+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chdboy25 said:
@ Asivad Anac - for a FSW canadidate, word permanent in job letter is required? my job letter says full time with 40 hours per week? i am not a LMIA candidate....

thanks
No. CIC doesn't care for that terminology except for LMIA offer letters and that's because they want to prevent LMIA abuse.

Reactions: Jakev and nsrk

affan_123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
I am surprised to see so many rejections from cic without leting any chance to proof in second attempt. I believe only in hundreds would be successful applicants who would be landing or will land in different territories of Canada. Rejections related to the word permanent is not written is ridiculous. The checklist cic provides does not include word permanent in that. It only says " job status, roles, job title, dates you worked for the company, number of hours per week and annual salary with benefits". Still getting rejections i don't understand the purpose and good reason

affan_123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
One of the members also written that his friends profile got rejected due to noc code with responsibilities does not match. I wonder how he will prove it second time to cic. If he ask his company to redraft the letter and mention responsibilities as per cic requirement. I am sure cic will consider his profile as misrepresentation as compare to previous job responsibilities. ultimately "Banned"

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tosincci said:
gdday

Just to add another rejection scenario i havent come across here yet.

if your education was vis distance learning (online), its advisable you add your acceptance letter and possible proof of other activities you were doing concomitantly at your country of residence or wherever.

seems the current EE process did not factor that into calculation and so you can be rejected for not producing PCC for such if the university address is in another country. for example if you are in italy and did a distance learning program in usa, you can be rejected for not providing PCC for usa.

How can we fix this? Our situation is:
Course has been done in UAE university or center, but final MBA has been given by UK university, and diplomas by BTEC UK...
During BTEC diplomas, they were fulltime students in UAE college...but during MBA, it was a part-time online program through a UAE center (while working fulltime in UAE)

nancy20150710

Jul 10, 2015
rjoy.singh said:
Get the offer of employment letter as per the requirements and put a case specific enquiry asap also make a new profile if u have valid wp

my wp valid until may 28, i submitted to extend wp after i got AOR from CIC on Mar 27, the status of application for wp is still open. but my lmia expired may 28,can i still make a new profile? if i make a new profile, i can't claim the 600 points right?

nancy20150710

Jul 10, 2015
tala101 said:
Hi Nancy. What did the officer meant by your offer not being dated? Did your employer issue you a new one (which you uploaded/submitted)?
yes, i found it is not dated. the status of application for pr is closed and i got rejection. if it is possible to update a job offer with dated and those magic word? or it is too late?

tosincci

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4/04/2015 & 29/6/2015
Passport Req..
11-12-2015
nancy20150710 said:
yes, i found it is not dated. the status of application for pr is closed and i got rejection. if it is possible to update a job offer with dated and those magic word? or it is too late?
My dear nothing is ever late. if you can get the necessary documents you can send a CSE while waiting for another ITA. Someone here had is application cancelled and money refunded yet after 6-7weeks it was reopened.

all the best

tosincci

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4/04/2015 & 29/6/2015
Passport Req..
11-12-2015
EFK said:
How can we fix this? Our situation is:
Course has been done in UAE university or center, but final MBA has been given by UK university, and diplomas by BTEC UK...
During BTEC diplomas, they were fulltime students in UAE college...but during MBA, it was a part-time online program through a UAE center (while working fulltime in UAE)
where you got letter of acceptance and what is written on the final MBA certificate is likely whats gonna matter.
that is in ur case i am assuming BTEC was whats written in your acceptance letter as well as final certificate issued you.

i will advise u attach your letter of acceptance along with an indepth letter of explanation. usually the letter of acceptance will be able to sort it. secondly i will advise that despite the letter of explanation, your explanations specific for your education and for PCC (likely reason you can be denied) should also be included.

this is what i mean. you have written a letter of explanation. in it you might have explained grey areas in your education, PCC, finance, employment etc. i will then advice that the aspect for education is also included in your education history documents. same as for PCC.

Reason is depending of officer reviewing the document, they can look at your education history, expect to see a UK PCC and rush into a decision. however if the explanation is part already despite the explanation, your application is easier to understand. My opinion anyways

all the best

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
affan_123 said:
One of the members also written that his friends profile got rejected due to noc code with responsibilities does not match. I wonder how he will prove it second time to cic. If he ask his company to redraft the letter and mention responsibilities as per cic requirement. I am sure cic will consider his profile as misrepresentation as compare to previous job responsibilities. ultimately "Banned"
No, CIC will not think of this as misrepresentation. Indeed, many successful applicants have their letters rejected before finally accepted. CIC is very picky about letters.

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
affan_123 said:
I am surprised to see so many rejections from cic without leting any chance to proof in second attempt. I believe only in hundreds would be successful applicants who would be landing or will land in different territories of Canada. Rejections related to the word permanent is not written is ridiculous. The checklist cic provides does not include word permanent in that. It only says " job status, roles, job title, dates you worked for the company, number of hours per week and annual salary with benefits". Still getting rejections i don't understand the purpose and good reason
CIC is using the law which states that it is the responsibility of the applicant to show their full fulfillment of the immigration criteria. They use this as a reason not to give an applicant a second chance. Around 6 or 7 years ago they stopped giving applicants a second attempt to explain their application, partly due to the lower budget given to CIC by the Federal government.

On the good side, you can still quickly re-apply again after getting rejected under the EE system. You just need to ensure 100% fulfillment of their criteria in your application (which is not easy at times).

soccerdude84

Jul 11, 2015
caz1975 said:
Hi all, my PR application was submitted on 24 March and cancelled on 5 June due to not including traffic history from Australia (I am from Ireland but spent some years in Australia). I checked the requirement for Ireland PCC but did not check into the link for the Australian PCC which required a traffic history report. I have seen at least two other people on the forum who have been rejected for the same reason. So a heads up to check country requirements specifically for each country that you have lived in. The irony is that I already had the document (you need to provide it to get a drivers licence here, so I had got it before). I submitted a CSE with the doc on 5 June but not holding out any hope whatsoever on this.
Hey Caz1975, sorry to hear your story buddy. I too had a similar problem. I studied my Masters in Australia (Sydney) but I always flew back home between each semester which means I never stayed in Sydney for 6 months continuous stretch but rather 3 to 4 months each time. However, overall, I did stay for more than 6 months in Australia. My understanding was that Police Clearance is required only from Countries where you have stayed continuous 6 months and as a result, I didnt provide the Police Clearance from Australia and based on this I was totally rejected by CIC. I tried sending them an appeal email to whatever address I could find online but I didnt get any response.

Anyways, just a quick question, I did some research and found out that traffic history is only required if you stayed in Queensland. Did you stay in Queensland or somewhere else that CIC rejected your application? I applied for my Australian Police Clearance and I got only a "National Police Certificate".I am wondering if this is enough? I dont want to get rejected a second time for a similar reason

soccerdude84

Jul 11, 2015
Does anyone have an approved job reference letter format he/she can share to make sure key words/phrases are not missed out? Would be helpful to avoid getting rejected due to improper wordings of a letter

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soccerdude84 said:
Does anyone have an approved job reference letter format he/she can share to make sure key words/phrases are not missed out? Would be helpful to avoid getting rejected due to improper wordings of a letter
Format isn't as important as the content. Make sure all of the following is included and that should be enough.

It should be an official document printed on company letterhead

Include the applicant's name, the company's contact information [address, telephone number and e-mail address]

Include the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company

Indicate all positions held while employed at the company

Include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.

soccerdude84

Jul 11, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Format isn't as important as the content. Make sure all of the following is included and that should be enough.

It should be an official document printed on company letterhead

Include the applicant's name, the company's contact information [address, telephone number and e-mail address]

Include the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company

Indicate all positions held while employed at the company

Include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.
great thanks!