Reasons for Rejection

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy said:
It seems like you entered a qualification to get CRS points and did not upload the evidence in order for them to assess it. That or what you submitted was short of the 'evidence of qualification' they were looking for.

I'm in a slightly different situation where I'm awarded points for Work on the basis of months (not days). Got an ITA but scared that if I submit they may reject saying 'You did not have the work experience your ITA was based on at the date if issue). Before the day '60' I will have the experience but am unsure of accepting/declining the ITA. Am waiting for my Case Specific Inquiry to be answered.

As I said in another post, the silly thing is that the applicant cannot do anything to alter the situation.
Don't reject your ITA, wait until you reach the date before you submit your application. I too was in your shoes, when I received my ITA I was a few weeks short of 3 years but was awarded points for 3 years. I waited until the day I clocked 3 years then submitted. According to my gcms notes the submission date was used as against the ITA date. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Fantastica

thanuxxi

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
A guy from the October AOR group got rejected after claiming the additional 600 for LMIA when he didn’t have one!

Sunil_JZ

Star Member
Jun 21, 2015
Due to bad exchange rate i fear that my proof of funds may be insufficient if they do the conversion now. Anyone sent an updated bank statement via a CSE after submitting their PR application. Was it accepted? Is it worth the try?

Thanks

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anya654 said:
Don't reject your ITA, wait until you reach the date before you submit your application. I too was in your shoes, when I received my ITA I was a few weeks short of 3 years but was awarded points for 3 years. I waited until the day I clocked 3 years then submitted. According to my gcms notes the submission date was used as against the ITA date. Hope this helps.
Thank you very much Anya 654, based on what you have said I will wait until the 1 year has passed and try submitting. It will be interesting to see if CIC comes back to me.

kjz_box

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys,

Just curious, with my home country work experience there is a little problem, in my company I had two job titles, Network Engineer and Engineer - Network services.

In my EE profile, I mentioned Engineer - Network services but my appointment letter and later what documents i got from my company, mentioned "Network Engineer".

I attached explanation letter. But do you think its a "reject-able" offense.

I noticed this blunder after getting ITA, my profile was blocked at that time.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
kjz_box said:
Hey Guys,

Just curious, with my home country work experience there is a little problem, in my company I had two job titles, Network Engineer and Engineer - Network services.

In my EE profile, I mentioned Engineer - Network services but my appointment letter and later what documents i got from my company, mentioned "Network Engineer".

I think you are a bit too paranoid over here. What matters to CIC are your job duties and responsibilities, not your title. Based on them they determine NOC code, and yours would be (I guess) 2147. This is a list of title examples for that NOC: http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getAllExample&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=2147&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4&V=81423&VST=01012011

kjz_box

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnny123 said:
I think you are a bit too paranoid over here. What matters to CIC are your job duties and responsibilities, not your title. Based on them they determine NOC code, and yours would be (I guess) 2147. This is a list of title examples for that NOC: http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getAllExample&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=2147&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4&V=81423&VST=01012011

kjz_box

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnny123 said:

Based on duty my NOC is 2281 and Yes, I also have OINP.

Where are you in the process..

eski

Sep 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20 2016
Doc's Request.
Jan 20 2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Jan 20 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed Jan 23 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 17 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 13 2016
LANDED..........
April 28 2016
boske83 said:
I think it all depends on CIC officer assigned to the case... In my case - missing diploma - ok, my mistake, but WES transcript is more strict document than diploma - I could never get that transcript without having all university docs, so it is clear that I have it... and also - there is reference number to check for documents, if needed...

I have send Mr. Cohen a query to advise if there is hope to complain and ask for application reopen... I am very sceptic about it, but will probably submit CSE - maybe I will have better luck with officer this time...

i just wanted to add...sending in your transcripts does not in any way indicate that you have a diploma. For instance, i attended two schools. ...i have transcripts from one which i used to transfer to the other school that also gave me transcripts but i graduated from there and have a diploma from the last school. They still need to see the final diploma i think.

rcanadar

Dec 22, 2015
HELLO GUYS I JUST WANT TO KNOW THAT HOW MANY LETTERS WILL YOU RECEIVE IN YOUR PACKAGE WHEN YOUR FILE HAS REFUSED. CAN ANYONE PLEASE SEND ME THE SAMPLE OF REFUSAL LETTER. I WILL BE VERY THANKFUL TO YOU.

PLEASE HELP ME.
THANKS

KingOfGoodTimes

Mar 10, 2015
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 July 2015
Nomination.....
ITA : 26 June 2015
AOR Received.
EE: 04 July 2015 (Auto AOR)
Med's Done....
EE: Passed 15-July-2015
Passport Req..
DEC 24th :)
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
kjz_box said:
Hey Guys,

You can change the application as long as is does not reduce your original Points.

I stated my self as a software developer before ITA , But my experience letter says I was a system engineer for part of a time and test engineer for other.
After getting the ITA I changed the pre filled application to reflect this.
No Issue , as number of years I worked remains the same.

harshmaru

Star Member
Aug 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rcanadar said:
HELLO GUYS I JUST WANT TO KNOW THAT HOW MANY LETTERS WILL YOU RECEIVE IN YOUR PACKAGE WHEN YOUR FILE HAS REFUSED. CAN ANYONE PLEASE SEND ME THE SAMPLE OF REFUSAL LETTER. I WILL BE VERY THANKFUL TO YOU.

PLEASE HELP ME.
THANKS
I have been refused once.

for not submitting roles and responsibilities letter.

they only send one letter in your MY CIC account -

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Section 11.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act directs that an officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent residence to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make such an application if – at the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their application – the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or does not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) and were consequently issued the invitation.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada invited you to apply for permanent resident status based on the qualifications you claimed in your Express Entry profile. Those qualification claims and the accompanying Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points awarded were summarized in your invitation letter dated April 17, 2015.
In your Express Entry profile you indicated that you worked as an Information Systems Analysts and Consultants (NOC 2171). Though I am satisfied with your employment as Management Information Systems Analyst, I am not satisfied with the rest of your declared work experience. For your experience as Technical writer for Pitney Bowes Software’s and for Visnova Solutions PVT , you failed to provide supporting documents to show that you performed the actions described in the lead statement as well as a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation (NOC 2171) which you selected. The Onus is on the applicant to provide sufficient evidence in support of their application.
In accordance with section 11.2 of the Act of the Regulations, I am refusing your application because I have found that you do not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e). This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your round, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.
You will receive a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee that you have paid
You must remove your Job Seeker profile from the Job Bank website as you are no longer an Express Entry candidate. You must also remove any references that you are a candidate for Express Entry from any private job board websites, if you used any.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Regards,

Can1201

Jul 12, 2014
Hello guys I just want to ask for Inland applicants who got rejected is your refusal letter sent thru mycic or Canada post? Thanks in advance

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can1201 said:
Hello guys I just want to ask for Inland applicants who got rejected is your refusal letter sent thru mycic or Canada post? Thanks in advance
All rejection letters are sent through MyCIC

sparth1989

Jan 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harshmaru said:
I have been refused once.

for not submitting roles and responsibilities letter.

they only send one letter in your MY CIC account -

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Section 11.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act directs that an officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent residence to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make such an application if – at the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their application – the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or does not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) and were consequently issued the invitation.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada invited you to apply for permanent resident status based on the qualifications you claimed in your Express Entry profile. Those qualification claims and the accompanying Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points awarded were summarized in your invitation letter dated April 17, 2015.
In your Express Entry profile you indicated that you worked as an Information Systems Analysts and Consultants (NOC 2171). Though I am satisfied with your employment as Management Information Systems Analyst, I am not satisfied with the rest of your declared work experience. For your experience as Technical writer for Pitney Bowes Software’s and for Visnova Solutions PVT , you failed to provide supporting documents to show that you performed the actions described in the lead statement as well as a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation (NOC 2171) which you selected. The Onus is on the applicant to provide sufficient evidence in support of their application.
In accordance with section 11.2 of the Act of the Regulations, I am refusing your application because I have found that you do not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e). This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your round, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.
You will receive a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee that you have paid
You must remove your Job Seeker profile from the Job Bank website as you are no longer an Express Entry candidate. You must also remove any references that you are a candidate for Express Entry from any private job board websites, if you used any.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Regards,
Oh that's really sad to hear.I have 2 questions ,did they change your status to DM and then sent u this letter? And did they ask any additional documents before processing?
It would be a great help.Thanks