis?

Thanks,
You need not transfer the money. Since he is a accompanying dependent, a simple declaration from spouse that you (the PA) have unrestricted access to the funds present in the account will do, IMO

HAILMANU

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
The refusal letter arrives in your MyCIC as a message followed by status change on MyCIC on the same day or the following day. In your case, it is probably a system glitch. Recommend that you send a CSE right away if you haven't done so already.
Hi Guys, Im AOR July 30, BG in progress last two months or so. No DM yet. I'm wondering is there a point at which you can consider yourself 'relatively' safe (emphasis on the work relatively as I know u can never be completely safe)? Would it be unusual though to get rejection letter after 4 months and after BG in progress?

Sunil_JZ

Star Member
Jun 21, 2015
I have a bit of a complicated work experience. Wondering how many people in my organization I need to brief. Is it quite standard practice for CIC to call your employer? I have informed my director but I am trying to keep knowledge of my immigration plans restricted.

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
HAILMANU said:
Hi Guys, Im AOR July 30, BG in progress last two months or so. No DM yet. I'm wondering is there a point at which you can consider yourself 'relatively' safe (emphasis on the work relatively as I know u can never be completely safe)? Would it be unusual though to get rejection letter after 4 months and after BG in progress?
The jury is out on this one. Some people say that for FSW outlanders, when BG check starts it means that eligibility has been passed, and now they are looking at criminality. Others think that the three major tests (eligibility, security and medical) are assessed continuously and are passed on the same day a decision is made. Unfortunately it's not clear how CIC agents really go about processing our applications. It is very rare to get rejection very late in the game, but unfortunately it does happen every once in a while. Even the legendary Asivad Anac got a rejection about 15 weeks after AOR (over a technicality in his Financial documents). I would say you have a 95% chance of getting a positive DM soon. I would hope that some of the folks who got PPR and have their GCMS notes would shed some light on the actual dates they passed the three tests. Only GCMS notes can really tell us whether the tests are passed sequentially, or whether they all pass on the day of DM. I have the exact same fears as to whether I'm safe or not - as it pertains to NOC code choice. I'm an August 10th AOR, and my BG started last Wednesday. The longer I wait the more hopeful I get that they 'probably' accepted my NOC choice and found me eligible. Good luck to us all. Keep us posted!

HAILMANU

Star Member
May 19, 2015
tomneversfield said:
The jury is out on this one. Some people say that for FSW outlanders, when BG check starts it means that eligibility has been passed, and now they are looking at criminality. Others think that the three major tests (eligibility, security and medical) are assessed continuously and are passed on the same day a decision is made. Unfortunately it's not clear how CIC agents really go about processing our applications. It is very rare to get rejection very late in the game, but unfortunately it does happen every once in a while. Even the legendary Asivad Anac got a rejection about 15 weeks after AOR (over a technicality in his Financial documents). I would say you have a 95% chance of getting a positive DM soon. I would hope that some of the folks who got PPR and have their GCMS notes would shed some light on the actual dates they passed the three tests. Only GCMS notes can really tell us whether the tests are passed sequentially, or whether they all pass on the day of DM. I have the exact same fears as to whether I'm safe or not - as it pertains to NOC code choice. I'm an August 10th AOR, and my BG started last Wednesday. The longer I wait the more hopeful I get that they 'probably' accepted my NOC choice and found me eligible. Good luck to us all. Keep us posted!
Thanks for feedback, I'd be a bit worried of being rejected on POF grounds, similar to Asivad Anac. Would be very dissapointing for it to happen at this stage but I guess all I could do would be wait for another ITA and resubmit with corrected info. I was planning on goin back to Canada early January(i have a temp work permit valid till August 2016. Had been hoping to get PPR before January though, seemed like a long way off back in July. Hopefully we're not among the candidates that go the full 6 months before PPR or even beyond. Keeping fingers crossed i hear something before (even get a DM) before christmas

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In such a case, you must disclose all your financial accounts - bank accounts/ fixed deposits/ shares and securities /liquid investments everything, no matter if the amount is in excess of what you have declared in the EE profile.

This essentially helps to be on a safer side, if any of the PoF is treated invalid.

HRDJ

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Dear Asviad and Friends,

After ITA I was filling application , need your help in answering this question.

I had applied for Sasketswan nomination before Ontario PNP and my application could not proceed due to missing of some document after that I got Ontario nomination request and I did not peruse for Saskatchewan intentionally. what should I write in this response in application form.

Has you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de selection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

What should i write YES or NO ????