+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: visitor visa rejected - "other reasons" ?

agnes0910

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
UAE
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
03-08-2021
Hi bryanna,

I got refusal for the second time. This time i applied online and the reason for refusal are:
1. Purpose of visit (i made a letter for purpose of travel and the itinerary for 2 weeks stay
2. Current employment situation (i am working in this as a nurse for 11 months now.
3. Personal assets and financial status (i attached tenancy contract here in dubai and my acquired assets in manila Philippines)

My first refusal was nov 2016 thru paper application. Reason for refusal in the first application are:
1. Travel history
2. Purpose of visit
3. Immigration status in country of residence
4. Family ties in canada and in country of residence

I am planning to re apply again for the third time this april thru paper application. What else can i add to my application so i can have a high chance to get visa? Do you think reapplying after 2 weeks is okay? Thank you. Badly need your help. :(

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi bryanna,

I got refusal for the second time. This time i applied online and the reason for refusal are:
1. Purpose of visit (i made a letter for purpose of travel and the itinerary for 2 weeks stay
2. Current employment situation (i am working in this as a nurse for 11 months now.
3. Personal assets and financial status (i attached tenancy contract here in dubai and my acquired assets in manila Philippines)

My first refusal was nov 2016 thru paper application. Reason for refusal in the first application are:
1. Travel history
2. Purpose of visit
3. Immigration status in country of residence
4. Family ties in canada and in country of residence

I am planning to re apply again for the third time this april thru paper application. What else can i add to my application so i can have a high chance to get visa? Do you think reapplying after 2 weeks is okay? Thank you. Badly need your help. :(
I think you were refused because you are a Filipino nurse working overseas, in Dubai. I don't usually say this, but it might help to apply for a US visa first. The US is a bit more lax to give tourist visas to expatriates/OFWs than Canada is.

VISHAN78

Nov 18, 2016
My Parent-in-law's visa has been rejected with the "Other Reasons" which is reallt vague; The rejection came after one month of submission;

Any inputs on whether I can re-apply immediately after rejection?

I believe the reason for rejection may be showing just a bank balance of my in-laws that had less savings in their account. Not sure though!

Vijay

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My Parent-in-law's visa has been rejected with the "Other Reasons" which is reallt vague; The rejection came after one month of submission;

Any inputs on whether I can re-apply immediately after rejection?
You can apply even the next day after the refusal. As you do not know the exact reason for their refusals, you could order GCMS notes first.

I believe the reason for rejection may be showing just a bank balance of my in-laws that had less savings in their account. Not sure though!
IMO, it's best to re-consider the complete application instead of focusing on only one aspect/one possible reason for the refusals[/quote][/QUOTE]

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
I think you were refused because you are a Filipino nurse working overseas, in Dubai. I don't usually say this, but it might help to apply for a US visa first. The US is a bit more lax to give tourist visas to expatriates/OFWs than Canada is.
agree first take US visa and then visit and then re consider to apply because the reasons they gave it always 100% accurate better correct the issues and then apply for visa again Good Luck

agnes0910

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
UAE
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
03-08-2021
agree first take US visa and then visit and then re consider to apply because the reasons they gave it always 100% accurate better correct the issues and then apply for visa again Good Luck
I understand that applying for a visit visa in us will help for a stronger application in canada once granted but not guaranteed that i will get a us visa. Its still 50-50 percentage. Im just thinking that re applying after 2 weeks for the third time somehow will make a difference on my previous application. With that, i will move to the next plan. I actually dont know what to do. Really frustrated to visit my aunt and to travel with my partner

Apr 4, 2018
it's a rigged system, plain and simple, biased against applicants from non-white, developing countries. the decisions are not even made by canadians, they're made by nationals of whatever country you applied in, using a checklist.

it's a crappy, bogus system

Reactions: flaurier

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
biased against applicants from non-white, developing countries.
You mean those same countries that have a history and continued prevalence of applicants who would happily flaunt Canada's immigration requirements and stay here permanently, whatever the cost to Canadians?

Reactions: Bryanna
Apr 4, 2018
You mean those same countries that have a history and continued prevalence of applicants who would happily flaunt Canada's immigration requirements and stay here permanently, whatever the cost to Canadians?
all determinations should be made on a case-by-case basis, not on a discriminatory basis.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
all determinations should be made on a case-by-case basis, not on a discriminatory basis.
Not sure where you got this from *discriminatory basis*. It's flawed thinking. And, yes, all visa applications are determined on a case-by-case basis, not en bloc.

Just so you know:
Every Canadian mission abroad has Canadians who are deputed to those missions/visa offices. It is not as if visa offices abroad are entirely managed/all stages of visa processing are done only by locals

Apr 4, 2018
Not all visa applications are determined on a case-by-case basis, visa applications from certain countries are determined on a template basis.

Just so you know: the preliminary visa review is not conducted by Canadians, certainly not in my experience....It is not as if visa offices abroad are entirely managed/all stages of visa processing are done only by Canadians.

Last edited:

lmk

Mar 23, 2018
Given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history,
economic establishment and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of
your admission as a temporary resident in Canada
I also got same refusal in my first application In fact my case was much stronger
I also saw a video on YouTube under title VISA HUBB who represented case of a person who was refused for TRV in Aug2017 under other reasons I.e Given economic condition eye Then that person again refused on 21st March 2018 under reason "purpose of visit"Then that person again applied and got p.o. request on 25th March 2018. This is what video has shown with document proof What is the truth I don't have any idea
Any way Mairaj how will u plann again to apply
Plz share ur feedbacks

Amath03

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Hi @Bryanna, my parents visitor visa got rejected in 1998 and i declared it when i came to Canada 9 years ago. I am PR of canada and now i m filing for their visitor visa. I will be declaring that their visa got rejected in 1998 and i will be attached the refusal letter. Is there anything that i should do to make the case stronger?
Also, my mum does not have any bank account or liquid assets except for the FD (75000INR) and a land (my home) on her name. My dad has 1000000 INR in his account and he is retired now. What should i put in the question where they ask funds available for my (mum's) stay since she does not have cash under her name?

My dad will be the Principal applicant and i am applyin online under my Dad's cic account. Please suggest.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi @Bryanna, my parents visitor visa got rejected in 1998 and i declared it when i came to Canada 9 years ago. I am PR of canada and now i m filing for their visitor visa. I will be declaring that their visa got rejected in 1998 and i will be attached the refusal letter. Is there anything that i should do to make the case stronger?
Also, my mum does not have any bank account or liquid assets except for the FD (75000INR) and a land (my home) on her name. My dad has 1000000 INR in his account and he is retired now. What should i put in the question where they ask funds available for my (mum's) stay since she does not have cash under her name?

My dad will be the Principal applicant and i am applyin online under my Dad's cic account. Please suggest.
Your mom must include a Letter of Financial Support from your dad + his bank statement. For your mom's stay: INR 1000000

Is the FD locked-in?